Forestieri

8 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Nuhiu opened the game up, Brum doubled up on him to defend the lead late on, then the point

FF played in the space created

On the basis of Reach’s shambolic performance, then FF deserves a shot in his place

Still not convinced he’s the player he was, doesn’t look fit or up to playing at the tempo that used to make his game 

He needs game time, how can he find any sort of form sat on the bench, monk not giving him a proper throw of the dice. 

8 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Cuts back far too much and doesn’t seem brave enough to try to beat a man anymore. Thought he was really disinterested and poor upfront, but then picked up quite abit when move onto the left wing. But, for me, he only looked good because we were so poor before that. He’s a long way off deserving a start too. He lacks that drive that made him special, he’d run through a brick wall to score in his first season. He looks like the injuries have really taken their toll.

Nuhiu however showed in his cameo why we’re much more of a threat at home with him and Fletcher uptop. 

Apart from the times he beat his man or tried to beat his man

Every time he got the ball Brum panicked. They dropped back and it gave us space. He created chances for others and himself. He brought some life into the team and the crowd. 

He hasn't been playing and he showed last night that he should get a start. I'm not surprised he's a bit mardy, when you watch reach and bannan play the way they did last night and you're on the bench it must wind you up. 

Whether he's leaving or not I'd start him in the next 3 games regardless. It's not like our results can get much worse. 

56 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Nuhiu opened the game up, Brum doubled up on him to defend the lead late on, then the point

FF played in the space created

On the basis of Reach’s shambolic performance, then FF deserves a shot in his place

Still not convinced he’s the player he was, doesn’t look fit or up to playing at the tempo that used to make his game 

Thanks for your input Mrs Dave but at no point did Brum double up on Nuhiu. All well and good to have you’re favourites but a modicum of truth is required. 

Anybody that has played the game knows ff is 100 per cent a proper footballer and is needed in the team right now 

he has been sidelined to the bench for some personal reasons and stubborn managers that egos are bigger 

look at Di canio he was a one off manager did not like him and he went off to better things 

Antonio the same 

brunt the same 

these were / are proper players that Wednesday need with passion in them 

why can’t some fans see this unless they have never played or want the perfect yes man player ! 

Ff at this point we need him as he has energy loves the game and provides opportunities and is not defensive 

end of 

10 hours ago, BRADDO said:

He's busy and positive and has quality. Must play a lot more. The side is looking well past its time though. The football played under Carlos in that first season seems a very long time ago. We lack quality at full back, CM and up top. Mid table at best I'm afraid and could be much worse when the EFL do their worst. 

I think the biggest problem is that we are crying out for a total rebuild and get shot of the old CC players. Should just accept that we won't go up this season and spend the next 2 seasons rebuilding instead of tinkering and insisting in playing the old guard. Ok will be painful and God knows how posters on here would react to being lower mid table, but we have been doing the same for 20 years and not got anywhere.

8 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

My take 10 yards from our bench was ...

The bench screaming at him was actually Weaver first waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was warming up in corner, so Weaver tells (rather bad mouths FF to)  Bullen, Bullen then waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was still warming up in corner so Bullen tell (rather bad mouths FF to) Monk. 

At this stage Hutch realizes watch going on so comes off bench, jogs about 20 yards down touchline and gets FF attention who then comes straight up to bench to get kitted off. 

Make of FF body language what you will (I’m no great fan of FF but his performance on the pitch was decent, certainly better than many of the starting XI), but utter shybo from Weaver and Bullen. 

Then in second half Bullen screaming at FF re his position for a Brum corner, again mutters indignantly to Monk,  if I were you Bullen I’d be more interested in our centre half’s position at a Brum corner (whilst sticking to balls, bibs and cones and the comfy number your currently on). 

Great post and again egos bullen : Weaver / should be positive rather than negative they clearly have an issue with ff when really should be grateful there still being paid by Wednesday 

look at the rivals across the city they encourage players and work as one unit with Wednesday it always looks like there are divisions in the camp !! 

Work together bullen / weaver / monk and be positive we might get somewhere then 

I think the problem is Bullen. He clearly is not a fan of FF and has been in the ear of several managers now, I think he should move on at the next managerial merry go round. Bullen has been a good servant and I wouldn’t class him as a Wednesday legend as some do on here- he was a decent player in a very poor Wednesday side. FF is by far our most talented player who has the ability to create something from nothing. Once he came on we looked a completely different team. This situation of refusing to start him reminds me of when Danny Wilson said he couldn’t play Carbone and Di Canio together in the same team. 

28 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I reckon just about every football club in the world has a player, who's not getting game time, that would solve many of their teams problems if only the manager would play him.

True, and I guess that generally only gets raised when the results are poor

40 minutes ago, Paul1867 said:

I think the problem is Bullen. He clearly is not a fan of FF and has been in the ear of several managers now, I think he should move on at the next managerial merry go round. Bullen has been a good servant and I wouldn’t class him as a Wednesday legend as some do on here- he was a decent player in a very poor Wednesday side. FF is by far our most talented player who has the ability to create something from nothing. Once he came on we looked a completely different team. This situation of refusing to start him reminds me of when Danny Wilson said he couldn’t play Carbone and Di Canio together in the same team. 

Yes , Bullen clearly doesn`t like FF, whether he has good reason for this we don`t know do we.

What i do know is the team comes first and FF should be starting games.

6 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Yes , Bullen clearly doesn`t like FF, whether he has good reason for this we don`t know do we.

What i do know is the team comes first and FF should be starting games.

Exactly. FF may or may not train well, but it’s the performances on the pitch that matter. 

43 minutes ago, Paul1867 said:

Yes that’s exactly my thoughts 

I actually sponsored Danny Wilson that year kit etc as when he was manger and that’s what happened like I said previous posts hate to say it but Chris wilder would not do this to players he unites everyone if they are at the club 

bullen yes he is stale and not really seen football at the high level to see how you actually create winning mentalities 

unfortunately some coaches and manager try to put there stamp on things to prove they are in charge !! But they write there own downfall doing this 

it’s a shame that some of us can see this 

I wonder if Roy Hodgson will be leaving out Zaha this weekend or Ralph Hasenhüttl leaving out Nathan Redmond?

Perhaps if you are right at the top like Manchester City you can occasioanlly leave out an outstanding player.

But clubs like us cannot afford to do this, you need your best player playing.

I am still very annoyed that at Millwall we had 70%+ possessionin the second half but could not score against 10 man Millwall.

Bullen had left Fernando in Sheffield!

• Thanks 1

I wish he was the player he was. But he isn't.

I wish he had the attitude he had at first. But he hasn't.

He's a selfish charicter as we know, but from a team perspective the boss can only indulge players like that if they are clearly better than everyone else. And he isn't anymore.

23 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I am still very annoyed that at Millwall we had 70%+ possessionin the second half but could not score against 10 man Millwall. 

Bullen had left Fernando in Sheffield!

And then proceeded (in order to unlock millwall camped in their box for most of the time) to put Rhodes on rather than Nuhui

Good old Bully (sarc)