EFL Statement

Size of breach on a sliding scale of up to £15m: 1-12 points Aggravation: 0-9 points We'd get a total of 12 points minimum Birmingham were given 3 points extra for aggravation (intentional breach), but given 1 point back for immediate compliance with the EFL after the breach.

It's hard to argue that the sale and lease back, delay of accounts and decision to post a large profit from the sale wouldn't constitute an intentional breach. On the plus side we have cooperated with the EFL all along and have exited two transfer embargoes and spent little.

A realistic estimation of the points deduction we could then suffer would be around 15 points: 12 points for the size of the breach, 4 (out of 9) for aggravation (multiple intentional breaches) and 1 for mitigation (cooperating with the EFL).

Key point from the Twitter thread posted above.

Again, speculation, but research based speculation.

Edited by Matt_1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can see any points deduction for us being the last straw for Chansiri TBH? I think he’s wanted out for a while?

Where's that coming from? Hopefully still not those comments from him that were taken completely out of context by the media at a fans forum over a year ago...

If he wanted out I doubt he'd have been willing to pay someone of Monk's reputation/experience what he's likely on if he could have just given a lower ranked manager a shot and saved a bunch of money at the same time.

Tbh...I don't really give a f*ck. 

It was on the cards the moment the EFL decided to open up an investigation into us, Derby and so forth. 

EFL's ability to govern the game has been called into quesiton and they are looking at ways to show they're not a soft touch. 

So genuine question if we are being done for this will Derby County and Villa also be getting the same treatment or will once again the EFL will ignore everyone else that has done the same and make an example out of us.

I also wait to see if Leeds goalkeeper also gets a 6 match ban in line with the same allegation that Forestieri got banned for earlier in the season. I won't hold my breathe on this one though.

11 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Wheres the statement on derby county then?

Its not the selling of the stadium, its that we sold it and then back dated the sale to cover the last FFP period. Derby did it on time and so the sale and the registration of the sale are at the same time. Unfortunately the date of the registration of the sale and the date we say we sold it don't match and would put us outside the date for the FFP period. Cant even bend the rules properly ffs. 

• Haha 4

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/club-statement/

Sheffield Wednesday note the statement issued today by the EFL and the charges contained within.

These charges will be vigorously defended and the Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Short but Scary

A85B20CF-6148-4531-A5EE-D22D778B9699-592-00000040C6BB2831.GIF

Edited by tarn owl
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So genuine question if we are being done for this will Derby County and Villa also be getting the same treatment or will once again the EFL will ignore everyone else that has done the same and make an example out of us.

I also wait to see if Leeds goalkeeper also gets a 6 match ban in line with the same allegation that Forestieri got banned for earlier in the season. I won't hold my breathe on this one though.

Derby sold there's "in time". Villa are not in the EFL

7 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Where's that coming from? Hopefully still not those comments from him that were taken completely out of context by the media at a fans forum over a year ago...

If he wanted out I doubt he'd have been willing to pay someone of Monk's reputation/experience what he's likely on if he could have just given a lower ranked manager a shot and saved a bunch of money at the same time.

Just think he’s generally fed up with the hassle he’s got/getting from various quarters not least the EFL who arguably haven’t been consistent in how they govern clubs under their jurisdiction?

His appearance and demeanour at the press conference to unveil Monk was of a man who wanted to be somewhere else TBH?

Edited by Great Big Galaa