EFL Statement

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Its not the selling of the stadium, its that we sold it and then back dated the sale to cover the last FFP period. Derby did it on time and so the sale and the registration of the sale are at the same time. Unfortunately the date of the registration of the sale and the date we say we sold it don't match and would put us outside the date for the FFP period. Cant even bend the rules properly ffs. 

Which is pretty obvious to all

Guest wilyfox

Inevitable. Can't backdate the sale how Chansiri has and not expect scrutiny. I applaud his financial commitment to the club, but the way he's done things reeks of amateur. He's approached FFP as an after-thought. This season is now a write-off.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So genuine question if we are being done for this will Derby County and Villa also be getting the same treatment or will once again the EFL will ignore everyone else that has done the same and make an example out of us.

I also wait to see if Leeds goalkeeper also gets a 6 match ban in line with the same allegation that Forestieri got banned for earlier in the season. I won't hold my breathe on this one though.

Derby sold their ground within the same FFP reporting period, the land registry confirms this.  We have backdated ours, what I don't understand is we were supposed to be working closely with the EFL to resolve issues, they signed off on the accounts and removed transfer embargo's not once but twice. 

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

Derby sold there's "in time". Villa are not in the EFL

But Villa were in the EFL when they sold their stadium so the same rules should apply or yet again one rule for one team and another rule for others.

This is kind of the fundamental issue with the EFL they pick and choose which teams to fine and dish out embargo to then completely ignore others.

4 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Just had this from a mate, not sure how much truth is in it.....

Heard about this. The sale was attributed to the years accounts but theres still no money exchanged. 
Against one of the fundamental rules of accounting. 

So debtors in accounts don't count? I don't think your mate knows much about accounting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

Heard about this. The sale was attributed to the years accounts but theres still no money exchanged. 

Not necessarily against accounting rules but if money wasn't exchanged then it does bring into question the substance of the transaction.

But Villa were in the EFL when they sold their stadium so the same rules should apply or yet again one rule for one team and another rule for others.

This is kind of the fundamental issue with the EFL they pick and choose which teams to fine and dish out embargo to then completely ignore others.

If we are bang to rights we are bang to rights. If we've broken the rules blame Chansiri not the EFL.

Not really. Villa are not a member of the EFL currently... What they gonna do, dock them points from a separate league. Wolves also spent way above P&S too

P&S rules are pointless - I don’t really understand what the rules are doing or protecting against in the case of us or Derby etc. I mean look at us, we’re paying our bills, we’re employing people, we’re competing. The rules will actually suffocate us, not help us. How’s that helping anyone?  Assuming we’ll be put in an embargo, a fine and potential points deduction. All of which are counter productive. 

I get they want clubs to avoid overspending, but clubs have to overspend to compete, given the obscene wages and transfer fees. 

Don’t get me wrong, though we’ve totally screwed up. Our transfer policy has been awful. 

Guest Kameron
7 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Why would cash need to be exchanged when selling to yourself?

21 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Unfortunately I can't see the outcome being anything else other than a points deduction.

Probably 9 points as per the Birmingham precedent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47667742

Nine points would put us in 18th level on points with Huddersfield but we have a better goal difference. 

Think it could be worse points deduction for braking FFP plus an additional deduction for the way we tried to circumvent the rules