6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Something very weird about Rhodes' situation. Been said this week that Norwich agreed fee and terms to sign him in summer, then DC blocked the move. All very bizarre. 

Really!  you must have some very inside knowledge to know this...or are you just talking through your jacksie?

1 hour ago, the monk said:

You said you genuinely believe it's a mental health issue , so what draws you to that genuine belief bearing in mind there are a million and one other ailments it could be ?

It may be just down to not being good enough or lack of desire,  not as dramatic as your diagnosis but I'm no doctor 

In my opinion (purely as currently a watcher of football and previously as a player that got paid for playing in England and abroad, albeit briefly and certainly not earning much, and certainly not being a medical professional) I do genuinely believe that it’s down to a huge lack of confidence and self belief. *Note:I did not say that I KNOW it’s mental health related, but I genuinely think it’s a possibility*

Jordan Rhodes 5 years ago was one of the most natural finishers in the English leagues.

Hence the huge amounts of money that were paid to acquire his services.

To go from that level, to the way he has performed since he joined SWFC-in my layman’s opinion- points towards it being a confidence issue. If it was a nagging injury etc then surely that would have been reported by the club. I’ve not heard anything myself?

In my opinion, a footballer does not lose the exceptional ability that he had/has for no apparent reason. There has been no major injury, he’s still in his 20s?  

Am I ok to believe that it is? Or do you want to tell me what to believe in? 

If Rhodes never plays to the levels that he attained previously-and if it is mental health related-I sincerely hope he overcomes it, as he seems a genuinely kind hearted bloke.

Edited by Tudders

3 minutes ago, Tudders said:

In my opinion (purely as currently a watcher of football and previously as a player that got paid for playing in England and abroad, albeit briefly and certainly not earning much, and certainly not being a medical professional) I do genuinely believe that it’s down to a huge lack of confidence and self belief. *Note:I did not say that I KNOW it’s mental health related, but I genuinely think it’s a possibility*

Jordan Rhodes 5 years ago was one of the most natural finishers in the English leagues.

Hence the huge amounts of money that were paid to acquire his services.

To go from that level, to the way he has performed since he joined SWFC-in my layman’s opinion- points towards it being a confidence issue.

In my opinion, a footballer does not lose the exceptional ability that he had/has for no apparent reason. There has been no major injury, he’s still in his 20s?  

Am I ok to believe that it is? Or do you want to tell me what to believe in? 

If Rhodes never plays to the levels that he attained previously-and if it is mental health related-I sincerely hope he overcomes it, as he seems a genuinely kind hearted bloke.

I think there’s a bit of that, but in my opinion, the biggest single factor is, simply the game has moved on There are hardly any of those type of strikers having success in the top two divisions The, so called poacher, is a thing of the past at this level, with much more required from a modern forward

59 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

At the moment, stick with Fletcher, Harris and Reach Yes it’s pretty crap goals wise, but it’s kept us in the top 10 so far Quite frankly, if we could, I’d change all three, but it might take a couple of windows to do that

You've jumped the shark.. surpassed your worst post ever..deary me..

Just now, gurujuan said:

What, you think they’re a great front three?

Just now, gurujuan said:

What, you think they’re a great front three?

Fletcher is in top form.. Reach needs a position instead of being an everyman and Harris has defenders on toast plus a good cross..

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Fletcher is in top form.. Reach needs a position instead of being an everyman and Harris has defenders on toast plus a good cross..

Their stats indicate that might not be the case, Fletcher 5 goals, Harris 2 and Reach just the one goal That’s poor for a promotion seeking attack, probably one of the worst in the division We need to change it

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

At the moment, stick with Fletcher, Harris and Reach Yes it’s pretty crap goals wise, but it’s kept us in the top 10 so far Quite frankly, if we could, I’d change all three, but it might take a couple of windows to do that

Clearly I did

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think there’s a bit of that, but in my opinion, the biggest single factor is, simply the game has moved on There are hardly any of those type of strikers having success in the top two divisions The, so called poacher, is a thing of the past at this level, with much more required from a modern forward

It’s a possibility mate and a potential factor.

I’ve seen Rhodes get chances at Hillsborough that he would have buried before he joined us, balls into the box, free headers etc that no matter how the game has evolved generally, still needs the same size ball, putting into the same size goal, from a distance that he has scored from countless times.  That’s why I think it must be a confidence issue. 

Edited by Tudders

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Him alongside Fletcher would give us the slowest pairing in the league No thanks

Whichever 2 you play together  out of the four we have, will still end up being the slowest pairing in the league!

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Would be madness to put Rhodes back in the mix He’s shown no signs that he might be the answer to our goalscoring issues

It's not like we are awash with goal scoring options.

If you can get a tune out of him he remains our biggest goal scoring threat and amongst the best strikers in this league.

We are paying him a fortune to sit at home, may as well try and get him scoring again for the good our other striking options are.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If you can get a tune out of him he remains our biggest goal scoring threat and amongst the best strikers in this league.

We are paying him a fortune to sit at home, may as well try and get him scoring again for the good our other striking options are.

Yeah, I understand all that, but I’m not confident that he’d improve our goals output, and as he doesn’t contribute anything else, he’d upset the balance of the side. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, I understand all that, but I’m not confident that he’d improve our goals output, and as he doesn’t contribute anything else, he’d upset the balance of the side. 

Other than Fletcher none of our other strikers increase our goals output, Rhoades can do no worse, if you can get him to turn  him round then its win win.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Agree with this.. if we're playing 2 strikers it has to be Fletcher plus one other. And we have 3 others in Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhui. Nuhui isn't going to score many. So we only have two other options (FF is a wide midfielder not a striker). Think it shows we need a new striker but might as well try and get something out of what we have. So far him and Winnall have been a waste of money