No Westwood/Hutchinson/Forestieri = No Win

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I thought the midfield looked a lot better lat night with Lee and Luongo in.

Controlled the game first half, kept the ball better and broke into the final 3rd a lot quicker and more frequently. 

I must have been to a different game last night.

The number of times Lee and Bannan ignored the left side of the team and gave to ball way?.

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Aren’t Hutch and FF out of contract soon? 

If we get punished by the EFL, I’m presuming we may lose most out of contract players. 

We have many players out of contract which provides an excellent opportunity for a rebuild. Recruitment has got to be good however, and this hasn't often been the case over the last three years.

We need to move on, how many more times do we need to see that these players are not the answer.

Has Monk said why he left Hutch out? 
He got booked for a ridiculous challenge right in front of Monk at West Brom which I can’t imagine impressed him and might be near another suspension .

Might have saved him for an away game on Saturday 

Edited by oldishowl

5 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Personally I would include Forestieri and add Bannan to the list.

Forestieri I think probably needs to be moved on. I just know as soon as he does, he will be his old self again. Too much has gone on here, like a constant cloud over him.

Bannan is a consistent star, the only problem is we rely too much on him to be the game changer. With the right transfer policy, he wouldn’t have had so much pressure.

9 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Would love to see the stats behind this, most of our bad form last season came when these 3 weren't playing. When they play, we win more, it's simple.

We're almost falling back into that now, when you drop even 2 of these players our form just dips. They're winners and get us results.

I could start bashing Monk for his selection and tactics, but i'll leave that for now...:ph34r:

This is more a shout to the players, we need more players to step up and become winners. Players like Bannan, Reach, Lees, Fox, Luongo, and Harris they need to take more responsibility and get us the points. 

I do understand it would be easier for the midfielders if we had two strikers on the pitch to pass too, but still. 

Ok, you said you’d love to see the stats and luckily for you I have them right to hand......and not just over 1 or 2 games because they could just be a spike but over 100+ games

in the last 4 seasons with Westwood, Hutchinson and Forestieri being the backbone of the team in the vast majority of games = No promotions....not 1,  not even close the last 2 seasons 

Does that satisfy your desire for stats

Edited by Ian

16 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I must have been to a different game last night.

The number of times Lee and Bannan ignored the left side of the team and gave to ball way?.

Despite the number of 'shots' we had, we seemed to be playing into a packed defence.. Our main problem seems to me to be our build up, which is too slow.  One thing seems apparent when watching from afar, is that everything must go through Bannan. he insists on taking all dead ball kicks, and no-one can take a corner except him - both right and left. Quick dead balls are not to be considered!. And incidentally, when did we last score from a corner. We never seem to be a threat.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
20 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I thought the midfield looked a lot better lat night with Lee and Luongo in.

Controlled the game first half, kept the ball better and broke into the final 3rd a lot quicker and more frequently. 

I agree with Luongo. For me Lee is not the same player he was before his injury. I actually would go further and say he’s a shadow of his former self. Add to the fact that Bannan plays too deep if Lee plays then he wouldn’t get in my starting line up. If we play 2 cm it should be Hutch and Bannan or Bannan and Luongo. If it’s a 3 it should be those three. Lee on the bench and no more

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Despite the number of 'shots' we had, we seemed to be playing into a packed defence.. Our main problem seems to me to be our build up, which is too slow.  One thing seems apparent when watching from afar, is that everything must go through Bannan. he insists on taking all dead ball kicks, and no-one can take a corner except him - both right and left. Quick dead balls are not to be considered!. And incidentally, when did we last score from a corner. We never seem to be a threat.

Against Swansea...3 bloody weeks ago. Do you have memory loss?