Jacob Murphy

Just now, Jakes Grandad said:

Fernando would have offered a lot more, he would have tried to protect the ball and maybe won us few free kicks, Murphy offered nothing and how someone paid 12m for him, mind boggling?.

My grandma would have offered more 

And she’s been dead 12 years!!

Guest Grez Bez
35 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

There is though that's the annoying thing, he was an outstanding performer for Norwich at this level hence his big money move to Newcastle, he just seems to lack self belief.

Is this a Wednesday thing? Rhodes, Murphy, Fox (not so much now) all look terrified. Is it the size of the stadium, the fans, the players, Bannan? No idea...

Are younger footballers too pampered now? Listening to Undr The Cosh they talk about how the older pro's were hard on the youngsters to toughen them up but nowadays they are treat like little princesses...

Posted this in the Reach thread too..

both the Murphy brothers are the same, somehow they managed to get premier league contracts but in reality their contribution to games and consistency could be equalled by a league 1 player. 

i’d send ours back in January and try to get someone more influential. Maybe the Hidalgo boy will show more ability in his time with us before then

And I was watching the game with a Cardiff fan and during the game he asked if he could swap their Murphy for ours, I said you wouldn’t want to do that!..

can see the disappointment in Murphy and his performance, but be careful what you wish for. I am a FF fan, but don't forget several things about Fernando. The first is tat he has not played much First Team football for long periods for a long time. He is also a marked man for Referees, and in his last few full matches for us, didn't pull many trees up for us.

As for Reach, perhaps the one thing which is missing from his performances is the fact that he's expected to be a 'utility' man and cannot settle into a specific role. Mayb we would get more from him were he to be played regularly as a winger?

36 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Posted this in the Reach thread too..

both the Murphy brothers are the same, somehow they managed to get premier league contracts but in reality their contribution to games and consistency could be equalled by a league 1 player. 

i’d send ours back in January and try to get someone more influential. Maybe the Hidalgo boy will show more ability in his time with us before then

And I was watching the game with a Cardiff fan and during the game he asked if he could swap their Murphy for ours, I said you wouldn’t want to do that!..

Josh Murphy had created more chances than any other Cardiff player this season going into last nights game. It came up on the thing.

Edited by thatladfromchap
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

can see the disappointment in Murphy and his performance, but be careful what you wish for. I am a FF fan, but don't forget several things about Fernando. The first is tat he has not played much First Team football for long periods for a long time. He is also a marked man for Referees, and in his last few full matches for us, didn't pull many trees up for us.

As for Reach, perhaps the one thing which is missing from his performances is the fact that he's expected to be a 'utility' man and cannot settle into a specific role. Mayb we would get more from him were he to be played regularly as a winger?

So we dont play FF because he hasn't had any game time !

And hes also a marked man by the refs ...may aswell give him away 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Mr Flat Owl was well known for his brutally honest school reports.

The parents of his Reception class sometimes found them a tad harsh, though.

lol 

....I am sure I am not the only one who was on the receiving end of similar ‘observations’ by the profession before the term PC was ever invented....

28 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I’d prefer us to give Fraser Preston a chance on the Bench. Murphy being in the squad is amongst other things stopping one of our young lads being in the first team squad 

Not a bad shout, apart from the Barnsley game I haven’t seen Murphy contribute much more than I would expect a youngster like Preston to do. Maybe the Hidalgo kid will be a gem we can use in January