• Iorfa
    • Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Lee

Reach, some great driving runs to get us on the front foot, boundless energy and great backtracking.

A bit disappointed to be honest thought we were the better team and should’ve won today.

Overall a very good team performance though which bodes well for the foreseeable.

The future seems bright at the moment.

UTO

Westwood 7

Palmer 7 - improvement on recent games 

Iorfa 9 - terrific

Hutchinson 8 - apart from one scary run, immense

Fox 8 - has continued his recent form. 

Reach 8 - fantastic energy. 

Bannan 7 - some good touches but some frustrating set pieces

Pelupessy 8 - gets an extra point for putting a great shift in as a last minute replacement 

Harris 7 quiet at time but always dangerous 

Fletcher 8 - if only. Needs a bit of luck. 

Nuhiu 8 - a beast but with some great touches

Forestieri 6

Lee 6

Gutted we didn’t pinch it but the best game I’ve seen at Hillsborough in a long time. 

12 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Strangely I thought Bannans normally excellent delivery was poor today. The game passed him by for long periods imo

Played at least 3 passes that no other player on the pitch was capable of.

He's a teeny tartan total midfielder. Ran his little legs off too.

Fox was outstanding, he has worked on his distribution, had Costa in his pocket and that goal line block showed great awareness not to switch off.

Keep it up Morgan!

55 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Iorfa, Fox and Hutch were superb but I had to give it Nuhiu. They couldn’t cope with him hence Cooper for Costa, surprised it was him that got pulled and not Fletcher tbh 

I thought he might hook Harris and leave both big forwards on.

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Same here, thought the system and tactics were working.

Thought he would have done a straight swap Harris ( who wasn't having his best game ) for FF, playing from the left.

I agree.

However, how good is it that even though Harris has dropped below his early season best, he is still a good threat and works ultra-hard defensively?

Many fast wingers disappear when that aspect of the game is getting them nowhere. Harris has far more to his game.

Today I thought MOM was between Iorfa or Bannan, big Dom solid as always, really has made that centre back spot his own and I think he linked up really well Hutch. Bannan put some great balls in today and some excellent passing. That ball to put Reach through in the second half was sublime.

Special mention to Fox who continues to impress game by game, really hope this has stopped the boo boys now because he's showing what a capable solid full back he is.

Think today showed how much we missed Luongo though, his energy and drive to bring the ball forward from midfield was missed, Pelupessy will always give you 110% unfortunately he lacks that skill when on the attack, he looks to get rid of the ball straight away without looking for other options.

All in all I thought it was a good solid performance what on another day we would have got all 3 points.

Isn't it nice to have so many different and positive opinions after a match.

GM has instilled a bit of steel  grit and determination in our performances, something we have been lacking for years

Well done to everyone involved. I thought we matched Leeds in all departments  and on another day with the chances we had, we could easily have won, but we are definitely trending upwards, and long may it continue.

My only gripe about today  was the introduction of FF. Not about him coming on, but I felt it should have have been 10 minutes earlier.

Westwood 7 - distribution a little iffy, but cracking save

Palmer 7 - steady away today, great shot it in first half. 

Iorfa 8 - calm and just a rock. Carried ball forward well (tho did get caught a couple of times) 

Hutch 8 - not sure there's a position this lad can't play. Can tell its his natural position. Never looked like getting booked. If we had a decent DM I think he'd play there. 

Fox - 9 great game (and I'm a critic of his) made some fabulous blocks and tackles and he actually went forward, but forward with purpose. Great play for the fletcher chance. 

Reach 7 - thought he did well attacking wise today. Still worries me defensively but put a shift in (and that's not this usual runs but is miles behind play/his marker). Worried Leeds. 

Joey 6 - he works hard and does OK generally defensively, but that's all. He's as strong as a wet paper bag, gets muscled off the ball and his passing was woeful for me. Constantly gave it away, out of play or put his mates in trouble. 

Banna. 7- still below his normal standards and blamed his team mates a lot, but I thought he got himself into trouble more than not. Generally his corners and freekicks hit the first man or are floaty rubbish easy for keeper or defender. Wish we'd mix it up a bit. 

Harris 7 - had them when on the ball. Was slightly behind play of left 2 on 1 defensively but tried both attacking wise as an outlet and defensively. 

Fletch 7. 5 - could so easily have been a 9 had he taken any of his chances. Won more than dave in the air, but did get caught on ball a few times and somehow didn't score! Worked tirelessly to be fair. 

Dave 7 - thought he was off the pace and clumsy in possession in the first half. But as much as that in first he was good in the second.

Didnt think Lee and FF had enough time to be marked but both were lively. 

Hard fought and we could've won that game. Another step in the right direction. 

My only surprise was that the tannoy didn't announce that council demanded we'd have to stay behind in the ground for 2 hrs so Leeds fans could get out...... 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

M.O.M for me was the Ref.

He showed how to control a game.

Mainly agree, Apart from him not giving booking klich for kicking ball away right under his nose and for failing to give a freekick for the elbow, then letting Leeds play on until we had the ball on the break then deciding to give it. Better standard then most recently mind.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I agree.

However, how good is it that even though Harris has dropped below his early season best, he is still a good threat and works ultra-hard defensively?

Many fast wingers disappear when that aspect of the game is getting them nowhere. Harris has far more to his game.

Harris couldn't use his speed today because the guy against him was just as quick. He definitely struggled first half but he never hid and kept trying. He did get some decent balls in the box.

In another game he will roast the fullback and be unstoppable. A ggod player who is what we've needed for a long while.

• Like 1