Bannan hissy fit at Fox

Not denying Foxs fault in their goal but the way Bannan reacted as captain after was pathetic. Fox clearly was upset at the goal but Bannan was shouting at him and waving his arms around like a 12 year old. Taking a teammate down in front of the fans on the North especially when you are captain is not leadership. Bannan then made 2 errors far worse than Fox's but was lucky that they didn't capitalise.

Edited by Peacenocchio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bannan is a gobshite at times. Nothing wrong with giving people a b0ll0cking but he often does it after he's made the mistake. Westwood does the same.

Leadership is a skill some people have, we are short of that type of player. It doesn't come from being a great player yourself, having a gob on you or being hard, it's instinctively knowing when someone needs a pat on the back, a quiet word or a serious talking to. A slagging off infront of 20,000  people rarely works.

Borner is the nearest I can think of in our currrent team who might make a good captain, enthusiasic, supportive, a warrior and always got a smile on his face. Give him the rest of the season to settle in and he might be the man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

but is Morgan Fox now our version of Raheem Sterling?........ie immune from criticism

Sorry nearly spat my drink all over. Immune from Criticism? I don't think Fox has ever been immune from criticism, his entire Wednesday career he has been criticised except October this season.

Bannan made countless errors last night, no one was screaming at him. Maybe Barry needs to look at his own game before shouting at everyone else. I love Bannan, but he ain't a captain, give it Borner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Bannan is a gobshite at times. Nothing wrong with giving people a b0ll0cking but he often does it after he's made the mistake. Westwood does the same.

Leadership is a skill some people have, we are short of that type of player. It doesn't come from being a great player yourself, having a gob on you or being hard, it's instinctively knowing when someone needs a pat on the back, a quiet word or a serious talking to. A slagging off infront of 20,000  people rarely works.

Borner is the nearest I can think of in our currrent team who might make a good captain, enthusiasic, supportive, a warrior and always got a smile on his face. Give him the rest of the season to settle in and he might be the man.

Agree with all this except waiting on Borner, Monk needs to change the attitude of this team, give it Borner now i would say.

I would not say it was Fox but Lees at fault he had come for a ball, completely missed the play and was out of position, Fox has been caught out quite a lot when he is going forward, but clearly this is the way the team are being asked to play with the centre backs covering.

Last night Borner went off and lees was not at the races the first 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Great post

So many people on drugs on here talking about Bannan 

EVERYTHING we did came through him - everything, yet again he’s expected to do the lot because none of our midfield create anything 

You shouldn’t be watching football if you think Bannan is our problem, what a joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

So many people on drugs on here talking about Bannan 

EVERYTHING we did came through him - everything, yet again he’s expected to do the lot because none of our midfield create anything 

You shouldn’t be watching football if you think Bannan is our problem, what a joke.

Agreed. Very good player for this league. Shouldn’t be captain tho. 

13 minutes ago, Kameron said:

The sooner Bannan f@cks off the better, another who continually fails to deliver.

Couldn’t have said it better. 

Such a gob for a player who rarely delivers 

sick of his awful floaty corners and his free kicks out of play. 1 in 20 on the bullseye is nowhere near good enough 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

Not denying Foxs fault in their goal but the way Bannan reacted as captain after was pathetic. Fox clearly was upset at the goal but Bannan was shouting at him and waving his arms around like a 12 year old. Taking a teammate down in front of the fans on the North especially when you are captain is not leadership. Bannan then made 2 errors far worse than Fox's but was lucky that they didn't capitalise.

Can't agree with this at all. Bannan was pointing and saying show him down the line which Fox did then didn't stop the cross, Bannan is telling him what he did wrong.

It's frustrating as it's small mistakes that costs you at this level and that's why you have to tell your team mates what they've done wrong so they hopefully won't do it again.

If you get offended by a player having a go at another player then you've never played football at a decent level, simple.