Rhodes v Derby

Guest Grez Bez

I thought he did well first half, good movement and created space for Fletcher. We looked very balanced as a team in the first 45.

He's clearly nowhere near what we need but we should persist until the Jan window or til we can get a pacey striker in.

He did Okay but thats about it.

Nuhiu did even worse when he came on and ive always stuck up for him.

Both hopefully sold along with Winnall.

Get a Bradley Dack or a Ollie Watkins coming in.

We desperately need some new faces in but the jan window will be hard.

• Haha 1

First start in some time, not had much game time and did well running the line. Rhodes won quite a few headers. Harsh to slate him for not adding any spark, other than early in first half we didn’t create that much at all - can’t blame Rhodes for that

First start in how long ???     He was nowhere near match fit, but come on he’s no worse than any other option we’ve got if we’re playing 2 up top 

I’d rather play Borukov than Winnall 

Did ok without really doing too much.

I’d persist with him for a little while. 

He needs games. We need to try to get the best out of him because he’s not going to be leaving any time soon. 

Options are 4-5-1 or Fletcher + 1. 

Lots of games coming up and we’re going to need him regardless so hopefully something will come from him

As sad as it is,  he is our best option to partner Fletcher in a 442 until hopefully January when maybe we can get a loan or something organized.

First half was ok,  second half passed him by completely.

Taking Fletcher off killed our game yesterday.  Although can understand why after 70mins and he'd run 10,000 miles again.

Adthe was shocking and looked like he'd just run a 20,000 miles.

The one thing you get from Rhodes over any other player in the squad, is.....very efficient ball boy skills. It’s invaluable how quickly he latches onto the ball when it’s out of play, he retrieves it so quickly!! 

In fairness to Rhodes he put a shift in last night and given a run of games to get a bit of sharpness back, who knows. Fletcher certainly benefits from a strike partner and Rhodes deserves a chance in this system. 

winnall as had a run of games this season and failed to impress, nuhiu is hit and miss so what is there to lose? 

11 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Doesn’t quite add up that. 

Doesn't link up play.

Never looks like scoring.

Basically offers nothing and hasn’t done for a long time. 

I thought he linked up play well,and with Fletch in 1st half some nice little touches between them,he also got in poacher positions in box free from his marker but,either Fletch had a go himself or the ball just didnt quite get there...

He needs a run in team,confidence everything to him.Him n Fletch more effective then Flrtch n Big Dave,we could have been 3 or 4 up 1st half....blocks n saves stopped that not effort...UTO....

10 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

He did Okay but thats about it.

Nuhiu did even worse when he came on and ive always stuck up for him.

Both hopefully sold along with Winnall.

Get a Bradley Dack or a Ollie Watkins coming in.

We desperately need some new faces in but the jan window will be hard.

You look at his record and he only scores with an extended run in the team, he won’t get that here as you can see everyone is at him already. I’m not saying he’s the answer but to judge him on a 45 and 70 minute performance when his record suggests he performs better over extended runs of games is wrong.

There’s no way we will be signing a Dack or Watkins in January with our financial problems.

I think it’s a bit unfair to have expected too much on Wednesday - simply because he hasn’t been involved for so long.

that said his previous record doesn’t suggest there is much to come.

i would play him at the weekend though personally.