Rhodes v Derby

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Rhodes should definitely NOT be in the starting line up this Saturday. Without Hutch, we will get ripped a new one if it’s just Pelupessy and Bannan. Bring in Luongo for Rhodes, go 4-5-1 and batton down the hatches!

On 11/12/2019 at 22:57, Dutch McLovin said:

I just hope Forestieri is fit for forest !! 

He'll probably send us a tweet from Italy soon to tell us how long he'll be out for and to wish us a happy Christmas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Rhodes should definitely NOT be in the starting line up this Saturday. Without Hutch, we will get ripped a new one if it’s just Pelupessy and Bannan. Bring in Luongo for Rhodes, go 4-5-1 and batton down the hatches!

Agree with this tbh.

Forest are a very decent side and Pelupessy isn't on the same level as Hutch.

Extra midfielder in there will help and give Harris more licence to get forward. To try and support Fletch and be our counter attack outlet.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

If Pelupessy starts, I shall scream. 

Who else though mate? I guess Luongo could play in a deeper role but it’s not ideal.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Who else though mate? I guess Luongo could play in a deeper role but it’s not ideal.

He played that role for QPR. Fletcher has just scored 5 in 3 playing 2 up top, and now people suggest going 1 up and packing midfield. Madness. Luongo alongside Bannan, Fletcher +1 up top, Lee & Pelupessy on bench. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He played that role for QPR. Fletcher has just scored 5 in 3 playing 2 up top, and now people suggest going 1 up and packing midfield. Madness. Luongo alongside Bannan, Fletcher +1 up top, Lee & Pelupessy on bench. 

Not madness at all. Forest will rip us to shreds if we play 4-4-2 with no Hutch. I guarantee you that Monk will see it as I do. What we’ve done before is irrelevant. This game requires a three man midfield. End if discussion.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
29 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Also according to my QPR mate who watched every game, he didn’t play in defensive midfield for them

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Also according to my QPR mate who watched every game, he didn’t play in defensive midfield for them

According to Ian Holloway who managed him, he did. :bullen:

On 12/12/2019 at 10:11, 83owl said:

You look at his record and he only scores with an extended run in the team, he won’t get that here as you can see everyone is at him already. I’m not saying he’s the answer but to judge him on a 45 and 70 minute performance when his record suggests he performs better over extended runs of games is wrong.

There’s no way we will be signing a Dack or Watkins in January with our financial problems.

When he first arrived at the club, he played in ALL of the first 20 games, starting 16 of them. He scored 3 goals in that period.

Is that extended enough for you?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

When he first arrived at the club, he played in ALL of the first 20 games, starting 16 of them. He scored 3 goals in that period.

That was in a team that played with no wingers trying to pass our way through all the time, and think Fletcher was injured so he was playing without being alongside a target man which doesn’t suit him

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Think van Persie once went 10 games without scoring at all, Owen 12 or 13 I think. If even the best Strikers have droughts then our championship ones certainly will.

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That was in a team that played with no wingers trying to pass our way through all the time, and think Fletcher was injured so he was playing without being alongside a target man which doesn’t suit him

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

Think van Persie once went 10 games without scoring at all, Owen 12 or 13 I think. If even the best Strikers have droughts then our championship ones certainly will.

Keep the excuses coming. I can't remember another player who's been the beneficiary of so many, for so long. When he scores, it's because he's a talented player. When he doesn't, everyone else is to blame. I remember one desperate soul even went so far as to earnestly claim that Gary Hooper was bullying him with no evidence whatsoever ! :laugh:

During Rhodes' time at the club we have had 7 other experienced forwards. ALL of them scored at a decent rate much better than him, so they didn't seem to find the 'service' (usually the last refuge for those who have run out of straws to clutch at) too much of a problem. Over and over again we were told that he "guarantees goals". No buts, ifs or maybes. He "guarantees goals". So where are they?

He started his time here with 16+4 appearances and 3 goals. Current form is 9+12 appearances, 1 goal. For those obsessed with statistics and how they 'prove' the case, that's utterly abysmal. Take into account the fee and the financial problems that have resulted partially from this (and other recklessness by the chairman) and he's an almost uniquely catastrophic failure.

Like everyone else, he has to prove his worth and earn his place. Until he does that, he's a minor squad member and deservedly so.

We're short on firepower up top. 

Is Rhodes the answer?? 

From what we've seen during his time here it's a bit of a resounding no. 

Maybe it's time to utilise the u23's set up a bit more, especially since we're not having a cracking season. 

Put Rhodes up top for the under 23's and under 18s(if you can) for the next half a dozen games in a row as one of the overage players. Maybe he grabs a few goals and gets some confidence back which would do him the world of good and would help him transition back into the first team . If he can't even do it at that level then we can finally decide he's shot.