On 05/11/2019 at 11:14, Dizzys Dad said:

Hindsight’s wonderful isn’t it?  99% on here were delighted with us finally spending big money on a “STAR” when we signed him.

I like to look at the names of those who 'neg' posts like this one, and see if I can find them lodging 'fierce' objections at the time or near to his signing.

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Rhodes showed some good touches when he came on and I so wanted him to score, however watching him run there is no pace there have his legs gone.... 

like watching 'ryan lowe' do the very same, he was 'spent' too when we got him, but at least we didn't spend a fortune on him.

On 05/11/2019 at 10:45, Adam Reachs left peg said:

So with him scoring for the u23s yesterday seeing a lot of fans calling for him to be given another chance. For me I still believe he will be gone in January mainly due to his high wages and poor form. However if he was to be given a run and score a few maybe his confidence will come back and he could make all the difference, he's likely to score more than nuhiu and winnall, what are your opions fresh start or get rid? 

He might get a loan move but no-ones gonna pay a transfer fee in Jan. 

Never liked Rhodes, he's slow and weak and his composure and eye for goal has gone missing since his Middlesborough days. 

I'd sooner chuck me up front 

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Rhodes showed some good touches when he came on and I so wanted him to score, however watching him run there is no pace there have his legs gone.... 

there was one on the north side where the defender missed the ball. Rhodes was goal side of him running onto it and it was like he was running with led boots on. He just took one look at the guy catching him up and but the brakes on.

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

He might get a loan move but no-ones gonna pay a transfer fee in Jan. 

Never liked Rhodes, he's slow and weak and his composure and eye for goal has gone missing since his Middlesborough days. 

I'd sooner chuck me up front 

I didn't like him when he completely ragged us and scored 4 at hillsborough.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

there was one on the north side where the defender missed the ball. Rhodes was goal side of him running onto it and it was like he was running with led boots on. He just took one look at the guy catching him up and but the brakes on.

the defender beat him for pace 3 separate times on that occasion-he was on the floor at one point too.

He plays like he’s 10 years older than what he is 

2 hours ago, Mus said:

I admit I have been very critical of him but yesterday actually felt sorry for the lad.

He looked terrified when he came on which can't help his game at all, then one of the first things he does is give the ball away.

It just hasn't worked out for him and I agree he needs to find another club and a fresh start.

Don't feel sorry for him mate he gets paid very well to feel terrified on the pitch 

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Yeah was in on goal and just stopped once he looked across

People need to get off his back and get behind him bloke hardly gets a chance. Fair enough hes been poo but hes not had a chance at all this season so give him a break hes not going to get any better with people slating him at every given opportunity. You can see hes a nervous wreck, someone out of crowd shouted come on Jordan its your day today and he smiled it was like he needed that confidence boost.

On 06/11/2019 at 07:59, waddleisgod said:

I think it’s a mentality thing with Rhodes,  and it probably stems from when he refused (bottled it) to take a penalty against Huddersfield 

Probably a massive regret for him and wishes he could turn the clocks back.

He didn't take a penalty when Huddersfield played the Pigs in the play offs. It was nothing new. 

The biggest problem for any striker is there has been too much competition for places. Fletcher, Hooper, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes have been competing against each other for the best part of 3 years (albeit a couple loans). This never allowed for any consistency, never allowed two strikers to form a partnership. Not until Bruce came in did Fletcher really establish himself as our main striker. 

Even for the other players supplying the forwards it’s never helped that one week your pumping up to Fletcher or Nuhiu, another Hooper or Forestieri are dropping deep towards midfield, or even Rhodes and Winnall who both like to linger and attack crosses. It’s no surprise we’ve seen little consistency over the last 3/4 years with our front line because apart from Fletcher no ones really been allowed to

be the main stay upfront. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He didn't take a penalty when Huddersfield played the Pigs in the play offs. It was nothing new. 

He doesnt take penalties when it really matters. Not a good sign for a striker who has scored lots of goals from the spot. Perhaps he just likes to take them them winning 3-0