Forestieri

16 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No mate, thought he played with face on. Walking back after we got a goal, straight down the tunnel at full time. Didn’t even congratulate Harris despite being nearest to him, or celebrate in any way at all.

Thats not how you win a place in the starting 11

I can’t wait until he’s gone to be honest. You lot all talk about the need for hungry players and you’re right but he ain’t got that anymore 

He may have been first down the tunnel but he didn't go straight down and applauded the fans in the South Stand on his way. Agree about the goal celebration though, was very subdued and sauntered back to the halfway line when everyone else was ready to kick off.

Looked far more lively and involved when he moved wide left and often links up well with Nuhiu.  

5 minutes ago, Stockyowl said:

Anyone notice the bench screaming at him when he was warming up? Must have gone on for 3 minutes, he just kept turning his back to them and carried on warming up. Ball went out of play 3 times after Weaver informed 4th official of the substitution. Even sent another sub to fetch him back. 

My take 10 yards from our bench was ...

The bench screaming at him was actually Weaver first waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was warming up in corner, so Weaver tells (rather bad mouths FF to)  Bullen, Bullen then waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was still warming up in corner so Bullen tell (rather bad mouths FF to) Monk. 

At this stage Hutch realizes watch going on so comes off bench, jogs about 20 yards down touchline and gets FF attention who then comes straight up to bench to get kitted off. 

Make of FF body language what you will (I’m no great fan of FF but his performance on the pitch was decent, certainly better than many of the starting XI), but utter shybo from Weaver and Bullen. 

Then in second half Bullen screaming at FF re his position for a Brum corner, again mutters indignantly to Monk,  if I were you Bullen I’d be more interested in our centre half’s position at a Brum corner (whilst sticking to balls, bibs and cones and the comfy number your currently on). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

To me it's now got to the stage where everyone is asking Monk about FF  and he's trying to stand his ground and not play him to prove he's right and it's not all about FF.

Going to end up backfiring if he keeps not playing him and loosing.

He’s not playing him because he’s a mardy little fizz,  it’s not hard to figure out 

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

FFs best period under Carlos came when he played on the left, and again tonight he looked better there than up front with Fletcher

FF links well with Bannan and Atdhe from the left.

Pity he doesn’t like playing there!

True!

He’s definitely not a striker. Lacks the intelligence. 

Guest wilyfox

I understand why many are in the camp wanting him to play and recapture form, but I'm on the side accepting his time here is nearing an end. Should have done so a while ago. I'm counting down the months - and I suspect he is too. We need new options. 

He played well, but he’s a proper mardy arse. Wouldn’t come onto the pitch. Didn’t even celebrate the equaliser. First off at the end.

Something is wrong and that’s a shame, as he changed the game tonight.

Either he’s leaving, in which case, drop him from the squad. Or, he’s staying, in which case start him.

Let’s have a bit of honest communication though 

2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Just me who thought Forestieri was a bit meh tonight then? I think he's the sort of player who needs game time to get that sharpness but he didn't do anything tonight that marks him out as a must start.

I thought Nuhiu was the better performer of the two attacking subs.

No, I thought he was very middling in terms of end product - well, in fact it’s not a case of ‘I thought’...he *was*, it’s undeniable. But thing is, he got forward. Got in position. Ball at his feet on edge of box (and facing the right effing way, glory be! Why is that so hard for us?!). Ran the ball over halfway without being forced to stop and get rid as soon as the first challenge looms, unlike everyone else except Harris and Iorfa.

He’s got to get more minutes because we aren’t scoring goals and Fletcher on his own cuts an increasingly exasperated figure - fair bleedin’ play to him too.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Just me who thought Forestieri was a bit meh tonight then? I think he's the sort of player who needs game time to get that sharpness but he didn't do anything tonight that marks him out as a must start.

I thought Nuhiu was the better performer of the two attacking subs.

Yeah probably just you.

I actually thought he made a massive difference, as soon as he came on there was more movement,intensity, quicker passing and more quality.  Has to start for me.

On a side note, an attacking midfielder in modern football with an attitude? what are the chances. Surely a good coach/gaffa should be able to get alongside him and help to channel that into something positive.

Edited by Woodyowl450

Guest LittleG

I'm sure it won't be too long before FF is being blamed for us not winning tonight! I get that some people don't like him but let's give him credit where credits due; he did make a difference when he came on or would some prefer to watch another insipid performance from Reach or Murphy.

I'm going to buck the trend here, but I thought FF looked knackered

He's either seriously unfit

Or he's just not interested

Yeah, he did one or two decent things

The problem is when we haven't got the ball, he walks about

Did anyone notice Fletcher doing that lung busting run to close their full back down, FF was closer to the player but he couldn't be arsed

We also noticed an attack when FF was just walking while Bannan, and Luongo looked to be busting a lung to get up and support

FF has quality, no doubt about it, but half of the time he just doesn't look interested

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

What happens next?

He leaves, he’s good for a little bit wherever he goes, it turns toshit and then everyone has a row about his time here before everyone finally realises that he was brilliant on his day but prettyshit on the whole given the time he was here and the actual amount of brilliance we saw in reality.

Mardyarse who thinks he’s better than what he is whose ego is fuelled by fans who are living in the past.

Would absolutely LOVE to be wrong about this....

5 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

No, I thought he was very middling in terms of end product - well, in fact it’s not a case of ‘I thought’...he *was*, it’s undeniable. But thing is, he got forward. Got in position. Ball at his feet on edge of box (and facing the right effing way, glory be! Why is that so hard for us?!). Ran the ball over halfway without being forced to stop and get rid as soon as the first challenge looms, unlike everyone else except Harris and Iorfa.

He’s got to get more minutes because we aren’t scoring goals and Fletcher on his own cuts an increasingly exasperated figure - fair bleedin’ play to him too.

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm going to buck the trend here, but I thought FF looked knackered

He's either seriously unfit

Or he's just not interested

Yeah, he did one or two decent things

The problem is when we haven't got the ball, he walks about

Did anyone notice Fletcher doing that lung busting run to close their full back down, FF was closer to the player but he couldn't be arsed

We also noticed an attack when FF was just walking while Bannan, and Luongo looked to be busting a lung to get up and support

FF has quality, no doubt about it, but half of the time he just doesn't look interested

Pretty much my take.

If you're desperate to play you look like you're desperate to play. You cram 90 minutes of energy into whatever game time you get, you play with enthusiasm. We know what Forestieri can do, we know the quality he has, he's undeniably a talented footballer.

I want to see the Forestieri of his first season, I want to see him busting a gut to close clearances down and create chances (like he did at Wolves and on numerous other occasions), I want to see bustling energy. 

I want to see the Forestieri who posts on social media, the lively, quirky, full of energy Forestieri. That's what was wrong with his performance last night and that's why I thought he was a bit meh.

You can probably get away with a poor performance if you're busting a gut whereas you've got to play a hell of a game of you look like you're sulking around the pitch.

Nuhiu opened the game up, Brum doubled up on him to defend the lead late on, then the point

FF played in the space created

On the basis of Reach’s shambolic performance, then FF deserves a shot in his place

Still not convinced he’s the player he was, doesn’t look fit or up to playing at the tempo that used to make his game