Sit a few games out Westwood

6 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

He's made more mistakes than usual this season, but he's still a very good goalkeeper.

We've just been lucky that's he's been so good for so long now, we're not used to an error.

Look at the top keepers in the Premier League, they all go through patches and all make mistakes. De Gea went through a spell last season, Lloris this season. It happens.

When he starts letting in long range shots and not getting down to the low shots fast enough, that's when you'll know hes past it, but for now he's just fine. Class keeper, make the most of him while you can.

We also can't just get rid of all the big characters at the club, we'll be left with such a generic passionless squad. Westwood brings alot more to the club than he goalkeeping ability. He's a leader, he cares about the club and really has a connection to the fans. 

Fully agree.

14 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I don't know how people can critisise when he made two excellent saves during the same match. Those two errors are so rare it's crazy they happened in the same game.

If he starts making a habit of them then of course we should give him time out of the team. But based on one poor game is ludicrous. Dawson will get his chance in time.

but the errors arnt rare hes been accountable for 5 goals of the 13 that's gone past him …...anyone can make errors  but when you have a string of them that's costing the club points then summats got to change …... 

9 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

I don't know how people can critisise when he made two excellent saves during the same match. Those two errors are so rare it's crazy they happened in the same game.

If he starts making a habit of them then of course we should give him time out of the team. But based on one poor game is ludicrous. Dawson will get his chance in time.

I wouldn’t say reading , milwall , Fulham ,  Blackburn and Swansea twice is rare. I’d say the guy has become a liability. What do you consider a habit? 

On 11/11/2019 at 17:13, torryowl said:

No it doesn't...he gets paid to make the saves not drop clangers that cost us the win and not for the 1st time this season . 

It realy does - if you accept Cammy wouldn't have made the saves and wouldn't have made the clangers either then him being in instead makes no difference to the result. 

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

It realy does - if you accept Cammy wouldn't have made the saves and wouldn't have made the clangers either then him being in instead makes no difference to the result. 

OK... I don't accept he wouldn't have made those saves. He's made numerous lighting reaction stops like that before.

On 11/11/2019 at 22:43, swfc-dan said:

I'd advise looking at our defenders inability to protect the keeper after the Swansea match. And at their alertness about appealing for fouls on the keeper. We are far too gentlemanly for today's tactics. For the first goal, the Sky highlights clearly show a Swansea player backing into Westwood with back and backside, finishing on the ground. For the second one, no Wednesday defender looks close to heading that ball away and Westwood finishes up on the ground after being surrounded by bodies jumping right next to him. Clearing with a header , i e  heading the ball back towards the direction it had come from, should not have been difficult.