Bannan hissy fit at Fox

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

How many of you have complained about Loovens and Lees not getting stuck into people?

Seems like the POV gets twisted to suit the order of the day

There's getting stuck into people and then there's, just being a general gobsiitee. 

There's more to being a leader than just wandering around shouting at anyone when things go wrong. A captain has various different duties to do. 

A real leader organises those under him. 

They motivate people around them. 

Calm those down losing there heads or push those not pulling their weight. 

A leader should be the focal point of a team, its down to him to make sure all those around them are doing there duties as a unit. 

Running around "yapping constantly like a jack Russell" at everyone just makes people switch off and think oh shut up. 

That's what happens with bannan.

• Thanks 2

Like Reach I’m getting increasingly frustrated with Bannan. Neither are influencing games like they should be and have done in the past

Also I find it baffling why someone of his talent is so bad at shooting, 3 or 4 goals per season is a dreadful return for a central midfielder 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

There's getting stuck into people and then there's, just being a general gobsiitee. 

There's more to being a leader than just wandering around shouting at anyone when things go wrong. A captain has various different duties to do. 

A real leader organises those under him. 

They motivate people around them. 

Calm those down losing there heads or push those not pulling their weight. 

A leader should be the focal point of a team, its down to him to make sure all those around them are doing there duties as a unit. 

Running around "yapping constantly like a jack Russell" at everyone just makes people switch off and think oh shut up. 

That's what happens with bannan.

Good point 

The above is why Loovens was a great captain

The problem is that the way Bannan behaves means he gets no respect as a captain. He might as a player but not as a captain.

The referee had enough of him after 10 minutes last night. The captains of our opponents keep the referee on side and you can see the difference in their decision making.

The number of times Bannan ignored a pass to an overlapping Fox in order to try and pass it to his mate Fletch was awful 

Just now, Stoop said:

Good point 

The above is why Loovens was a great captain

We haven't as of yet found a replacement, Tom Lees is a very good professional and a cracking role model for the younger players as to how to behave on and off the pitch, but he's no Pearson. 

In fact the closest we've had was the lad venancio who we loaned and he ignored for half a season, he was immense in the away draw at the pigs and you saw him moving players around, talking the rest of the lads through the game. 

Hutch as much as I think he would make a good captain, while he has mellowed and stopped doing stupid things and getting sent off so often, is a bit like Lees in the fact he's better at just being asked to focus on his own game. 

Borner by the look and sounds looks like he could be potentially a good captain,but it's how people react around the dressing room when you change captain. 

It's been our downfall since clusterfck Carlos's last season when we all had realised Glen's legs had gone. 

It's just the same in every job and walk of life, if there's no good leadership it ends up a shambles. 

• Like 1

I’ve also seen BB whilst on the ball point to where he wants fox to run or where the balls going. And fox just looks at him. I did also notice that the overlap was on a few times and fox did nothing. I don’t understand him sometimes. Ino he’s had stick. But it’s never though lack of trying. And then he does simple things wrong like that. I don’t get it

Bannan was an absolute imposter last night.  Shouting and moaning at everyone yet skulking away when he dropped a b0llack (of which there were a few).  He spent most of the second half hiding when he Lee went off because he couldn't be bothered to do any work.  Luongo ran his blood to water and was carrying Bannan after the Lee substitution.  Bannan barely got out of the centre circle and he isn't happy unless he's spraying wonder balls left and right.

I was really really disappointed in him last night and for the first time I thought we might have been better without him.

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

So Tom Lees is too quiet. 

Bannan is too noisy.

Think people look into the captaincy too much these days.

No, that's not it. The point is that neither of them really seems to be strong at picking the team up when momentum has dropped or its going wrong; and neither seems great at encouraging individuals when that's needed. That is only an impression from the stands, but it's one that is widely shared, and it does seem to be an issue for a side that is capable of drifting well out of games. Not so much last night as against Swansea.

Of the two, Lees over Bannan. But even he doesn't strike me as a natural leader

Bannan is a twohat for how he has a proper go at other players, particularly the young ones.

If he could foookin pass or shoot straight and spend more time playing in the their final third rather than ours, pretending to be a centre half, then he might have something to shout about.

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

Fox deserved a bollocking for the goal. Been playing well but switched off and boom. But bannan should have been bollocking reach. He managed to turn attack into defence

Fox switches off at times, like Palmer does, and its costing us points

8 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Of the impression that Bannan genuinely thinks he's the best player on the pitch every time he steps on it. Berating his team mates is a regular occurrence, yet he never puts his hands up and acknowledges his own shortcomings.

Perhaps if he realised he isn’t, his own performance might be better.  

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Bannan was an absolute imposter last night.  Shouting and moaning at everyone yet skulking away when he dropped a b0llack (of which there were a few).  He spent most of the second half hiding when he Lee went off because he couldn't be bothered to do any work.  Luongo ran his blood to water and was carrying Bannan after the Lee substitution.  Bannan barely got out of the centre circle and he isn't happy unless he's spraying wonder balls left and right.

I was really really disappointed in him last night and for the first time I thought we might have been better without him.

I agree, I genuinely believe we need a Loungo and Lee/Hutch midfield 2 with real attacking threat on the wings of Harris and FF then 2 up top.

You cant do that with Bannan as he gets overrun

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

30 seconds in Bazza really is crap .............................another player at the club that puts the ball on a tanner like ?

Don't hurt your eyes looking there isn't one, some on here don't deserve a player like Barry Bannan in the team they supposedly support 

1m 44 seconds will be my abiding memory of bannan....great position to shoot, lazily smashes it over unchallenged

Bannan is a good Championship player and he is in the Championship because he doesn't have the full package.

Short range passing and crossing are very good, although for someone who can cross a ball while in play he appears to struggle with corners, weird.

His long range passing is about a 1 in 4, some applaud the high arcing  passes that players have to wait for or even run back to collect but they are not good passes, it's slows us down

As mentioned before off the ball he can be poor and when put under pressure physically retreats further and further, which unfortunately is not his game. That's why his best position is out wide he can get the ball further up the pitch and deliver those devastating crosses he can deliver.

So again it's why he is at this level, he can be excellent  and then none existent, luckily for us it's usually the former

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

Like Reach I’m getting increasingly frustrated with Bannan. Neither are influencing games like they should be and have done in the past

Also I find it baffling why someone of his talent is so bad at shooting, 3 or 4 goals per season is a dreadful return for a central midfielder 

3 or 4 goals haha we'd be lucky 

Think he's done that once in his entire career 

How many goals does he have this season? 

Him and Reach are the Most overrated players I've seen for Wednesday. 

He'll have 1 good game in 6