The Rain

Just been down myself, don't think it will breach there unless at LL bridge debris gets blocks it and it backs up. Police and assuming EA onsite monitoring

Despite what you think river levels won't get much higher and by this time tomorrow will be much closer to normal levels

Don @ Wharncliffe, actually come down a touch

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8323

Forecasted level for Lady's Bridge confirms levels won't rise much more. Definitely not enough to make me think the ground will get flooded again

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

2007 was 3 days of non stop heavy rain. This has been 1 day but it's forecast to ease overnight and stop in the morning, it's already less heavy than it was earlier.

We get these threads every time we have a big downpour now! And crap about Hillsborough being "prone" to flooding when its happened once in over 120 years. 

Go on a website based in sheffield it has all the stats live temp rain etc over last 18 years ,today we have had more rain than in the  2007 floods  in fact an inch more , but it did rain in 2007 for 36 hours where this will be about 27 hours .the ground before this rain also cant take anymore it was also similar in 2007 where we had the wettest month maybe in 100 years . I hope that it wont wreck the ground but this rain wont relent till maybe 1am . 

21 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just been down myself, don't think it will breach there unless at LL bridge debris gets blocks it and it backs up. Police and assuming EA onsite monitoring

Despite what you think river levels won't get much higher and by this time tomorrow will be much closer to normal levels

Don @ Wharncliffe, actually come down a touch

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8323

Forecasted level for Lady's Bridge confirms levels won't rise much more. Definitely not enough to make me think the ground will get flooded again

While you're down there Ash pick me up 20 Bensons a box of matches  and "Big Units monthly" **

**Its reserved in the name of Mycroft  ..

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Weatherman on Calendar has it stopping in the early hours. He talks to you as if you're 4 though, I don't trust him. See what cross eyed Keeley says on Look North. 

Looks north n south doesn't She ?