So with him scoring for the u23s yesterday seeing a lot of fans calling for him to be given another chance. For me I still believe he will be gone in January mainly due to his high wages and poor form. However if he was to be given a run and score a few maybe his confidence will come back and he could make all the difference, he's likely to score more than nuhiu and winnall, what are your opions fresh start or get rid? 

• Haha 1

Jack Stobbs used to score goals for the under 23's.

Rhodes just isn't the player he once was. He can't run, and for someone with 200+ goals to his name, he doesn't seem to be able to shoot, which is strange.

He's ran out of chances.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

Something very weird about Rhodes' situation. Been said this week that Norwich agreed fee and terms to sign him in summer, then DC blocked the move. All very bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Something very weird about Rhodes' situation. Been said this week that Norwich agreed fee and terms to sign him in summer, then DC blocked the move. All very bizarre. 

Wasn’t the offer derogatory though ? . Letting him go back to Norwich was by far the best option for all barring D.C. it seems . Shame that .

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Release him in January so he is free t find another club. Terrible business.

You can't release someone who is still under contract.

We'd have to either A. pay him off or B. find someone who will give him a contract worth more than the remaining 6 months here.

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Wasn’t the offer derogatory though ? . Letting him go back to Norwich was by far the best option for all barring D.C. it seems . Shame that .

Reports don't say what the fee was, but that it was 'agreed'. Don't think a derogatory fee would have been agreed. I suspect there's more to the whole saga than we'll ever hear. His comments about the dressing room alluded to problems, and I still don't know why his dad left sharpish the way he did. Then begs the question why he's become so fecking useless on the pitch. 

17 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Hindsight’s wonderful isn’t it?  99% on here were delighted with us finally spending big money on a “STAR” when we signed him.

very true mate....for me it was our first out and out 'proper' striker since hirsty and in true wednesday fashion fizzled out into a pile of poo.....:rolleyes:

Guest LondonOwl313

I’d give him one last go, but only if played alongside Fletcher and not on his own as we usually do. We won’t go up with the current lack of goals anyway so there’s nothing to lose. If he got one then maybe a few would follow. But almost certainly would release at the end of his contract

27 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

You can't release someone who is still under contract.

We'd have to either A. pay him off or B. find someone who will give him a contract worth more than the remaining 6 months here.

You can if you mutually agree it. He is then free to sign for another club, and I wouldn't bet against Norwich taking him.

Guest wilyfox
53 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Done. Has to be shipped in Jan, although I can't see anyone taking him and his wages, even if we give him away.

He'll be released at the end of the season.

In January he'll still have 18 months left. 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You can if you mutually agree it. He is then free to sign for another club, and I wouldn't bet against Norwich taking him.

What I find odd about it is that if he really is finished as a lot of us think, why do a premier league team want him. And it’s not just based on reputation either, they had him on loan and saw him train for 12 months. There’s something not right about it all, he’s only 29 too so it’s probably not a physical problem

I still think there’s some goals in him somewhere 

You don’t just lose the unbelievable strikers instinct that Rhodes has. It’s not like as he’s got older he’s lost pace for example.  He’s never relied on pace. Even 50 odd year old ex pro’s still know where the net is. 

I genuinely think it’s a mental health issue and it’s affected his confidence. If any of you have ever been affected by mental health it can drag you down. 

Just reading between the lines.

Really hope he can rekindle his form, just concerns me that he won’t. Would be a huge shame. Seems a great bloke and i feel for him.

Edited by Tudders
  • Haha 1