No Westwood/Hutchinson/Forestieri = No Win

Would love to see the stats behind this, most of our bad form last season came when these 3 weren't playing. When they play, we win more, it's simple.

We're almost falling back into that now, when you drop even 2 of these players our form just dips. They're winners and get us results.

I could start bashing Monk for his selection and tactics, but i'll leave that for now...:ph34r:

This is more a shout to the players, we need more players to step up and become winners. Players like Bannan, Reach, Lees, Fox, Luongo, and Harris they need to take more responsibility and get us the points. 

I do understand it would be easier for the midfielders if we had two strikers on the pitch to pass too, but still. 

• Like 1

Cant agree more and this should be our spine. I must admit I agree with Dropping Westwood at the moment he has been dropping clangers and Dawson is a good keeper but I good team has a good spine who plays most games - ours should be:

GK - Westwood

CB - Iorfa

CM - Hutchinson

CF - Forestieri

Build the team round that and integrate Dawson to be taking over from Westwood

4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Hutchinson and Westwood wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference last night

We created loads of chances but couldn't finish. That is the problem

Dominated possession, 24 shots (I think), 5 on target and drew 1-1 although could quite easily have won the game at the death.

1 hour ago, Mr Hooper said:

Would love to see the stats behind this, most of our bad form last season came when these 3 weren't playing. When they play, we win more, it's simple.

We're almost falling back into that now, when you drop even 2 of these players our form just dips. They're winners and get us results.

I could start bashing Monk for his selection and tactics, but i'll leave that for now...:ph34r:

This is more a shout to the players, we need more players to step up and become winners. Players like Bannan, Reach, Lees, Fox, Luongo, and Harris they need to take more responsibility and get us the points. 

I do understand it would be easier for the midfielders if we had two strikers on the pitch to pass too, but still. 

FF’s last 16 starts = 2 wins.

One of them we scored our only goal after he was subbed.

• Haha 2

We have been experiencing a severe hangover since the play-off final and we simply have to move on.

Westwood, Hutch and Forestieri are very good players but I think with, the exception of Forestieri, it is long overdue that we need to freshen up those areas.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep...

The spine of the side hasn't changed. 

Not great, is it? 

Nope, as stated above things needed freshening up, here we are 3.5 years later and 7 from that side are still getting regular game time, Palmer is still here too.  That's 8 players that in 3.5 years have also now aged, there's no wonder we're stagnating.

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

We have been experiencing a severe hangover since the play-off final and we simply have to move on.

Westwood, Hutch and Forestieri are very good players but I think with, the exception of Forestieri, it is long overdue that we need to freshen up those areas.

Personally I would include Forestieri and add Bannan to the list.

Apart from Barnsley, those kids passed it around at back and lost it

Iorfa has raw potential

The rest are good players, but not the unbridled I'm gunna be an England player one day sort of mentality or age. Harris and Fox are a bit younger and have had some decent ratings this season

We still have a good core of players that we've found hard to improve upon - I'm not one to call for youth and think players can carry on for longer than some would have you believe, but they aren't going to last forever. I still think we've got a chance this year if we perform to our best and use the players we do have to their full potential

Edited by jomaco