Player of the Month

35% of fans who voted went for Fox. Why they voted that way is irrelevant, he won it.  I didn't vote for him but he was a worthy winner and I congratulate him wholeheartedly.

Well done Morgan Fox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think people are glossing over one of the greatest arguments I've ever seen on Owlstalk, a man saying if he had played 150 games in the championship that wouldn't mean he's a championship player lol

Here Ellis, I'll post it again for you, pay attention. :biggrin:I'd like to think both you and I were intelligent enough to know, that I didn't make that statement in the literal sense, however i shall explain it for you. Clearly Fox plays in the Championship, therefore IS a championship player, that's the obvious bit (or so I thought?) now my point of view, like many others is that the guy really isnt that great a player and and would be more suited and comfortable playing for a league 1 Club. Now I'm not slagging the bloke week in week out and I certainly would never boo him, but I agree he has improved, great! But in my humble oppinion he is not good enough for where we want to go and needs replacing. Rotherham United had a team full of "Championship players" last season, look what happened to them!

I hope that clears things up for you 

7 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Great question......... Don't know. 

Look people like him, great, I'm not keen. He's done ok in the 3 recent games he's played. I don't get why you're so disgruntled about my opinion, I never abuse him, never boo him, applaud when he does well, criticise when he does poorly, same as all the other players we have. What's the issue?

You just keep saying things that are a bit odd and based on nothing, the latest saying he’d be more suited to league one.

Now I don’t know if he’s ever played in league one and assumed as you suggested it that you’d have some evidence, facts, inside knowledge to back up that claim. 

But I guess not. 

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

35% of fans who voted went for Fox. Why they voted that way is irrelevant, he won it.  I didn't vote for him but he was a worthy winner and I congratulate him wholeheartedly.

Well done Morgan Fox.

Fast forward a month

We are pleased to announce Jordan Rhodes wins player of the month for November 

Despite Fletcher scoring 15 goals in this period, Jordan's cat hasn't been in the best health and the we hope this cheers him up 

Edited by torres
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, torres said:

Fast forward a month

We are pleased to announce Jordan Rhodes wins player of the month for November 

Despite Fletcher scoring 15 goals in this period, Jordan's cat hasn't been in the best health and the we hope this cheers him up 

Sorry mate but I hope that's a whooosh. Because otherwise it's a bit of a childish post.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

You just keep saying things that are a bit odd and based on nothing, the latest saying he’d be more suited to league one.

Now I don’t know if he’s ever played in league one and assumed as you suggested it that you’d have some evidence, facts, inside knowledge to back up that claim. 

But I guess not. 

Lets leave it, youre being pedantic for the sake of it. You know full well what I'm saying, but you're nit picking to support your view. Top and bottom is, I've got a different opinion to you and you don't like it for some reason. I've never said a bad word about the bloke, I'd even go as far as to say he's put in a lot of effort in his time here, but I've simply said I don't think he's good enough. Are you trying to convince me otherwise? Does it mean that much to you that I don't rate him? Bizzare

2 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

Sorry mate but I hope that's a whooosh. Because otherwise it's a bit of a childish post.

Is his cat really poorly? 

Sorry i was only joking!

I am always the last to hear these thing and end up putting my foot in it.

Apologies to Mr Rhodes, his family and anyone offended 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Here Ellis, I'll post it again for you, pay attention. :biggrin:I'd like to think both you and I were intelligent enough to know, that I didn't make that statement in the literal sense, however i shall explain it for you. Clearly Fox plays in the Championship, therefore IS a championship player, that's the obvious bit (or so I thought?) now my point of view, like many others is that the guy really isnt that great a player and and would be more suited and comfortable playing for a league 1 Club. Now I'm not slagging the bloke week in week out and I certainly would never boo him, but I agree he has improved, great! But in my humble oppinion he is not good enough for where we want to go and needs replacing. Rotherham United had a team full of "Championship players" last season, look what happened to them!

I hope that clears things up for you 

But he's just won player of the month and is starting to prove himself as being competent for us. If he keeps the form he's showed over the last month then we would have to regard him as one of our better players. You don't win player of the month if you're playing badly at the end of the day.

Also of course if he were in league one he would be more comfortable, so would Ronaldo. However as it stands if we were to sell Fox I am sure it would be to another championship team.

45 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

You've lost me. 

How can you get so confused. 

Someone asked you ‘how many games in league one has he played’

You said ‘great question...don’t know’ 

I replied saying how many Championship and League One games he’s played.

Whats hard to follow about that?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But I guess not. 

Apparently maltbyowl83 gets a bit confused when people post Fox’s league appearance stats

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Apparently maltbyowl83 gets a bit confused when people post Fox’s league appearance stats

It’s easy to feel confused when you’re debating using hypothetical/made up/in correct information and the people you’re trying to convince use facts. I’d imagine you’d start doubting yourself or your own opinions. 

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

But he's just won player of the month and is starting to prove himself as being competent for us. If he keeps the form he's showed over the last month then we would have to regard him as one of our better players. You don't win player of the month if you're playing badly at the end of the day.

Also of course if he were in league one he would be more comfortable, so would Ronaldo. However as it stands if we were to sell Fox I am sure it would be to another championship team.

Yes he's won player of the month and has improved no doubt, he's got a decent delivery and I think he always gives 100% But no matter how much he improves he isn't Ronaldo is he? It's not his application I'm questioning it's his ability, I think we need better. I don't agree with you regarding his sale, I don't think he'd sign for another championship team. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Based on those stats and more recent performance levels, I’d say Fox is a better full back than Palmer.  Ultimately I suspect neither player would survive in the Premier League but as part of an effective unit aiming for a top 6 finish I think both are just fine.

I would say as squad players, they are fine for a team aiming at top 6

But don’t think they’re good enough to play 40+ games and have us in the top 6 personally...

Which is what we should be aiming for

Edited by McRightSide

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Based on those stats and more recent performance levels, I’d say Fox is a better full back than Palmer.  Ultimately I suspect neither player would survive in the Premier League but as part of an effective unit aiming for a top 6 finish I think both are just fine.

Palmer hasn't put a foot wrong since he came a regular last season. 

Fox has actually been solid in his performances for a while - not great but solid

I would suspect however both positions were near the top of the ''to replace'' list 

• Thanks 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

I would say as squad players, they are fine for a team aiming at top 6

But don’t think they’re good enough to play 40+ games and have us in the top 6 personally

I know what you mean, would ideally like to see better on both sides, but I could probably say that about most other positions.

If we fail to make the play-offs I think it will be through lack of goals rather than being exposed at full back.  I know better full backs could contribute more going forward to help with goals tally, but right now a solid back 4 is serving us very well.