On 05/11/2019 at 17:35, Hougoumont said:

Really!  you must have some very inside knowledge to know this...or are you just talking through your jacksie?

tbf thought it was common knowledge at the time I was very surprised it didn't go through given the financial situ

4 hours ago, Minton said:

Neymar's 2017 move for £200m to PSG is only £202m, so that's only 1% increase in that short time. Rhodes would come in around the £9.5m mark. As I said, we paid roughly the same fee for Rhodes that West Ham paid for Hugill. Going rate for a decent striker with a history of scoring goals. Again, I'm not saying that he hasn't been expensive in hindsight, but at the time it was just about reasonable for a man *expected* to score 20+ goals a season.

I wouldn’t have signed Hugill for that sort of money either Ask West Ham fans what they thought of his signing 

Take your point about what similar strikers were going for though, it’s just that those particular players were horrendous 

buys for their clubs In truth, both are better suited to the league below the one in which they were supposed to play. 

Jordan Rhodes has never looked anything more than a league one striker in recent times

I hope Rhodes stays clear of Owlstalk, well actually, I hope every player does for their own mental health. 

Heard a whisper Arsenal players watch Arsenal TV, when they get trounced every week by they're own fans. It sets a negative cycle they cant escape, no wonder Xhaka lost his head and Arsenal are under achieving.