Westwood and Luongo fit for Saturday

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Isn't it nice to be pretty much full strength a quarter of the way into a season for a change

Westwood would have dropped that clown

dawson would have stopped him point blank on his line but would have missed him if he had to come out and get him

edit sorry cammy I’m a fan really 

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Easy team to select for Saturday;

Westwood

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Luongo

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

Fletch

Harris

Bench;

Dawson

Moses

Lee

Joey

FF

Dave

Winnall

So no changes from a team that created little Tuesday and looked leggy, apart from Westwood? Against a high pressing, high energy team, I’m not so sure. I don’t think anyone had a bad game, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more than a goalkeeper change. Moses, for instance, may come back on for his energy. I don’t think it’s an easy team to select, albeit on form I’m not sure anyone else is knocking on the door. 

Don't think you really have any complaints if both come straight in.

Westwood always gives us an edge by presence and arrogance alone, even though Dawson has done nothing wrong to deserve being dropped.   He's just not as good as Westwood for us right now.

Luongo too, he's been patient and took his chance when given time on the pitch.   I think probably on performance my number one on the team sheet right now anyway.   That's no matter who is lined up alongside in midfield, be it Lee, Hutchinson, Bannan, Pelupessy or whoever.  

19 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Can see Westwood claiming his place back but would be harsh on Dawson.

Luongo has to start if fit.

While Dawson is a good stopper too, I still feel he's too quiet and not shouting at the defenders. When defenders hear their keeper shouting orders, you will avoid situations that could lead to a shot at target which he will have to stop. Granted, he's made a few brilliant saves recently, but at one point they will also go in, and I'd rather have the defenders do their job preventing those shots/headers in the first place.

So, I'd start both Westwood and Luongo, Luongo is one of the first names I'd put on the line up right now.

Luongo is a no brainer to start coz he's an integral part of the of the 5 man midfield ....the keeper isn't quite so clear cut .the safe option would be westwood coz if messes up the fans wouldnt get on his back which wouldnt be the case with dawson  .

22 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Excellent news. Dawson will have reason to be disappointed if he is replaced by Westwood. However, for a game of this magnitude it will be the right choice to bring Keiren in. Luongo is a no brainer. 

Quite right and if we play the same tactics as the other night, hopefully not, then we need Westwood's kicking ability to better supply Fletch.

It’s not really a difficult decision is it - Dawson is improving but he has to work on controlling and communicating with the defenders in front of him.  This is one of Westwood’s strongest attributes.  Luongo gives us something we’ve been missing for years a box to box midfielder with a bit of bite and skill in equal measure.  We will have to be very patient because we will not have a lot of the ball but if we continue to create chances and stay in the game it’s definitely winnable.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

Luongo is a no brainer to start coz he's an integral part of the of the 5 man midfield ....the keeper isn't quite so clear cut .the safe option would be westwood coz if messes up the fans wouldnt get on his back which wouldnt be the case with dawson  .

Also because Westwood's a better keeper.

Great news, put them both back in. I love Dawson, but while we have Westwood i would stick him back in. Also get Luongo in, but can we please stop singing the Semedo song to him, he's an attacking midfielder so players will get past him sometimes. Can't we make something new from skippy the kangaroo or waltzing matilda or something???? 'Massimo Luongo, Massimo Luongo, (insert clever line here), Massimo Luongo etc etc.

Leeds imo will be the toughest test we have faced this season. Seem to have some good attacking players and I would imagine they will spend a fair bit of time attacking and chucking crosses in to the box as much as they can. For that reason I would play Westwood every time.