Forestieri

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Drop our best striker to play Forestieri in a role he can’t play?

I agree he should start, but wide along with Harris.

Forestieri has better link up play with Nuhiu. They play well together.

The whole idea is to get our best player in Forestieri playing. Having him up top with Nuhiu gives us a good chance of doing that. Not a dig at Fletch he's playing well (but still the same gripe I have with him doesn't score enough) but were not winning or scoring enough. Have to try something different.

15 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

With respect, your in the North, I’m circa 10 yards from Bullen.  I did not see nor hear Bullen tell Hutchinson to get Forestieri.  

You cannot possibly see or hear any interaction between a Bullen and Hutchinson, even if there was any (which there wasn’t).   

If I want to get somebody’s attention 50 yards away, I’m screaming Nando.  This simply did not happen either.  

Its a regular thing when a few subs are warming up and they call upon one that it takes a while to be seen/noticed, and then there’s confusion to who they want.  

I don't dispute your general point that FF can be high maintenance, however, I have no doubt whatsoever that BBC Bullen has a very low opinion of FF.  I’ve witnessed it on several occasions.  

if you cannot possibly see or hear anything how do you know for sure they’re wasn’t ?!    

Also, you have no idea whatsoever about Bullens relationship with FF

He’s got to start tomorrow. I know he’s a bit of a bell and there’s problems with his attitude but he’s a goal threat and he will provide that extra bit of guile in attacking areas. We will lose some defensive work but something needs to change.

Charlton have injury problems and we need to go for the kill tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

if you cannot possibly see or hear anything how do you know for sure they’re wasn’t ?!    

Also, you have no idea whatsoever about Bullens relationship with FF

I can see and hear as I’m 10 yards away.  I’m saying the supporter in the north cannot hear of see whether Bullen spoke to hutch (which he didn't). 

In response to the second point, let’s just say it does not appear to be particularly harmonious having viewed it and heard it from 10 yards away on several occasions.  

I see The Stir are trying to upset things by posting the article with Bannan saying FF doesn't work hard enough in training and during the match.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-stats-show-impact-fernando-forestieri-could-have-owls-misfiring-attack-1327398

6 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I see The Stir are trying to upset things by posting the article with Bannan saying FF doesn't work hard enough in training and during the match.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-stats-show-impact-fernando-forestieri-could-have-owls-misfiring-attack-1327398

Sheffield Star just reported something a player said in a press conference. Not sure you can accuse the Star of stirring.

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sheffield Star just reported something a player said in a press conference. Not sure you can accuse the Star of stirring.

but why structure the article that way.

Starts of telling us how FF creates the most chances, most forward passes etc, then finishes with a "oh and his team mate publicly says your a slacker"

Just now, agentwalker said:

but why structure the article that way.

Starts of telling us how FF creates the most chances, most forward passes etc, then finishes with a "oh and his team mate publicly says your a slacker"

The Star will structure a story to get maximum effect. The Star job is to sell newspaper and internet clicks not to be a cheerleader of SWFC.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s got to start tomorrow. I know he’s a bit of a bell and there’s problems with his attitude but he’s a goal threat and he will provide that extra bit of guile in attacking areas. We will lose some defensive work but something needs to change.

Charlton have injury problems and we need to go for the kill tomorrow.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

The Star will structure a story to get maximum effect. The Star job is to sell newspaper and internet clicks not to be a cheerleader of SWFC.

:ghoulguy:

Thus why I referred to it as The Stir,

Not had you breakfast this morning have you. ahh diddums.  

53 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I can see and hear as I’m 10 yards away.  I’m saying the supporter in the north cannot hear of see whether Bullen spoke to hutch (which he didn't). 

In response to the second point, let’s just say it does not appear to be particularly harmonious having viewed it and heard it from 10 yards away on several occasions.  

Sorry mate, I also sit 10 yards from the dug out.  After FF ignored them for the 3rd time.  LB turned to the bench and clearly shouted 'Hutch go and get him' while gesturing with his thumb towards Foriesteri.

A number of posts on here concern me with the anti-FF comments.

He is our most talented player and must of course start against Charlton.

If the manager cannot manage talented players then like Danny Wilson and his "fancy dans" that manager should not be managing SWFC.

I have it on good authority that Roy Hodgson will be playing Wilf Zaha at the weekend and Ralph Hasenhüttl will of course be playing Nathan Redmond.

The vast majority of teams here or abroad start their best players.

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

If the manager cannot manage talented players then like Danny Wilson and his "fancy dans" that manager should not be managing SWFC.

I have it on good authority that Roy Hodgson will be playing Wilf Zaha at the weekend and Ralph Hasenhüttl will of course be playing Nathan Redmond.

Yup.

Forestieri is clearly the arm around the shoulder and show some love type of player.

I'm not saying let him get away with anything and be all softy softy but some players need their ego caressing. 

U do whatever it takes to get the best out of your players. Especially your best players.

1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

I would start him, not because he is our best player, he hasn’t deserved that status for a couple of years. Most skilful, talented possibly but being the best player to me means having the positive impact on the pitch.

I would start him because we need to see if he can make the difference going forward and also it hopefully will show the fans whether he is bothered or not and if not we can move on.

I suspect he can’t be bothered.

Knows we can’t/ won’t be renewing his contract on anything like the same terms and is looking for pastures new at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, trev said:

Yup.

Forestieri is clearly the arm around the shoulder and show some love type of player.

I'm not saying let him get away with anything and be all softy softy but some players need their ego caressing. 

U do whatever it takes to get the best out of your players. Especially your best players.

Previous comments from both Bruce and Monk suggest we have been doing that for quite a while.

You can’t do it forever without getting something positive back from the player.

So BB confirms what I posted in the other thread.  He’s a good player but a big fuckingbaby.  Ever since he did the bike stunt and turned out his pockets which gullible fans fell for because Fletcher got a car as part of his signing on fee I’ve felt the same.

He’s good but not that fuckinggood.  Needs to grow up, tow the line and prove it.

If he starts tomorrow i'll be disgusted and based on Bannan's comments it won't go down with other members of the squad too.

Could cause us bigger problems than we have now. Get shut