Player of the Month

5 minutes ago, torres said:

i think it's quite clear the vote wasn't for best player this month

Not necessarily. Depends how you view "best". Clearly many of us have differing views on that and voted accordingly. That can happen when it's not adequately spelt out what you are being asked to vote on, apparently...

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You would.

:ghoulguy:

You're splitting hairs:biggrin: I'm talking abilities and standards. Like I say I've not got an issue with the lad per say, other than we need better, at the minute it's impossible so he will continue to get my support. 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I mean I’m not entirely sure if your footballing skills or your financial situation but IF you really COULD play 150 games in the championship I’m guessing you WOULD have and I’m guessing you’d be a much wealthier person if you had.

By the fact you haven’t, I’m guessing you couldn’t and therefore you arn’t a championship player, unlike Fox. 

Do you think Morgan Fox is a good enough left back for the club's and fans aspirations?  

1 minute ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Do you think Morgan Fox is a good enough left back for the club's and fans aspirations?  

That’s not the conversation; you said he’s not a championship player. I pointed out he’s played 149 games in the championship and by definition clearly is a championship player. 

You then stated you could play 150 championship games. I said you couldn’t or you would have. 

If you’d have said  ‘I don’t think Fox is good enough’ or something to that effect then fine, your opinion, you’re welcome to it. But if you’re spouting nonsense that’s disproved in seconds that’s not fine. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

You're splitting hairs:biggrin: I'm talking abilities and standards. Like I say I've not got an issue with the lad per say, other than we need better, at the minute it's impossible so he will continue to get my support. 

If you didn’t have the abilities or standard you wouldn’t play 150 games...

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

That’s not the conversation; you said he’s not a championship player. I pointed out he’s played 149 games in the championship and by definition clearly is a championship player. 

You then stated you could play 150 championship games. I said you couldn’t or you would have. 

If you’d have said  ‘I don’t think Fox is good enough’ or something to that effect then fine, your opinion, you’re welcome to it. But if you’re spouting nonsense that’s disproved in seconds that’s not fine. 

Ok, I'd like to think both you and I were intelligent enough to know, that I didn't make that statement in the literal sense, however i shall explain it for you. Clearly Fox plays in the Championship, therefore IS a championship player, that's the obvious bit (or so I thought?) now my point of view, like many others is that the guy really isnt that great a player and and would be more suited and comfortable playing for a league 1 Club. Now I'm not slagging the bloke week in week out and I certainly would never boo him, but I agree he has improved, great! But in my humble oppinion he is not good enough for where we want to go and needs replacing. Rotherham United had a team full of "Championship players" last season, look what happened to them!

I hope that clears things up for you WTF:

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

If you didn’t have the abilities or standard you wouldn’t play 150 games...

Ok you're happy with Fox and think we don't need better in that position, that's great. I on the other hand don't rate him and think we need better. Opinions are great.

Congratulations to Morgan Fox.

I would say it’s a bit like the Palmer POTM award where he probably hasn’t been the best player (Iorfa and Börner have been better) but he’s certainly improved the most.

It’s a bit of a ‘most improved POTM’, which I don’t have an issue of being recognized tbh

6 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Ok, I'd like to think both you and I were intelligent enough to know, that I didn't make that statement in the literal sense, however i shall explain it for you. Clearly Fox plays in the Championship, therefore IS a championship player, that's the obvious bit (or so I thought?) now my point of view, like many others is that the guy really isnt that great a player and and would be more suited and comfortable playing for a league 1 Club. Now I'm not slagging the bloke week in week out and I certainly would never boo him, but I agree he has improved, great! But in my humble oppinion he is not good enough for where we want to go and needs replacing. Rotherham United had a team full of "Championship players" last season, look what happened to them!

I hope that clears things up for you WTF:

How many games in league one has he played? 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

How many games in league one has he played? 

Great question......... Don't know. 

Look people like him, great, I'm not keen. He's done ok in the 3 recent games he's played. I don't get why you're so disgruntled about my opinion, I never abuse him, never boo him, applaud when he does well, criticise when he does poorly, same as all the other players we have. What's the issue?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He’s playing in a team in the play off positions , so I’d say yeah . 

Thats great! My opinion is he's played ok/well in the last 3 games, bearing in mind he's our only natural LB, and nearly gets picked tells you much more I'd say. But the position is now his to lose, I hope he continues to improve, it can only be good for us as a team.

9 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Great question......... Don't know. 

Look people like him, great, I'm not keen. He's done ok in the 3 recent games he's played. I don't get why you're so disgruntled about my opinion, I never abuse him, never boo him, applaud when he does well, criticise when he does poorly, same as all the other players we have. What's the issue?

Is this about Fox?

Championship:

149 games, 2 goals, 11 assists

League One:

31 games, 1 goal, 3 assists