Forestieri

9 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I wish he was the player he was. But he isn't.

I wish he had the attitude he had at first. But he hasn't.

He's a selfish charicter as we know, but from a team perspective the boss can only indulge players like that if they are clearly better than everyone else. And he isn't anymore.

Completely disagree with all that everyone entitled to there opinion but this is why we are in a mess he is clearly a better player then most we have 

He has been targeted and suppressed too 

Wednesday management / chairman too are living in the past 

I thought Fernando was really good when he came on last night.

He brought a spark to the team that it was clearly lacking.

Lots of doom and gloom on here about his attitude.

But a little bit of tlc and I think FF will soon be the first name on the team sheet again.

Bullen lost his rag with Fernando when he was clearly ignoring him to get stripped, in the end Hutchinson had to go and fetch him....there is a clear problem and more worrying is Monk simply not selecting a player that we need to start at this point in time.

27 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I wonder if Roy Hodgson will be leaving out Zaha this weekend or Ralph Hasenhüttl leaving out Nathan Redmond?

Perhaps if you are right at the top like Manchester City you can occasioanlly leave out an outstanding player.

But clubs like us cannot afford to do this, you need your best player playing.

I am still very annoyed that at Millwall we had 70%+ possessionin the second half but could not score against 10 man Millwall.

Bullen had left Fernando in Sheffield!

Quite a simple game really, play your best and the in form players. 

I could understand it if we had loads of talented and creative players but we haven't. FF is one player who can change a game on his own and gives the team a lift, so should start each game if available.

He scares opposition defenders and creates space and chances for others, now if our other Strikers would actually finish is another question entirely.

're Bullen, guess FF is the total opposite of what Bully wants in a footballer, he was hardly dynamic as a player. 

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Bullen lost his rag with Fernando when he was clearly ignoring him to get stripped, in the end Hutchinson had to go and fetch him....there is a clear problem and more worrying is Monk simply not selecting a player that we need to start at this point in time.

Can't blame FF for not understanding Bullens Accent. I used to switch off when Bullen was doing his post match interviews. 

As a player liked Bullen, but feel he is quite fortunate to still be a coach here as we have not exactly been a success during his period coaching.

1 hour ago, Paul1867 said:

I think the problem is Bullen. He clearly is not a fan of FF and has been in the ear of several managers now, I think he should move on at the next managerial merry go round. Bullen has been a good servant and I wouldn’t class him as a Wednesday legend as some do on here- he was a decent player in a very poor Wednesday side. FF is by far our most talented player who has the ability to create something from nothing. Once he came on we looked a completely different team. This situation of refusing to start him reminds me of when Danny Wilson said he couldn’t play Carbone and Di Canio together in the same team. 

Can only dream of having the likes of Di Canio and Carbone playing now.... Wilson lol, he really knew his stuff as a manager. Wonder what he is doing now, sure he must be coaching at the highest level. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

He’s not playing him because he’s a mardy little fizz,  it’s not hard to figure out 

Yeah, if I was FF I'd be unhappy playing for that mardy little fizz too!  :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Can't blame FF for not understanding Bullens Accent. I used to switch off when Bullen was doing his post match interviews. 

As a player liked Bullen, but feel he is quite fortunate to still be a coach here as we have not exactly been a success during his period coaching.

Totally agree.

It’s funny isn’t it , we as a fanbase back FF against anyone and everything

It’s always the managers faults and we even start slating Bullen and Weaver for daring to ask him to get stripped off and ready to come on, can’t understand there accents !?  Eh ?    He should be chomping at the bit to come on , period , no discussion but then this is a player who’s got previous in not been able to be arsed to pull on the shirt innit ?   But we’ll not mention that because that wasn’t his fault either was it 

13 hours ago, S1Owl said:

was class when he came on created chances etc, if Monk don't start him next game it must be cos he don't like him or he's pig headed. He needs games to get going can't keep giving him 20 mins ffs  

I watched him very carefully when he came on. I'm not sure his head is in the right place at the moment. Monk inferred the same earlier this week. His body language suggested someone unhappy or lacking confidence. He sauntered on and took a while to get into it. His spark seems to have gone. Don't get me wrong. He grew into the game but he wasn't snapping at the oppositions heels, chasing down when he lost it and wreaking havoc like he used to.

There must be something going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he needs an arm around him. I don't know.

Rhodes doesn’t celebrate a goal .... meltdown, disgrace, get him gone ASAP 

Forestieri doesn’t celebrate ..    not his fault it’s everyone else’s for not putting an arm around him 

Monk is starting to come across as being some what pig headed its his way or no way even if he is wrong.

He said as much with the whole Clotet saga.

I heard a interview he did this week where he said the fans were calling for Fessi but he will pick him when he want to not when the fans do.

But very clearly the team looked better last night when he came on so either Monk does not have a clue what he is doing or we are not being told the full story which would not surprise 90% of the fans base for the last 4 years of the way the club has been with ever aspect of Information to the fans.

in an age when a player going to the toilet is reported on twitter we get no information what so ever.

This is what I think is happening....

I think he’s been sold already, is taking thepiss in training yet still expects to start and Monk isn’t having it.

I think he thinks he can get away with it based on his popularity and the obvious need of his input in the team.

I also think Reach might be on his way too.

If I’m right then it just needs managing until January, we need to stay in touch and we need to spend the money on new faces.

I don't give a flying fk what's going on behind the scenes with somebody's mood or body language.

If there's a better player on the bench than the XI on the pitch, get him out there. It's about winning matches not proving who's in charge & pssng about with peoples feelings ffs.

I'm not FF's biggest fan, but he changed the game for the better. That's all that matters. Start him before Reach any day of the week.

ps  One upfront isn't working GM. It's a dull, negative & unambitious formation. And don't try & tell me it's 4-3-3, because it fkng isn't.

Edited by The only way is S6

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s funny isn’t it , we as a fanbase back FF against anyone and everything

It’s always the managers faults and we even start slating Bullen and Weaver for daring to ask him to get stripped off and ready to come on, can’t understand there accents !?  Eh ?    He should be chomping at the bit to come on , period , no discussion but then this is a player who’s got previous in not been able to be arsed to pull on the shirt innit ?   But we’ll not mention that because that wasn’t his fault either was it 

Not as if we have forgotten what has happened before. But FF is a class player and can change our play now.

I would say FF can have a greater impact on the team and results than Bullen doing his "coaching" or whatever he does maybe. Maybe Bullen does not rate FF, but how many in here really rate Bully as a coach?

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Rhodes doesn’t celebrate a goal .... meltdown, disgrace, get him gone ASAP 

Forestieri doesn’t celebrate ..    not his fault it’s everyone else’s for not putting an arm around him 

Think FF has contributed far more to us than JR. Not afraid to step up for a Pen.

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

This is what I think is happening....

I think he’s been sold already, is taking thepiss in training yet still expects to start and Monk isn’t having it.

I think he thinks he can get away with it based on his popularity and the obvious need of his input in the team.

I also think Reach might be on his way too.

If I’m right then it just needs managing until January, we need to stay in touch and we need to spend the money on new faces.

We had better have a bloody good striker lined up to replace him then.

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Not as if we have forgotten what has happened before. But FF is a class player and can change our play now.

I would say FF can have a greater impact on the team and results than Bullen doing his "coaching" or whatever he does maybe. Maybe Bullen does not rate FF, but how many in here really rate Bully as a coach?

It doesn’t matter if FF is a brilliant player and LB  is a shitcoach.  No excuse for ignoring him during a live game in front of 20k + supporters, most of whom worship him and want him on the pitch asap.

It’s disrespectful to both parties.  Folk making excuses for him let’s him think he can do what he did.

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I don't give a flying fk what's going on behind the scenes with somebody's mood or body language.

If there's a better player on the bench than the XI on the pitch, get him out there. It's about winning matches not proving who's in charge & pssng about with peoples feelings ffs.

That depends how disruptive their presence is and how talented they are. It's no different from any work psychology situation.  A knobhead can disrupt a happy atmosphere and have a negative effect that can outweigh the positive things they supply. I'm not saying that's the case with FF but SWFC is a workplace just like any other.   

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That depends how disruptive their presence is and how talented they are. It's no different from any work psychology situation.  A knobhead can disrupt a happy atmosphere and have a negative effect that can outweigh the positive things they supply. I'm not saying that's the case with FF but SWFC is a workplace just like any other.   

If he’d come on and scored then run across to the bench to prove his point I’d get it but he didn’t.

I remember when George Graham used to bench Ian Wright periodically and he wasn’t guaranteed to score and would be busting a gut to get on the pitch to prove a point.

Sulking and fuckingabout before you even get on there is not the same.