The Rain

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Forget the National TV and Weather Forecasts.I live on he outskirts of Buxton, nothing but hills and dales, and frequent rain. If I want to know wether it's raining or not, I look outside.It may be p****ng it down in Bakewell, but sun shining like billy-=oh here, and the temperatuire will be at least 3 degrees colder than Hillsborough. One advantage we do have is an excellent Weather website, which is ACCURATE. It also has readers who travel in and out of Buxton for their own reasons, and who send in up-to date road weather conditions. For instance, I can tell you that nearby Baslow is flooded, the river level at Matlock is above double its normal level, there s a flood on the A6 on the outskirts of Dove Holes (The next village on the A6 road to Manchester) and there is local flooding onnthe Hope-Hathersage road.- Buxton Weather or  mh@22mh.com. .

Buxton has so much rain they bottle it and sell it. 

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Buxton has so much rain they bottle it and sell it. 

Over last few years , average 41" The story of constant rainfall is a myth., however it can rain. The water we sell, and many people buy, is  actually spring water.. We have a well in the centre of Buxton,opposite the Crescent, which runs continually, has many people coming to fill bottles, containers etc for free. Personally, I have several empty Buxton Water bottles which I consistently with SevernTrent Water (paid for on meter)

And don't forget we 9or rather Nestle SELL it, you \BUY it.

17 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Over last few years , average 41" The story of constant rainfall is a myth., however it can rain. The water we sell, and many people buy, is  actually spring water.. We have a well in the centre of Buxton,opposite the Crescent, which runs continually, has many people coming to fill bottles, containers etc for free. Personally, I have several empty Buxton Water bottles which I consistently with SevernTrent Water (paid for on meter)

And don't forget we 9or rather Nestle SELL it, you \BUY it.

Sounds like you've been on the fire water.

1 minute ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I'm coming up the M1 from Midlands today, is it doable? The club are quite quiet about it all but I heard it's pretty bad near medowhall?

Id have a look at the road closures fella and plan your route accordingly.

Or see if any if the roads you usually use are closed as assess your options, nothing you cant get round with google maps. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I'm coming up the M1 from Midlands today, is it doable? The club are quite quiet about it all but I heard it's pretty bad near medowhall?

You shouldn't have any issues now mate. Parkway might be your best bet though.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I’ve driven up to my parents in Dronfield this morning. I came through Chesterfield with no major delays. Some road repairs on the A617. M1 was fine.