Bannan hissy fit at Fox

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Couldn’t have said it better. 

Such a gob for a player who rarely delivers 

sick of his awful floaty corners and his free kicks out of play. 1 in 20 on the bullseye is nowhere near good enough 

Yep, and his "Hollywood" passes for show that never come off

• Thanks 1

Guest Kameron
10 minutes ago, trev said:

Harsh.

He is a quality player but he just needs to concentrate on his own game and stop rollicking everyone else.

What's he done for the last two seasons?  he's stealing a wage living of a decent first season, he'd be on my get rid list along with many others.

Maybe if Bannan concentrated on doing the basics in his own game instead a criticising others we might win a few more games. Yet again last night he contributed sweet FA and the sooner he is replaced along with Lee we might start moving forwards literally instead of going backwards, sideways and a little pirouette in between. If Bannan wanted to ball anyone last night then maybe he should have bollocked Reach for making that stupid sideways pass on halfway that gave away possession leading to the goal.

5 minutes ago, Kameron said:

What's he done for the last two seasons?  he's stealing a wage living of a decent first season, he'd be on my get rid list along with many others.

Been one of our best players tbh.

Not saying he isn't replaceable but it would cost a lot.

Id rather have Bannan in midfield than not let's put it that way.

Would u have a midfield without him from our existing squad? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Whether bannan was right to do what he did is debatable ...... but is Morgan Fox now our version of Raheem Sterling?........ie immune from criticism.

Doesn't matter who the player is. Standing infront of 20000 people gobbing off at a player won't help very often. Makes them nervous and prone to more errors.

Fox played well last night. Probably made a lot less errors than Bannan, Reach and a few others. Every player makes mistakes every game, certainly at this level. 

How would Bannan react if Fox stood there tearing Bannan a strip off every time he over hit a pass or let a player go past him.

If I was Monk, Bannan would never wear the arm band again.

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

aww,poor little footballers getting shouted at,you should have been at places I've worked over the years,now some of them could spit out a good old bollocking.part of lifes learning curve just like Foxy giving it to Westie against Swans..

Agreed, this shouldn't be an issue at all. Good job Roy Keane wasn't in our team, he used to ball everybody and it didn't do man Utd much harm. 

20 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Can't agree with this at all. Bannan was pointing and saying show him down the line which Fox did then didn't stop the cross, Bannan is telling him what he did wrong.

It's frustrating as it's small mistakes that costs you at this level and that's why you have to tell your team mates what they've done wrong so they hopefully won't do it again.

If you get offended by a player having a go at another player then you've never played football at a decent level, simple.

Completely agree.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, trev said:

Been one of our best players tbh.

Not saying he isn't replaceable but it would cost a lot.

Id rather have Bannan in midfield than not let's put it that way.

Would u have a midfield without him from our existing squad? 

Injury permitting yes, he'd also be gone at the next available opportunity.  It's time to stop making excuses for a long list of failures, It's the reason why we'll be starting our 20th season outside the top flight next year.  We owe no player anything, they're paid vast amounts of money to do a job, we show far too much sentiment on a regular basis and it's been holding us back for years.  I would seriously rip the lot up and start again, Monk would be first Bullen a footstep behind and the rest would swiftly follow.  If only we had a chairman with a f* * king clue.

Just now, 109Waddle said:

Completely agree.

Fans criticising because a player moans at another player for not doing his job correctly, unbelievable really.

I'm guessing the same fans would moan if players made mistakes and the players never said a word to each other.

As good as Bannan is, you need to play a certain way to accommodate him. In order for him to be the one spraying the ball about, you need to surround him with midfield players who will run their nuts off end to end.

Bannan defo is one of our very best players, we sadly dont have a setup to get the best out of him.

As for Bannan giving it to Fox for the mistake, theres nowt wrong with being told whats what by your captain. However, as a long term teammate, Bannan should also know that Fox has confidence made of glass and he should maybe have approached it a bit differently. 

26 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Yep, and his "Hollywood" passes for show that never come off

Didn't quite a few of his Hollywood balls come off last night, remember a few across field passes, and a few down the middle that others failed to control (ie Reach for one early on)?

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Don't get me wrong I love Bannan but he does it nearly every game, not just Fox, it's the same with Palmer and Pelupessy.

Considering Bannan's form and his suicidal attempted header back to Dawson last night he should probably wind his neck in a bit.

His header back to Dawson was particularly exciting :biggrin:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

No doubting his talent and importance.

But I can’t help but feel we’ve created a monster somewhat in regards to his attitude.

His career was on a downward curve when he came to us and I worry that too much was given to him after that first season, although he was sublime to be fair. Since then Wednesday have effectively held themselves to ransom with him. He’s become undroppable, every manage centres the game around him, he’s definitely not for sale, and we’ve handed him contracts that mean he’ll never have to worry about money again.

It feels like we put all our eggs in one basket to keep him in this league, and ultimately with us. And it’s hard to say he doesn’t know his importance because when you consider his attitude he very clearly does. How he’s been handled since Carlos left has basically put him on a pedestal and given him free reign. He plays like an NFL quarterback and bosses people around like Sergeant Major. It seems more destructive to his game and those around him.