Why even mention some fans dont agree ? Just praise the fella , everyone’s got opinions and no one can say he didn’t start off slowly for us , He was much steadier tonight , feel there’s so much more to come from him , I always have , he needs a run in the side get his confidence up . His crosses were excellent . 

• Like 1

Good to see the lad getting some praise.

Seems he's taken the stick the right way and asserted himself more and has really improved over the last season and into this one too. 

He's learned hopefully if he does make an odd error to just keep going, where he used to make one then he'd loose all confidence in himself and make more and more mistakes,maybe Bruce brought a psychologist in??! 

I've said before give him the simple job of defending and on safe occasions supporting the wide man and he's a very capable player at this level.

He'll never be a world beater as a rampaging, attacking fullback like a cafu, Carlos, or Stuart Pearce, but he's a solid defender and Good in the air too. 

7 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Starting to prove people wrong. He’s clearly a confidence player and if he carries on in the same vein as tonight, he’ll keep the shirt.

I think he’s played admirably considering the stick he’s taken from his own support. Never put in a disastrous performance. Sadly some fans always need a scapegoat. It’s bizarre. 

Struggle to find anyone who hasn’t criticised him, he’s probably criticised himself aswell ...but he’s more than capable of playing at this level 

Not outstanding, but nowhere near as bad as some make out 

He'sa regular part of a defence that don't concede many goals, how bad can he be?

He's been largely steady since the beginning of the year.  Never going to be a world beater, but he is reliable.  Good to see him getting some credit. 

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Just a thought....I know Iorfa is doing well centrally (though a bit less assures tonight) but if Iorfa goes to RB with Lees central we have a defence of giants. And very capable giants too. 

Why on earth would you want to move Iorfa to RB when he's shown he's gash there and he's playing extremely well at CB? :wacko: 

Palmer has had 2 bad games in a row, but past season or so he's been consistently good so isn't worth dropping him yet

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Why on earth would you want to move Iorfa to RB when he's shown he's gash there and he's playing extremely well at CB? :wacko: 

Palmer has had 2 bad games in a row, but past season or so he's been consistently good so isn't worth dropping him yet

Completely understand your view. Iorfa - Borner is working brilliantly.

If Monk sticks with it nobody will be surprised.

I also agree with you that Palmer has been rock-solid for months.

But where I disagree with you is Iorfa’s ability as a RB. He was highly effective, if a little awkward. Think back to how poor he was at CB v QPR. If Monk can improve his RB play in the same way he has improved him as a CB he could be outstanding. 

Guest Ferkorf

I do wish he would take the extra touch on the ball instead of instantly whipping them in especially when he has the time to. Other than that cant fault him last night and deserves the praise he has earned lately

12 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I do wish he would take the extra touch on the ball instead of instantly whipping them in especially when he has the time to. Other than that cant fault him last night and deserves the praise he has earned lately

I like his early crosses. Bet Fletcher does too. He put some belters over last night.

To us, he's invaluable when playing against a physical, direct side especially. We've nobody as an alternative (Iorfa aside) to play that sort of role at full back. 

There's very few full backs (who aren't converted centre halves) who are so good aerially. He's not the most glamorous player, but with the way Monk has us organised, Fox's fairly no nonsense approach to defending could see him become a mainstay in the side.