Rhodes v Derby

3 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Jesus what do you want a goal a game even a fully fit on form JR would expect 10/15 goals in his first full season back if he can stay fit for the rest of the season and get 7/8 goals that will do, hes got good movement still 

His career record at Wednesday is 35+28 appearances (nearly a season and a half's worth of league games) for 10 goals. Is that really what we were expecting for the £7-8m we spent on him? Does it offer any evidence for this torrent of goals that he is supposedly always on the verge of?

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

We're short on firepower up top. 

Is Rhodes the answer?? 

From what we've seen during his time here it's a bit of a resounding no. 

Maybe it's time to utilise the u23's set up a bit more, especially since we're not having a cracking season. 

Put Rhodes up top for the under 23's and under 18s(if you can) for the next half a dozen games in a row as one of the overage players. Maybe he grabs a few goals and gets some confidence back which would do him the world of good and would help him transition back into the first team . If he can't even do it at that level then we can finally decide he's shot. 

Well he certainly can’t play for the U18s, but yes, both him and Winnall should play for the U23s

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well he certainly can’t play for the U18s, but yes, both him and Winnall should play for the U23s

I knew you could field overage players for the u23's but wasn't sure about the 18s bud hence the brackets. 

Your right we should be giving the likes of Winnall game time too. 

I know its not the same environment or standard as a real championship game, but I can't help thinking it would help with both his and as you say Sam's confidence. When you know youe capable and have successfully done something in the past sometimes you just need that bit of self belief back,to get back on the horse so to speak. 

On 11/12/2019 at 22:33, daztheowl said:

Well I've got him down for a hat trick by the end of the month. So suck on that. 

Gerrin JR.

On 13/12/2019 at 10:37, Kagoshimaowl said:

Rhodes should definitely NOT be in the starting line up this Saturday. Without Hutch, we will get ripped a new one if it’s just Pelupessy and Bannan. Bring in Luongo for Rhodes, go 4-5-1 and batton down the hatches!

He’s rather jumped the gun on my prediction. 

• Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 12:37, Kagoshimaowl said:

Rhodes should definitely NOT be in the starting line up this Saturday. Without Hutch, we will get ripped a new one if it’s just Pelupessy and Bannan. Bring in Luongo for Rhodes, go 4-5-1 and batton down the hatches!

Aged well that. Any chance you can hive me 43 numbers between 1-49, reckon the other 6 may be belters! 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
On 13 December 2019 at 13:45, wilyfox said:

He played that role for QPR. Fletcher has just scored 5 in 3 playing 2 up top, and now people suggest going 1 up and packing midfield. Madness. Luongo alongside Bannan, Fletcher +1 up top, Lee & Pelupessy on bench. 

On 13 December 2019 at 14:14, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not madness at all. Forest will rip us to shreds if we play 4-4-2 with no Hutch. I guarantee you that Monk will see it as I do. What we’ve done before is irrelevant. This game requires a three man midfield. End if discussion.

On 13 December 2019 at 14:15, Kagoshimaowl said:

Also according to my QPR mate who watched every game, he didn’t play in defensive midfield for them

On 13 December 2019 at 14:28, wilyfox said:

According to Ian Holloway who managed him, he did. :bullen:

:rolleyes:

smug cúnt moment. Sorry.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

:rolleyes:

smug cúnt moment. Sorry.

A very deserved smug moment. I will accept with my tail between my legs. I thought Luongo was outstanding actually in that role.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A very deserved smug moment. I will accept with my tail between my legs. I thought Luongo was outstanding actually in that role.

That's not your tail between legs... Want me to lube up or go in dry?