Hodge

Pressman

Springett

Westwood

Turner (Ian)

Carson

Camp

Without even spending too long wondering if I’ve missed any

You got to be joking. I presume you are on about Ron Springett and that was before my time. Pressman is the only one that could get anywhere near Woods and 2 of those weren't even our keepers they were on loan.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Ian said:

Add

Kirkland

Bywater

Weaver

Crossley

Lucas

to my list

And Camp should have said Grant

Wow, you got to be kidding me. Suppose it's all about opinions so respect on that front.

49 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Woods was a good keeper in his prime but  imo his best days were before he joined us ...  not as bad as some are claiming but he did have a mistake in him and no surprise when he lost his place here and couldn't win it back   .

You mean forest which was probably in his prime. I can only judge on when I saw him play for wednesday. Not the worst goalkeeper wev'e ever had but nowhere near the best either, average would be putting him in a good light.

He's made more mistakes than usual this season, but he's still a very good goalkeeper.

We've just been lucky that's he's been so good for so long now, we're not used to an error.

Look at the top keepers in the Premier League, they all go through patches and all make mistakes. De Gea went through a spell last season, Lloris this season. It happens.

When he starts letting in long range shots and not getting down to the low shots fast enough, that's when you'll know hes past it, but for now he's just fine. Class keeper, make the most of him while you can.

We also can't just get rid of all the big characters at the club, we'll be left with such a generic passionless squad. Westwood brings alot more to the club than he goalkeeping ability. He's a leader, he cares about the club and really has a connection to the fans. 

Edited by Mr Hooper
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Two mistakes, two saves I don't think Cammy would have made, it works out all the same really and it was only last game he was the MOM in my opinion. I cant get behind all this negativity regarding Westwood. 

No it doesn't...he gets paid to make the saves not drop clangers that cost us the win and not for the 1st time this season . 

His first mistake I thought was that he had just had an altercation with Fox, Fox had to head over because  he didn’t get a shout from Westwood ,Then Westwood began to savage him verbally Fox turned away and had a word with Bannan and Bannan in-turn gave West wood a blast ,this could only have been a few seconds before the first goal ,the afore mentioned altercation must stil have been playing on his mind resulting in the total fubar of an attempt to keep goal ,He really needs to keep his mind on his own game for me!

Edited by fatbloke
Missed a bit ,no he’s still the best Keeper we have stuck with him for now

On 09/11/2019 at 17:58, 0wl18 said:

Dawson wouldn’t be first choice for the vast majority of league 1 teams. Westwood is still very much one of the best goalkeepers in the league. A lot of fans have incredibly short memories.

everybody has their day, in football it's harder to see the end, as opposed to boxing where some nigh on nondescript smashes the 'great competitors' face in for him, and everyone calls for him to 'retire'.

westwood is capable of making a top class save, true, but he seems to have dropped more b****x this season than in his entire time with us put together. when he's lost it, that will be it, no one can go on forever.

monk will have an eye on the situation, and may think 'competition' introduced at Christmas might be good for the club, and the team.

20 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

At Blackburn he was good 

Although early on he parried a ball that was easy meat but made it look like the ball was radioactive , they all seem to do this these days though up n down the leagues ..

However yesterday different kettle of fish ..

He looked like he was drowning at corners 

It's obvious words have been had on the bullshìt timewasting ...he's speeded up that crappolla ..

My take is that the  18 yard area is his back yard 

And he should be the gaffer there ..

He wasnt yesterday for certain and our next games will be scrutinised in great detail on this weakness by forthcoming opponents that's as sure as eggs are eggs ..

Trouble is Dawsons just as weak in this area too!!!!..

it's been like this a long while ..

This is a weak area for us ...

I don't think in 'modern football' you can expect a keeper to be 'the gaffer of the 18 yard box', a good many weren't in decades gone by.

I think the 'radioactive' handling comes from the 'new' light ball moving around like a housefly.

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

You mean forest which was probably in his prime. I can only judge on when I saw him play for wednesday. Not the worst goalkeeper wev'e ever had but nowhere near the best either, average would be putting him in a good light.

I could write something about pinching caps.

never secure as an england keeper.

hoped for better for wednesday, I though we bought a name, not a 'worthy reputation'.

everybody to draw their own conclusion on the matter.

12 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I don't think in 'modern football' you can expect a keeper to be 'the gaffer of the 18 yard box', a good many weren't in decades gone by.

I think the 'radioactive' handling comes from the 'new' light ball moving around like a housefly.

I reckon we go with @Ian 's Auntie next game then ...

She will boss the 18 yard box and swat that pesky housefly back handed ......

lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Norwich. He never played a league game for Forest.

17 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

He won the league cup with forest having played every round and the final. He was second goalkeeper behind the fantastic Shilton at the time. I agree he was good at Norwich too.

It wasn't his prime though, he was only a kid and never played a league game for them. Only played in the cup that year because Shilton was cup tied. 

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It wasn't his prime though, he was only a kid and never played a league game for them. Only played in the cup that year because Shilton was cup tied. 

He was a far better goalkeeper in his younger days. He was kept out by Shilton who was one of if not the best at the time. 

I don't know how people can critisise when he made two excellent saves during the same match. Those two errors are so rare it's crazy they happened in the same game.

If he starts making a habit of them then of course we should give him time out of the team. But based on one poor game is ludicrous. Dawson will get his chance in time.

• Thanks 1