EFL hiring barristers

53 minutes ago, SiJ said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/16/efl-step-investigation-derby-sheffield-wednesday-reading-stadium/

Looks like the investigation into us, Derby and Reading is stepping up. 

EFL hiring barristers who advised the Government on Brexit/Supreme Court (that well went well...)

Problem EFL have is if the barristers come back and find that us, Derby and Reading broke the rules, then the EFL would basically have to admit to the likes of Boro that they failed to implement their own rules correctly. 

Can of worms...

Good times though. 

You've got the Council trying to close down Hillsborough and the EFL desperately trying to find an excuse to take some points off us. 

Never a dull moment. 

FFS 

12 Month ban for Fessi on its way 

• Haha 1

If the EFL grew some balls and told the premier league it wouldnt let teams armed with failure payments play in the championship , then none of this selling your ground to yourself  to raise income would happen. 

The EFL have created this mess by allowing such an unfair advantage to teams dropping out of the prem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The main questions is...how can the EFL approval all three club's accounts, then comeback several months later and decide that we have breached rules and should be docked points/fined etc? 

Originally, did they not apply their own rules correctly? 

If so, then don't they leave themselves open to litigation from Boro, us, Derby and Reading. 

Points deductions could have a significant impact on promotion/relegation and so on. 

It is an absolute can of worms. 

I think the ultimate twist is Boro finding themselves in the bottom three as they come to Hillsborough on the final day of the season while we need something to finish in the Top 2/6 and Gibson finds himself up against a manager who he harshly sacked. I think there is a strong chance of Boro going down this season TBH?

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They might have scored 3 anyway if the striker they spaffed a large chunk of parachute money on could hit the net. 

Parachute payments eh, funny how a particular club is getting a bit shirty now that theirs has run out. Nothing fairer than awarding clubs around £80M over a couple of years for failure.

You can bet your bottom dollar that parachute payments will be stopped the season that we next get relegated from the Prem. Mind you, I'm unlikely to live that long so it won't bother me.

4 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

I think there lies the crux of this.

Gibson's beef is with the EFL for allowing it. Therefore the EFL are bringing in Lawyers (at whose expense?) to cover their

arses from Gibson. 

If they are in the wrong then Gibson has a green light to sue them. Nothing to do with us. We did as we were told within the EFL rules (assumption)

so if the EFL rules were not applied correctly then Gibson will sue.

Exactly this.  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

14 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If the EFL grew some balls and told the premier league it wouldnt let teams armed with failure payments play in the championship , then none of this selling your ground to yourself  to raise income would happen. 

The EFL have created this mess by allowing such an unfair advantage to teams dropping out of the prem. 

While I totally agree with you, the PL would just be like "Yeah, whatevs!" and close their own doors to the teams coming up. They don't care, they are after all the ruling body of all English football.