Nero

Bannan hissy fit at Fox

Have heard from a player that Bannan often delivers dressing downs, especially after games. Most now just roll their eyes and think 'here he goes again'.

Tbf, I think Morgan Fox is having a better season than Barry Bannan. 

Fox isn't great, but he has been doing a steady job at LB. 

As for Bannan...a couple games aside, I can't really recall him making too many telling contributions. 

His floaty nothing passes to Fletcher last night were clearly not working, but he persists with them for whatever reason. 

It is all very much style over substance. 

Also - he made a crazy header back into our box in the second half which should have been punished. Not exactly the first time I've seen him do something stupid which puts us under pressure (back heels near our box etc). 

Perhaps he needs to take a look at himself before chewing out his teammates? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

And so he should have gone mad, it was p!sspoor defending! Why is Fox untouchable all of a sudden?

Edited by jacko1992
  • Agree 1

Oh, and patting yourself on the head before a corner? 

What does that mean? 

All of his corners are exactly the same and we never actually score from one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

His floaty nothing passes to Fletcher last night were clearly not working, but he persists with them for whatever reason. 

That's what happens when you play 1 up front with instructions from the manager to launch it to the big man at every opportunity.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Don't get me wrong I love Bannan but he does it nearly every game, not just Fox, it's the same with Palmer and Pelupessy.

Considering Bannan's form and his suicidal attempted header back to Dawson last night he should probably wind his neck in a bit.

Aren't captains meant to be vocal? I thought that was kind of the point.

Don't see what relevance his mistakes have either. Surely he shouldn't stop trying to carry out his captains duties because he has made an error.

• Agree 1

Probably worth noting that many have attributed Fox’s upturn in form to the positive encouragement he’s been getting from the fans, staff and players, like Borner for example.

So the fact Bannan constantly tears strips off him for minor mistakes, aswell as major ones like last night, tells you all you need to know about Bannan’s credentials as a captain..

• Like 1

Everything came through Bannan second half. We’ll be lucky to replace him with someone of his quality.

I don’t think he should be captain. But you can’t knock his performance last night. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don't think anyone is arguing Fox shouldn't be bolllocked.

I think the point being made is - would he dish that sort of bolllocking out to Hutchinson, Westwood for example if they made a similar mistake. 

Possibly not.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think the point being made is - would he dish that sort of bolllocking out to Hutchinson, Westwood for example if they made a similar mistake. 

Possibly not.

No chance. 

Bannan is lazy pure and simple, again last night his man left him countless times  but his admirers must only watch him in possession because he is useless out of it, he did not help Fox prevent the cross.  The so called washed up Lee had a good first half and indeed stripped their midfield of the ball several times and set us going forward. He (Lee) won some headers (Bannan did not) and tackles (far more than our captain) and got into the opposition box. His first thought seems to be to turn forward whilst BB is backwards first thus stifling momentum.  I understand there might be a grumble he did not finish the chance he had but our superstar captain never got near the target with his own two efforts.

FF came on and put more effort and possibly yards in than BB did all match, and got stuck in (even in our own box) but he is classed as lazy. The fact is that FF and KL  play in the more difficult areas in and around the oppositions box whilst the lauded one wants to play in a pocket mainly from his own half. If he was the "messi" of the division going forward I could excuse his pathetic defensive efforts but he is not. He has to get braver and play faster and further forward or let him  go on a free as I'm not sure anyone would buy him. 

Fox and Palmer do not appear great at stopping crosses and Palmer may be prone to getting caught out by a quick one-two but how many times is this a result of midfielders in front of them not been able to screen because one of their number has gone missing again and they are having to cover for him (BB).

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Everything came through Bannan second half. We’ll be lucky to replace him with someone of his quality.

I don’t think he should be captain. But you can’t knock his performance last night. 

Of course everything came from Bannan that is all any Wednesday player looks for. 

There seems to be a rule that it has to go to Bannan no matter what. 

• Agree 1

Bannan, Westwood and certain others on here cannot be critisized. 

Yes fox was worthy of a word and giving his head a shake, but bannan dosent really have those leadership skills to know how to react, like others he just throws a wobbler in the middle of the pitch shouting and balling. 

It's detrimental in a couple of ways, firstly adding extra pressure on someone who already knows they've screwed up, but it also shows the opposition you've been rattled. 

A good leader would have put an arm around him then given him some very  choice words in the ear. Being hysterical gets you know where. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

So many people on drugs on here talking about Bannan 

EVERYTHING we did came through him - everything, yet again he’s expected to do the lot because none of our midfield create anything 

You shouldn’t be watching football if you think Bannan is our problem, what a joke.

Sorry that’s absolute testicles.

our goal for example. 

Kieran Lee’s chance in the first half. 

Nuhiu’s chance

Bannan wasn’t involved. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Oh, and patting yourself on the head before a corner? 

What does that mean? 

All of his corners are exactly the same and we never actually score from one. 

He's just checking his new barnet hasn't blown off in the breeze.

• Haha 2

Did Tom Lee take over the captain When he came on?

If not then he should have done. He's club captain and should wear the armband whenever he is on the pitch. He should have had a quiet word in Bannan's lug hole. 

46 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Possibly not.

Would he accept a bolllocking from Fox, Palmer etc when he makes one of his many mistakes. I have my doubts.

Don't get me wrong, Bannan on his day makes us tick, I'm glad he plays for us but he's not a captain.

We've still got a number of players who think they are better than they are, they are good players but they've played for us for years and we've gone nowhere. If they were as good as they think we would be in the Premiership or they would have been bought by a Premiership club. Instead they are playing for a mid table Championship side. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

• Thanks 1

Bannan's long diagonal to Fletcher..

OR

Fletcher missing chance after chance...

Some things just never change at this club.

It's all become very predictable and 'easy' for a number of our players IMO.

• Agree 1

He’s short, he’s a bit ginger, he’s had a hair transplant that didn’t work, he believes his own hype and to cap it all .... he’s Scottish and he can’t get in the Scottish football team !.... you’d be a bit irritable wouldn’t you.

• Haha 4