Player of the Month

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ll be honest I don’t rate Fox. I look at his whole time here rather than arguably improved form since January of this year. He’s had a good week and I’ll hold my hand up and appreciate this but as has been said Iorfa has been immense this month. This award smacks of an apology for all the stick he’s had. If come the end of the season fans are still blowing smoke up his ar$e for continued good form then fair enough :biggrin:

Good , he deserves it for that fact alone . The pelt he’s had is pathetic. He’s never been as many make out. 

I’ll be honest I don’t rate Fox. I look at his whole time here rather than arguably improved form since January of this year. He’s had a good week and I’ll hold my hand up and appreciate this but as has been said Iorfa has been immense this month. This award smacks of an apology for all the stick he’s had. If come the end of the season fans are still blowing smoke up his ar$e for continued good form then fair enough :biggrin:

wasn’t quick enough... 

fox only played in 3 of 6 games as only played Cardiff, Stoke and Leeds. Of the three he only scored well in last two. Boerner was highest rated in early games, Iorfa fairly high in most. 

I voted Fox but I was wrong... short term memory syndrome had me revelling in his last two outings and forgetting he’d not even played half the games.

• Thanks 1

Still don't rate Fox, I certainly would never boo one of our players by the way. But he's just not a championship footballer, take the Leeds game, we were lucky he didn't conceed a penalty when Westwood saved from Bamford, Fox blatantly had a hand full of Bamfords shirt then stood and watched Bamford have a free header, it was just plain lazy and he could have easily cost us the game! VAR would have given the pen. It may come across as a Fox bashing post, but I'm just trying to offer balance to the love in. Granted he has improved under both Bruce and Monk, but I think he's peaked. I voted Iorfa for what it's worth, but Börner could easily have had it too.

10 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

wasn’t quick enough... 

fox only played in 3 of 6 games as only played Cardiff, Stoke and Leeds. Of the three he only scored well in last two. Boerner was highest rated in early games, Iorfa fairly high in most. 

I voted Fox but I was wrong... short term memory syndrome had me revelling in his last two outings and forgetting he’d not even played half the games.

It never ceases to amaze me how precious some are on here. Opinions are opinions. I have mine, you disagree with it. You have yours, I disagree with it. There will be some who agree with you, there will be some who agree with me. I don’t have a desire to be proven right, I might well be wrong. I have been many times before and will be again. You’re probably right all the time and therefore I bow down to your greater knowledge :laugh:

I often wonder how many championship games a player needs to play before better informed fans stop saying ‘just not a championship player’, ‘never been a championship player’ etc.

I mean playing almost 150 games in a league seems quite a few for me? 

9B58F825-1FBD-48CA-B38B-9C81B487341E.png

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I often wonder how many championship games a player needs to play before better informed fans stop saying ‘just not a championship player’, ‘never been a championship player’ etc.

You rate Fox. I get it. Next thing you’ll be telling me is he’s better than Roberto Carlos :cool:

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It never ceases to amaze me how precious some are on here. Opinions are opinions. I have mine, you disagree with it. You have yours, I disagree with it. There will be some who agree with you, there will be some who agree with me. I don’t have a desire to be proven right, I might well be wrong. I have been many times before and will be again. You’re probably right all the time and therefore I bow down to your greater knowledge :laugh:

bit confused here, I’ve just posted saying Fox probably shouldn’t have won PoM as had only had two good games of six and only played in three of the six. 

Unless you’re opinion is Fox should have won it (which I’m fairly certain it wasn’t) then I’m agreeing with you that Iorfa had contributed more across all six as was only player playing all six with a consistently high rating. 

Or maybe you are bowing down to my agreeing with you and your superior knowledge! 

• Haha 1

Ok but I'm glad you're not my boss. These things are much more about man-management then blowing smoke up someone's ar$e.

• Haha 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

bit confused here, I’ve just posted saying Fox probably shouldn’t have won PoM as had only had two good games of six and only played in three of the six. 

Unless you’re opinion is Fox should have won it (which I’m fairly certain it wasn’t) then I’m agreeing with you that Iorfa had contributed more across all six as was only player playing all six with a consistently high rating. 

Or maybe you are bowing down to my agreeing with you and your superior knowledge! 

Me? Superior knowledge? Never. 

TBH I didn’t read your post properly for that I apologise. The point I was initially making is I thought Iorfa should’ve won and Fox may have got it as much as a sorry/sympathy vote as for how well he’s played which I admit he has. Against Cardiff he probably played his best game for us.

Come the end of the season we might well be having a different conversation and I hope we are because it will mean Fox has had an excellent season and we are probably nearer to where we want to be as a team and as a club?

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

wasn’t quick enough... 

i think it's quite clear the vote wasn't for best player this month

16 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I could play 150 games in the Championship, I still wouldn't be a championship player. Top and bottom is he's the only left back at the club, I support him on and off the pitch, doesn't mean I have to rate him. He needs replacing to improve the team.

Just now, Maltby owl83 said:

I could play 150 games in the Championship, I still wouldn't be a championship player. Top and bottom is he's the only left back at the club, I support him on and off the pitch, doesn't mean I have to rate him. He needs replacing to improve the team.

I mean I’m not entirely sure if your footballing skills or your financial situation but IF you really COULD play 150 games in the championship I’m guessing you WOULD have and I’m guessing you’d be a much wealthier person if you had.

By the fact you haven’t, I’m guessing you couldn’t and therefore you arn’t a championship player, unlike Fox. 

• Haha 3