Lets Take This Chance To Go Third

We've failed to take so many chances to cement our place in the top 6 that I fee the law of averages means...

We will take this one.

Hope the crowd gets behind the team tomorrow though it could make all the difference.

3rd for Christmas!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

What a lovely Christmas it would be in 3rd Position and a repeat of our 2-1 win away at stoke on boxing day...

Come on who remembers that day...

Whats that coming out of defence is it Bougherra  is it Bougherra

Brunt and Lunt

Deon Burton and Burton O'Brien lol

That was a great day oot! Maybe need to put Borner in?

What's that coming out of defence is it a boner, is it a boner?

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Daft as it sounds...

Leeds fixtures

Preston H

Birmingham A

WBA A

Us

I think there bang average its just there in such a poor league this season .just cant see em slipping up though as I think 3rd this season might be under 78 points . but lets hope they have a bad xmas and a few injuries to key players ,seeing them slip up gives me great pleasure vile disgusting club. 

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

That was a great day oot! Maybe need to put Borner in?

What's that coming out of defence is it a boner, is it a boner?

Got to be better than the other one hasn't it lol

14 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

What a lovely Christmas it would be in 3rd Position and a repeat of our 2-1 win away at stoke on boxing day...

Come on who remembers that day...

Whats that coming out of defence is it Bougherra  is it Bougherra

Brunt and Lunt

Deon Burton and Burton O'Brien lol

That winning goal was great... ball bouncing off post, defenders.... wallop. Goal. Carnage.

Not sure when it was that I realised that we usually stack it when we have a chance to capitalise. All I know is usually, when we need a win to stay up or go up we've managed it more times than not in my mind. The games where a win would be good but a draw or loss not fatal are the ones we lose the most. In my mind obviously. I'm assuming it's part confirmation bias and part my memory failing spectacularly to protect me from bad memories but we really do seem unable to 'turn the screw' when we have the chance. 

I reckon if you asked most fans of most teams the above would resonate. Consistency is the key. It's the elusive ingredient in every season. 2012 promotion and Carlos season 1 are the only times I can think of recently where we've had it. When we are relentless we still worry about it though so maybe that's why we fall back to the familiar, comforting 'it's the Wednesday way' mantra. It's our comfort blanket for when we fail. 

So yeah, amateur psychology hour is over for today. Get yoursens down to Hillsborough and make some bleeding noise eh? Enjoy it. Its nearly Xmas. Forget the EFL, forget the pigs, forget brexit and everything else that does your head in, and switch off for 90 minutes or so. 

Then back to reality with a bump cos that's the Wednesday way innit? 

22 hours ago, mark1948 said:

If we are going to reach the Premier League we've got to stop being scared of expecting us to take our opportunities.

With todays results we have the chance to go third but most importantly chip three points off the gap to second place and the automatic promotion slots.

I know that daring even to think that we can catch up is the kiss of death to the naysayers, let alone saying it out loud even worse putting it in print. But there I've done it now we can catch up. The first step is to believe we can win on Sunday then extend the run on Boxing day. Oh! and yes somehow some way we'll escape a points deduction catch Leeds and go up in the Autos.

Happy Christmas.

It’s going to happen mate.....

1.The EFL drop the threat of deducting points

2.We catch up, then overtake Leeds

3.We go up in an automatic promotion spot

4.Barry Bannan gets the PFA Premier League Player of the Season award