EFL Statement

Guest Kameron
10 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Surely it'd need to be evidenced he's actually put the cash in specifically in relation to the stadium sale.

It will be evidenced but he won't physically pay the £60 million.

8 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Buck stops with DC. With all his money and the best will in the world not being enough. 

Most of the things that have gone wrong in the last 5 years are a result of him not putting the right people in the right places at our club. 

Noone has it in for Wednesday, this is a result of mismanagement. 

Agree 100% - run by amateurs!

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Sympathetic to your opinion but far too much evidence to suggest the contrary. 

Very easy to play the victim card though isn't it in today's world. On the contrary I'd argue that all the evidence suggests that DC can't do these things on his own and or has the wrong people in place leading to being found wanting by most of the governing bodies. 

My thoughts on this are that firstly, we're right to get investigated. Like everybody else on here I'm no expert but it appears to have been such an obviously shady act to try to get round the rules which doesn't appear to have paid off.

Second, if trying to stop clubs going under, why allow them to lose 13m every year or 39m every 3 years? Who can afford that long term if sustainability is what they're after?

Third, this can be easily solved by the efl having a holding account for all clubs which equals the same as their debt level. That way if any owner screwed the club into the ground, they'd have already paid into the scheme to bale themselves out!  That would allow clubs with wealthy owners to spend and protect others from going under.

Right or wrong, money is simply dictating this sport to a point it’s killing it.

owner comes in, wants to build a legacy and a bit or money. He may have been sloppy but my god can anyone say he has done anything to hurt the fans for his own benefit. 

Everyone saying season is over, what really scares me is it could be the next 3 seasons over. Any transfer ban and we are staring down the barrel with our ageing thin squad.

DC may have gone about it all wrong, but the way the finance of football is run, being a Wednesday fan is going to be pretty low of excitement for the next few years, purely because we had an ambitious chairman