• Iorfa
    • Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Lee

Very hard to pick a MOM today.  You could make a case for any of the starting 11.  Nobody was less than an 8. Went for Hutch in the end for a flawless display in a position he wasn't expecting to play 15 minutes before kick off. 

Gone for Iorfa as he wasn't phased at all by losing his usual CB partner.

Good game for a 0-0. The standard of the opposition was much better than we have come up against of late,  we raised our game and will be the more disappointed side not to take 3 points.

Guest Ferkorf

Great game today especially for a stalemate..

Some amazing performances from our players I can't fault any of them today in tough conditions aswell.

Certainly hard to pick a MoM out of them.

One thing I was particularly miffed by is why Monk didn't roll the dice earlier and  bring on FF or Winnall for big dave just to change it up a bit. I think he left it a bit late. 

Looking forward to seeing what crazy results other teams grind out today

9 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Iorfa for me with Gary Monk a close second for getting the tactics spot on

Agree. 

I'm going into most games confident that we won't get outplayed, we won't get outfought and we won't get out-thought. We may cede possession in some games but it is part of an effective plan. It hasn't been very pretty of late but today we were the better side against a genuine promotion favourite.  

Great all round performance especially considering 2 of of on form players were missing, keeps us top 6 at the moment and the pressure on teams around us and most people importantly continues our momentum. It’s rare I’m happy with a draw but you can’t argue with our performance.

57 minutes ago, erowl said:

Impossible ... Sky had decided White was going to be MOM within 10 mins of kick off ... Maybe even sooner!

Saw the cameras on the pitch with 2 Leeds players on the way out and was surprised that if they were going to give man of the match to one of their players that it wasn't the keeper. 

White is clearly a good defender who can play football but he played them into trouble a couple of times in the 2nd half. Thought Iorfa had a better game than him.

Can’t decide at the moment. Every player stood up and put in a shift. I thought Harris had a poor first half but a good second, Pelupessy always looked like fouling his man, but other than that I’m struggling to find any negatives in an almost entirely positive performance by the whole team.

37 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Big bad Dom. Easily.

Lost his playing partner & never missed a beat.

I’d be worried if I was Tom Lees.

Tom looks like being 4th choice behind Dom, Borner and now Hutch who was tremendous back there today.

All 3 of them attack the ball as central defenders whereas Tom is more the back off type.

Iorfa, Fox and Hutch were superb but I had to give it Nuhiu. They couldn’t cope with him hence Cooper for Costa, surprised it was him that got pulled and not Fletcher tbh 

Edited by Ash76

Very difficult to pick a mom as everyone was excellent but gone for Bannan. 

Westwood 7

Palmer 7

Iorfa 9

Hutchinson 8

Fox 9

Reach 8

Pelupessy 7

Bannan 9

Harris 7

Nuhiu 8

Fletcher 7

Edited by bradowl

Westwood 8

Palmer 7

Iorfa 8

Hutch 8

Fox 7

Reach 8

Joey 5

Bannan 8 

Harris 7 (6 first half and 8 second)

Fletch 8

Dave 8

Joey was the weak link today. It really showed as well. 

Very difficult to give a man of the match but I thought Big Dave was excellent. He really gave Leeds a torrid time. 

34 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Great game today especially for a stalemate..

Some amazing performances from our players I can't fault any of them today in tough conditions aswell.

Certainly hard to pick a MoM out of them.

One thing I was particularly miffed by is why Monk didn't roll the dice earlier and  bring on FF or Winnall for big dave just to change it up a bit. I think he left it a bit late. 

Looking forward to seeing what crazy results other teams grind out today

Nuhiu had a header saved on the line one minute before being subbed.

In the previous 15 minutes he set up Bannan’s shot and Harris’s great chance.  

Very good performance, Leeds normally create loads of chances but our superb defence gave them measly portions.

Bannan and Reach linked well in midfield.

Westwood.    9         Safe handling in difficult conditions and the save from Bamford was up there with the best.

Palmer.         7.         Steady defending and tested the Leeds keeper with a good shot.

Iorfa.             9.5.      Immense performance, dominant in the air, quick in the tackle and looks so elegant when bringing the ball out.  Can't recall a better performance from a central defender at Hillsborough in a long long time. MOM

Hutchinson.  9.         Drafted in at the last minute and fitted in superbly.

Fox.              8.5.      Another very good display, competed well at the back and is showing what a sweet left foot he has.

Bannan.         8.        Superb during open play really dictated the game. Would have been a 9 but his dead ball delivery was poor.

Pelupessy.     5.5.      Drafted in at the last minute and put a shift in, but just doesn't have the quality needed.

Reach.          7.          Worked really hard and saw a lot of the ball, just lacks that bit of quality at times.

Harris.           6.          Not his day today, Dallas had the better of him, but nearly won it near the end causing a good save from the keeper.

Nuhiu.           8.        Thought he was average first half but second half really good, was like watching the rugby from earlier watching the Leeds players bouncing off him. 

Fletcher.       8.         With Nuhiu causing problems, the shackles were off for Fletcher and he was very good. great technique with the shot that hit the bar, goalkeeper pulled off a great save with another shot. Maybe could have done better with the late chance.