Bannan hissy fit at Fox

10 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Whether bannan was right to do what he did is debatable ...... but is Morgan Fox now our version of Raheem Sterling?........ie immune from criticism.

Certainly didn't warrant an in match bollocking like that.  Esp. when Bannan wasn't exactly pulling up trees - unless you count numerous passes back to our own defense pulling up trees.

9 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Don't get me wrong I love Bannan but he does it nearly every game, not just Fox, it's the same with Palmer and Pelupessy.

Considering Bannan's form and his suicidal attempted header back to Dawson last night he should probably wind his neck in a bit.

He also appears to choose to castigate those who have already been subject to wider criticism from the 'fan' base - ...Still, so the song goes "we've got...".  I like him in the team, don't get me wrong, but I would never have him skipper in a million years - zero leadership on the pitch and the song really is a bag of poo .

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Of the impression that Bannan genuinely thinks he's the best player on the pitch every time he steps on it. Berating his team mates is a regular occurrence, yet he never puts his hands up and acknowledges his own shortcomings.

To be fair, he did apologize for that ludicrous header he did!

What an absolutely ridiculous thread.

Fans turn on one of the clubs best players. Our heads have absolutely gone. 

Firstly we expect too much from him. He was a free transfer and has turned into a revelation for the club. The bloke gives his all every week and is normally at the heart of every good attack. He covers the most ground every game. 

Secondly we will do well to replace Bannan with better when he does finally leave. There’s a reason why a lot of opposition manager makes a point of highlighting Bannan as our danger man in the pre-match press conference.

Thirdly people are making assumptions on his character and personality when they don’t even know the bloke. He must be a bad egg because he bolloxed Fox for making a mistake. You’d think half of Owlstalk are on the coaching staff because they know the character of our players inside out. Jesus wept.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Guest The Horse

And now it's got to the point where we're unhappy with Bannan.

This feels like when we all boo'd Sheridan to the bench.

Yes, he's probably too fiery and passionate to be a leader of modern men but to use this one example and stretch that to fit the feeling that we're better without him is pushing it.

I understand our collective patience is wearing thin with the lack of wins but he's still pretty much up there with the best in the division. Most pundits/ managers on the TV seem to think so whenever we're on.

And I'd much rather he was on our side than on Brum's last night.

Or anyone else's.

No one's irreplaceable but I think he's such an emotional player he reacts to the game like a fan.

I'd defo like to see Borner have a go at the captaincy though. Leave Bannan to get on with doing what he does best.

4 minutes ago, The Horse said:

And now it's got to the point where we're unhappy with Bannan.

This feels like when we all boo'd Sheridan to the bench.

Yes, he's probably too fiery and passionate to be a leader of modern men but to use this one example and stretch that to fit the feeling that we're better without him is pushing it.

I understand our collective patience is wearing thin with the lack of wins but he's still pretty much up there with the best in the division. Most pundits/ managers on the TV seem to think so whenever we're on.

And I'd much rather he was on our side than on Brum's last night.

Or anyone else's.

No one's irreplaceable but I think he's such an emotional player he reacts to the game like a fan.

I'd defo like to see Borner have a go at the captaincy though. Leave Bannan to get on with doing what he does best.

Good post. How people can criticise Bannan for his performance yesterday is beyond me.

Clearly so frustrated with the lack of wins, can’t bring themselves to say that we actually played quite well yesterday. 

5 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

There's getting stuck into people and then there's, just being a general gobsiitee. 

There's more to being a leader than just wandering around shouting at anyone when things go wrong. A captain has various different duties to do. 

A real leader organises those under him. 

They motivate people around them. 

Calm those down losing there heads or push those not pulling their weight. 

A leader should be the focal point of a team, its down to him to make sure all those around them are doing there duties as a unit. 

Running around "yapping constantly like a jack Russell" at everyone just makes people switch off and think oh shut up. 

That's what happens with bannan.

Bannan is a winner and it shows.

Some on here won’t be happy until all our winners are replaced by incompetent hard workers

• Thanks 1

Guest The Horse
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good post. How people can criticise Bannan for his performance yesterday is beyond me.

Clearly so frustrated with the lack of wins, can’t bring themselves to say that we actually played quite well yesterday. 

Saw your post was about to say 'Jinx'!

But this is basically the problem.

We need a win and fast.

Also something to connect the players and the fans again.

Feels like we're all drifting apart.

Just now, The Horse said:

Saw your post was about to say 'Jinx'!

But this is basically the problem.

We need a win and fast.

Also something to connect the players and the fans again.

Feels like we're all drifting apart.

Winning will do it. We need to start picking up points, but I’m not going to come on here and start picking on individuals. Particularly after last nights performance. They put a shift in, played some decent football and on the balance deserved the win. 

Need to sharpen up in front of goal, but unfortunately we don’t have many goal scorers in the club. Well, we have Winnall and Rhodes but doesn’t seem like they will get a chance. 

He's got a temper and I wonder what he'd do if people started bollocking him for misplaced passes or that stupid header into his own area he did last night. Having said that they're grown men who are all experienced players. They probably think, "STFU titch" and then just get on with it.

• Haha 1

We should have found another central midfielder by now and bannan could have been an option on left side.

over reliant on a player that is very good but doesn’t score goals and for all his intricate passing normally gets the ball back 6 passes later in same position.

I said it before, Bannan is one of the most gifted players we have, we just dont/cant play in a way that can fully accommodate and get the best out of his game. 

you need to build the whole team around someone like BB if you are going to use him as the playmaker as we do. We haven't done that through and it shows when everything goes through him and then has to come back to him.

the only way we are going to get the best out of BB at the moment is either to build a midfield around him as a deep playmaker or to stop him playing so damn deep and to come up with a few more passing moves and ideas that dont involve him being the crucial part.Teams know right now that if you stop him you negate a good chunk of our threat.  

Both easier said than done.

15 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

So Tom Lees is too quiet. 

Bannan is too noisy.

Think people look into the captaincy too much these days.

Tom Lees is too quiet, he should be encouraging, directing other players, keeping their heads up and generally doing captain stuff.

Bannan is too noisy because it's the wrong noise. He berates people after a mistake, often after he's made the mistake. Basically gobbing off and belittling people. Shouting encouragement and advice is what's needed.

At times it looks like we've got 2 teams out there. On that is dominant of some of our players and some who are just there to be shouted at and abused. What we need is a team where they all help one another and cover each other when they make mistakes. We've got decent individuals but no team.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like plenty of others on OT think the same. Not much Monk can do about it until we can shift some out and bring in some new players.. That nucleus of failure we've had fot the last 4 or so years needs breaking up.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Tom Lees is too quiet, he should be encouraging, directing other players, keeping their heads up and generally doing captain stuff.

Bannan is too noisy because it's the wrong noise. He berates people after a mistake, often after he's made the mistake. Basically gobbing off and belittling people. Shouting encouragement and advice is what's needed.

At times it looks like we've got 2 teams out there. On that is dominant of some of our players and some who are just there to be shouted at and abused. What we need is a team where they all help one another and cover each other when they make mistakes. We've got decent individuals but no team.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like plenty of others on OT think the same. Not much Monk can do about it until we can shift some out and bring in some new players.. That nucleus of failure we've had fot the last 4 or so years needs breaking up.

Think you are right here. 

Leadership is pretty complex - you either have it or you don't. 

Some people respond to a kick up the arse, others need an arm around the shoulder and encouragement. 

A good leader recognises that and knows what approach to use. 

If it was me, I think I'd rather have a Tom Lees type, though I think he is probably a bit too quiet. 

Bannan on the other hand...you'd just want to tell him to F off, wouldn't you? 

• Like 1