Jacob Murphy

Send him back is a bit premature, we’ve seen flashes but I agree I expected better. 

Difficult to come in tonight in those conditions and expect too much in a 15 minute spell considering it was backs up the wall 

7 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Send him back is a bit premature, we’ve seen flashes but I agree I expected better. 

Difficult to come in tonight in those conditions and expect too much in a 15 minute spell considering it was backs up the wall 

You expect better than conceding a stupid free kick, chasing good passes out of play and ball watching in his own box though.

Currently I’d say he’s worse than playing with 10 men, it’s like playing 10 against 12. He was Cardiff’s best defender at times towards the end. 

To top it all off he genuinely doesn’t look fussed about how badly he’s playing. He looked like they’d pulled a kid from the stands tonight. Zero intelligence, zero heart and zero application.

Like I say difficult game to be introduced to. Agreed the foul on Tomlin was silly but he bought it, he’ll learn from that.

I’n not going to rip him to bits just yet, there’s a player in there. Managed right and with support from fans he could play a big part for us this season 

He's looked poor, seems a real lack of confidence, when he had the chance to run with the ball last night it was slow motion. The slating of Reach is a bit much, clearly the idiots from his first season have had to wait a few years for a chance to stick the boot in.

54 minutes ago, poite said:

Could say the same about Adam Reach 

I've been a critic of Reach, but Murphy is in a totally different league. Shown absolutely nothing to deserve game time except for his debut. Weak, terrible final ball, slow driving forward, ineffective. Send back

Not been impressed, lightweight and anonymous so far how I'd sum him up.

The most frustrating thing is that for a boy with supposed pace, he doesn't run at the opposition, for some reason has a negative mindset and consistently stops and checks back....that's on the few occasions he has a touch and gets involved in the game.

Has a lot of work to do to keep his place on the bench, never mind a starting place IMO.

(Thought his brother was crap for Cardiff last night too, very similar traits)

Obviously bereft of confidence after a tough couple of years football-wise. Hopefully he can get it together over the course of the season as im sure there's a decent winger in there somewhere.

Or..of course... "SEND HIM BACK" "WORST FOOTBALLER EVER" "DISGRACE" so on and so forth...

• Like 1