Rhodes v Derby

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

Thought he played 'well', but also struggling to think of any real meaningful impact he had on the game. 

Doesn’t quite add up that. 

Doesn't link up play.

Never looks like scoring.

Basically offers nothing and hasn’t done for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Thought he played 'well', but also struggling to think of any real meaningful impact he had on the game. 

Did enough to play again at the weekend, assuming he's fit enough given his lack of game time.

We really are reliant on Fletcher aren't we.

I’d question that He wasn’t rubbish, but he didn’t really influence the game There wasn’t noticeably more space for Fletch, due to his inclusion. Should he play at the weekend? If we want to persist with 4-4-2, then I suppose he’s no worse than any of the other options. The problem for me, like playing two out and out wingers, playing Rhodes doesn’t make us any more potent. In fact, I’m not sure it’s worth weakening the midfield, just to squeeze in an extra forward

Completely ineffective like he always is.

i wonder how bad Winnall must look in training to be picked behind him. 

Monk must see it too. He must be desperate to try and bring a more mobile striker in in January, if he’s allowed. I know I would be. 

Overall.....he was not very good.

But....lots of people have said to play him in 4 or 5 games and see how it goes.

He's not going to be amazing in his first start for 18 months. Plus needs to build a partnership with Fletcher.

Start him again...its not like we have many alternatives.

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Doesn’t quite add up that. 

Doesn't link up play.

Never looks like scoring.

Basically offers nothing and hasn’t done for a long time. 

That's what I'm getting at, it doesn't take much to play "well" by the standards were seeing up top, Fletcher aside. 

He ran around, he closed down, he received the ball to feet and also won a few aerial challenges...

...but he didn't look like scoring, barely touched the ball anywhere near the danger area and you reflect on the performance and say he didn't really do much.

I think 442 works on the balance of the last few games so we need another body up top alongside Fletcher and Rhodes has put himself at the front of the queue by doing the minimum you'd expect of a second striker.

Wasn't in the 2nd half at all.

First half, was more involved; received and gave the ball neatly a number of times.

But a striker has to offer so much more than that.

If Monk is able to bring someone in on loan in January, I've no doubts it'll be a striker.

As it is, you feel it'll have to be Winnall's turn again soon. Not holding my breath, mind, and I'm sure Monk won't be either.

He set fletcher up first half and hit the bar (just)

Second half past him by as he’s not match fit

He was part of the team and formation that played well first half and I think we should at least persevere with it for a few games to see what happens

In comparison to Murphy and Nuhui when they came on he had a blinder!!

Edited by yeadonowl
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, darra said:

TBF to him Fletcher got his head to a cross in the 1st half which if he'd left Rhodes was unmarked 6 yards out

I bet Rhodes was relieved it didn’t come to him. I don’t think even he believes he would score a free header from 6 yards out anymore.