5 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Saw him before the game walking in and he looked a broken man. :sad:

Without knowing anything think he is mentally shot which is sad as a lively fella. 

Have you heard him speak? He has the personality of shipping container.  He was probably over the moon.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I don't buy into this bo**socks about how the game has changed, the nets are the same size, the methods of getting the ball over the line is no different and goal keepers are no better or worse than they have always been.

Sadly he has stopped doing everything he is good at and I don't know how you get him going again.

What I will say is there is a decent player in there somewhere, I thought Bruce was the man to get.him firing again but sadly he fecked off.

Could Monk be the man to get a tune out of him, I'm not sure but I bloody hope so.

Yeah, and some still believe the world is flat  How many poachers, or Rhodes type strikers are thriving in the top 2 divisions?

Guest LondonOwl313
28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, and some still believe the world is flat  How many poachers, or Rhodes type strikers are thriving in the top 2 divisions?

Aguero, Pukki, Ings.. Billy Sharp (last season), Nakhi Wells

Most of those are prolific poacher types.. some of them have a bit more to their game than that but they’re predominantly poachers

15 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Most of those are prolific poacher types.. some of them have a bit more to their game than that but they’re predominantly poachers

I think the key bit there is, some have more to their game Pretty much all those do, Aguero, Pukki and Ings, never stop running. 

Even Sharp, who was a similar player to Rhodes previously, has now reinvented himself, running the channels, and even dropping deep to link play The days of the poacher who does little else, are long gone, useful only as an option from the bench in the latter stages of the game In fact, the role that ALF, another favourite on here, used to perform for Reading.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

50 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

:duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What about Rhodes crossing the ball in yesterday. Rather than being in the box he found himself on the flank just next to Reach, he took the ball which Reach should have received then put a cross into where he should have been himself. This guy needs to get his finger out. 

Your living in the past.

Forwards these days work right across the front line creating space for others to fill.

22 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Your living in the past.

Forwards these days work right across the front line creating space for others to fill.

They do that if they're good at it like Harry Kane. He's not, I would prefer him to just stick to the things he used to be good at and try and get some of that back.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

They do that if they're good at it like Harry Kane. He's not, I would prefer him to just stick to the things he used to be good at and try and get some of that back.

Then he needs to look to the lower divisions, where those type of players still have a role

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Then he needs to look to the lower divisions, where those type of players still have a role

So he is completely out of form as a poaching striker and you think he should be trying to alter his game to become some all round dynamo? He needs to get his basic game back before anything else

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So he is completely out of form as a poaching striker and you think he should be trying to alter his game to become some all round dynamo? He needs to get his basic game back before anything else

Yes, Billy Sharp did so

Edited by gurujuan

I admit I have been very critical of him but yesterday actually felt sorry for the lad.

He looked terrified when he came on which can't help his game at all, then one of the first things he does is give the ball away.

It just hasn't worked out for him and I agree he needs to find another club and a fresh start.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, Billy Sharp did so

Do you think Rhodes is anywhere near the level Billy Sharp has been at the last few seasons?

I can't remember Billy Sharp losing his bread and butter skills at any point being so far off it as what Rhodes is.

You are in a dreamland if you think that Rhodes could possibly change his game for the better right now

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Do you think Rhodes is anywhere near the level Billy Sharp has been at the last few seasons?

I can't remember Billy Sharp losing his bread and butter skills at any point being so far off it as what Rhodes is.

You are in a dreamland if you think that Rhodes could possibly change his game for the better right now

I don’t think he can, that’s why he needs to drop down to the lower leagues