Forestieri

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That depends how disruptive their presence is and how talented they are. It's no different from any work psychology situation.  A knobhead can disrupt a happy atmosphere and have a negative effect that can outweigh the positive things they supply. I'm not saying that's the case with FF but SWFC is a workplace just like any other.   

Fair point, but if he's one of the highest paid & most skilled in the workplace, his manager should swallow his pride & play whoever is best for the team. Performance improved with his inclusion, that can't be argued. 

He needs a run in the team before he leaves for me. I am not his biggest fan but i can also accept i may be wrong. I am surprised he didn't start last night. But i don't see training and if Monk thinks Lee and Luongo are better options then i trust Monk. Monk just needs to be left to judge this team. I believe it needs an overhaul and an injection of youth, but hopefully the current squad proof me wrong and are competing for play-offs. But i think we look like a mid-table team, like Birmingham actually.

3 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Anybody that has played the game knows ff is 100 per cent a proper footballer and is needed in the team right now 

he has been sidelined to the bench for some personal reasons and stubborn managers that egos are bigger 

look at Di canio he was a one off manager did not like him and he went off to better things 

Antonio the same 

brunt the same 

these were / are proper players that Wednesday need with passion in them 

why can’t some fans see this unless they have never played or want the perfect yes man player ! 

Ff at this point we need him as he has energy loves the game and provides opportunities and is not defensive 

end of 

Professionalism! Doesn't impact, flair, ability and skill, but lack of it impacts work rate, attitude and application.

At his age, on his wages he needs to find some.

He's a 29 year old man child.

25 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Appeared for us 9 times this season, mostly coming off bench, apart from his goal v Swansea I can't recall what he had done before last night. 

He’s not done anything this season to warrant starting a game. 

People are just calling for him to start because Reach looks completely shot unfortunately. When FF continues to add very little, but from the start, people will call for Murphy and Reach again. 

Too many are still blinded by his former glories. He’ll never be the player he was 4 years ago again. People need to let it go, he’s an impact sub at best now. 

32 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Fair point, but if he's one of the highest paid & most skilled in the workplace, his manager should swallow his pride & play whoever is best for the team. Performance improved with his inclusion, that can't be argued. 

Best for the team is key. The team is not just matchday though is it?

He's played silly buggers before and some managers won't stand for it.

Monk will have to figure out how best to manage him but he should not compromise his ethics and expectations of behaviour in the process.

Fessi will have to decide how he plays it as well.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Not as if we have forgotten what has happened before. But FF is a class player and can change our play now.

I would say FF can have a greater impact on the team and results than Bullen doing his "coaching" or whatever he does maybe. Maybe Bullen does not rate FF, but how many in here really rate Bully as a coach?

What on Earth has Lee Bullen got to do with owt !!?  Shall we have a pop at Weaver aswell ?  Because he ignored both of them ! 

yeh yeh it’s there accents, Fessi didn’t understand them 

Get a grip , the lads heads gone and it’s nobody’s fault but his own , he’s on the bench because he’s not fighting for a starting place 

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s not done anything this season to warrant starting a game. 

People are just calling for him to start because Reach looks completely shot unfortunately. When FF continues to add very little, but from the start, people will call for Murphy and Reach again. 

Too many are still blinded by his former glories. He’ll never be the player he was 4 years ago again. People need to let it go, he’s an impact sub at best now. 

Don’t agree.

We have four players for the two shirts.

Reach is bang off form.

Murphy has slightly improved but is struggling.

Harris has gone off but still of the four has to start.

Forestieri deserves a start after greatly impressing last night.

6 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I watched him very carefully when he came on. I'm not sure his head is in the right place at the moment. Monk inferred the same earlier this week. His body language suggested someone unhappy or lacking confidence. He sauntered on and took a while to get into it. His spark seems to have gone. Don't get me wrong. He grew into the game but he wasn't snapping at the oppositions heels, chasing down when he lost it and wreaking havoc like he used to.

There must be something going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he needs an arm around him. I don't know.

Most likely lacking in confidence, he seemed happy enough doing his mowing, doing stuff for charities etc. He needs regular game time to get back to his best, even if occasionally he don't perform well. 

19 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

He took nearly 10minutes I think! 

It looked like he was in the dressing room still until the 50th minute too? After they scored I saw Bullen disappear down the tunnel, came back a minute later, then FF appeared a couple of minutes after that. Bizarre. 

It was an absolute joke.  It took them 3 minutes to stop him warming up and then another 3-4 to get his f*cking kit on!  

19 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

My take 10 yards from our bench was ...

The bench screaming at him was actually Weaver first waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was warming up in corner, so Weaver tells (rather bad mouths FF to)  Bullen, Bullen then waving him, FF didn’t see him as he was still warming up in corner so Bullen tell (rather bad mouths FF to) Monk. 

At this stage Hutch realizes watch going on so comes off bench, jogs about 20 yards down touchline and gets FF attention who then comes straight up to bench to get kitted off. 

Make of FF body language what you will (I’m no great fan of FF but his performance on the pitch was decent, certainly better than many of the starting XI), but utter shybo from Weaver and Bullen. 

Then in second half Bullen screaming at FF re his position for a Brum corner, again mutters indignantly to Monk,  if I were you Bullen I’d be more interested in our centre half’s position at a Brum corner (whilst sticking to balls, bibs and cones and the comfy number your currently on). 

Think you're being very kind to him here.  From the North I could see Weaver waving him back when he was running towards him, then just turn and go back.  Weaver tried 3 times (that I saw) then Bullen jumped up and did the same to no avail.  When Bullen sat down he told Hutch to go and fetch him.  Hutch got to him and put his arm round him to pull him back to the bench.  He then took an age to put his short and shorts on.

It kind of summed up what I've always worried about him, he plays for himself and not the team.  He did OK when he came on, but Nuhiu did far more in actually bringing him into the game!

Monk should start him to once and for all prove/disprove the myth.

Just not bothered...

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Think you're being very kind to him here.  From the North I could see Weaver waving him back when he was running towards him, then just turn and go back.  Weaver tried 3 times (that I saw) then Bullen jumped up and did the same to no avail.  When Bullen sat down he told Hutch to go and fetch him.  Hutch got to him and put his arm round him to pull him back to the bench.  He then took an age to put his short and shorts on.

It kind of summed up what I've always worried about him, he plays for himself and not the team.  He did OK when he came on, but Nuhiu did far more in actually bringing him into the game!

Monk should start him to once and for all prove/disprove the myth.

With respect, your in the North, I’m circa 10 yards from Bullen.  I did not see nor hear Bullen tell Hutchinson to get Forestieri.  

You cannot possibly see or hear any interaction between a Bullen and Hutchinson, even if there was any (which there wasn’t).   

If I want to get somebody’s attention 50 yards away, I’m screaming Nando.  This simply did not happen either.  

Its a regular thing when a few subs are warming up and they call upon one that it takes a while to be seen/noticed, and then there’s confusion to who they want.  

I don't dispute your general point that FF can be high maintenance, however, I have no doubt whatsoever that BBC Bullen has a very low opinion of FF.  I’ve witnessed it on several occasions.  

16 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

With respect, your in the North, I’m circa 10 yards from Bullen.  I did not see nor hear Bullen tell Hutchinson to get Forestieri.  

You cannot possibly see or hear any interaction between a Bullen and Hutchinson, even if there was any (which there wasn’t).   

If I want to get somebody’s attention 50 yards away, I’m screaming Nando.  This simply did not happen either.  

Its a regular thing when a few subs are warming up and they call upon one that it takes a while to be seen/noticed, and then there’s confusion to who they want.  

I don't dispute your general point that FF can be high maintenance, however, I have no doubt whatsoever that BBC Bullen has a very low opinion of FF.  I’ve witnessed it on several occasions.  

With respect, I watched Bullen turn around to Hutch, who then got up and physically pulled Nando back to the bench.

Why you seem to have a problem with Bullen, a guy who has done absolutely everything for the club over the last decade is just weird.

Just not bothered...

47 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

With respect, I watched Bullen turn around to Hutch, who then got up and physically pulled Nando back to the bench.

Why you seem to have a problem with Bullen, a guy who has done absolutely everything for the club over the last decade is just weird.

Im sat looking at Bullen ... he never said anything to hutch ... hutch imho got up of his own volition ... I’m 10 yards away from Bullen, a far better view point / earshot than the north wouldn’t you agree? 

i don’t have a problem with Bullen per se ... he has of course been loyal to the club and, in return, the club have remunerated him ... Bullen clearly has a problem interacting with Forestieri (when it’s his job to do while ever Forestieri is at the club)