Sit a few games out Westwood

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood has cost us two cheap goals today. If that was Dawson, the lad would be getting mullered. 

Typical Wednesdayites, blind faith to a player who has underperformed this season. 

They have their favourites even if they are playing poorly . You must have a ‘very short memory’. either that or you would prefer your team to stop gifting teams goals every week . Not sure 

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Sensible and accurate post . Spot on .

Thanks bud. 

I try to be fair and objective, but I'm also not sentimental when it comes to players,though some people tend to let their love of certain players cloud their judgement for either good or bad. 

I'm sure someone blamed fox earlier for giving the corner away. 

The glaring fact though is as a whole these players are just NOT!!! Mentally capable of winning promotion, they panic, heads go down or go into their shells too, not enough strenght of character across the board, we have a weak spine. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thanks bud. 

I try to be fair and objective, but I'm also not sentimental when it comes to players,though some people tend to let their love of certain players cloud their judgement for either good or bad. 

I'm sure someone blamed fox earlier for giving the corner away. 

The glaring fact though is as a whole these players are just NOT!!! Mentally capable of winning promotion, they panic, heads go down or go into their shells too, not enough strenght of character across the board, we have a weak spine. 

Thing is, we managed to get top 6 in 2016 and 2017 despite these frailties. And it wasn’t all easy.. in 2016 we managed to beat Brighton over two legs and absorbed loads of pressure in the second game. Then would say the Hull game we were outplayed rather than bottling anything. 2017 we looked like we weren’t making the playoffs at one stage then strung 6 wins together whilst under pressure from Fulham. The Huddersfield game was a bottle but I had that down as more of a tactical mistake by not attacking them then because we fluffed our lines.

The main difference between now and then is that we used to score more goals when playing well. Today we had plenty of chances but just don’t score them early on. So that leads to tight games where these things show up more when you’re holding on. We need to be more clinical so that games are more comfortable 

19 minutes ago, victorturner said:

JL maybe had a few things right despite fans not taking to him and playing too many young players to test them

He got the Westwood situation spot on, 95% of the fan base wanted Dawson out of the sticks knowing he clearly wasn’t a championship goalkeeper. Westwood came in and miraculously we started to keep clean sheets.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

It’s not Westwood’s fault that everyone loses their sh*t near the end of games 

Exactly this, why am I not seeing any yellow or red cards to our players before it gets to 2-2 in 90+4, 2 minutes after we've just clinched what seemingly could be 3 strong points. Too stand offish, too passive, not digging in and getting up in their faces when they got the ball. Should never have been allowed near our goal in those last 2 minutes, same with that Blackburn game a week ago, and that god awful Derby game waaay back in 2000.

I’m Westwood’s biggest fan but he does deserve to be dropped. I’ve lost count of the amount of mistakes he’s made this season. He’s been very dependable over the years but right now he has got a mistake in him, he’s not commanding his area and his distribution is worse than normal. 

1 hour ago, Andy30 said:

Ffs , saved us against Blackburn and Leeds cost us one today. He’s guna get us more points then he will lose. Team played well today so unlucky just needed ball to drop 

Saved us against Blackburn?

first goal was his fault. In no mans land

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

two corners; played into the six yard box should always be the keepers - he'll be disappointed at both goals.

The 1st corner shouldn't have been conceded that was Westwood's fault, not sure about the 2nd one until I see it again. 

1 hour ago, Dylan93 said:

What a moby.

He’s gained us more points than most of our strikers. That save before their second was world class. We all make mistakes. Onto the next game.

May as well of not saved it if he was going to come and not get near it for the equaliser 

Edited by sheffwed1

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m Westwood’s biggest fan but he does deserve to be dropped. I’ve lost count of the amount of mistakes he’s made this season. He’s been very dependable over the years but right now he has got a mistake in him, he’s not commanding his area and his distribution is worse than normal. 

Just out of interest how old are you? According to nhs.com most five year olds can count to 100. If you lost count of the amount of mistakes  Westwood has made this season then maybe you shouldn’t be on this site without mummy’s permission 

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Just out of interest how old are you? According to nhs.com most five year olds can count to 100. If you lost count of the amount of mistakes  Westwood has made this season then maybe you shouldn’t be on this site without mummy’s permission 

Grow up!

1 hour ago, SquirrelSlingshot said:

Millwall also.

And Luton, fortunately it didn't cost us a goal

People on this thread talking like he made 1 mistake today. There were 3

The first was his fault although the defender (not sure who) had time to clear but waited for the ball to drop.

Sat at the Leppings Lane end of the South Stand. Amazing save prior to the corner and was fouled clearly for the equaliser. However Dawson must be pushing. Been flawless when he's played this season...