Sheffield Council Traffic Regulation Order

How will people (especially invalids) who normally park within the Clubs precinct on match days, get anywhere near the ground?

How will through traffic, both north and southbound, navigate the area?

Does the mob who thought this up, have a brain between them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Its not me im concerned about, but if this stupidity comes into force, my elderly mother wont be able to get out in her car to go to the shops. she cant walk very far ,so rely s on the car . This will make her a prisoner in her own home on matchdays. 

The SAG/council/police will no doubt be hoping that the locals will jump on their bandwagon and blame the club for making this happen. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dumboldowl said:

How will people (especially invalids) who normally park within the Clubs precinct on match days, get anywhere near the ground?

How will through traffic, both north and southbound, navigate the area?

Does the mob who thought this up, have a brain between them?

The fact  this stupidity comes from sheffield council should answer your question mate.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, flo said:

Just do what I do. Arrive with a toiletry bag, wave it at them and say "I'm a player" and they let you drive right through. 

I carry a colostomy bag and wave that at them. Same just walk straight through

• Haha 1

somebody sat down in an office and came up with this idea.

He then wrote it down, probably did a PowerPoint

They then took it to a meeting and said "lets do this"

The people at the meeting said "Yes, that makes sense, lets do it"

It really is beyond comprehension that anyone with a brain cell thought this was a proportionate action.

• Like 1

As a driver I’ve got as much reason as anyone to be annoyed over these but people are mis reading this and massively over reacting

for a start, no where does it state that the closed roads will e shut from 10-10 those times are just for no parking...which, from what I can see will affect those who live on parkside road and park outside their houses

other than that it looks pretty much like the current set up with the exception of Penistone Road being closed (probably after for a period and possibly before) from Parkside Road as opposed to Herris Road and Catch Bar Lane been closed as well.....this looks to make things easier for pedestrians with minimal impact on drivers....I say that from a personal view point of parking in the club car park in Hillsborough Park, although my elderly parents who park in the Junior school may be affected (some players park there as well so be interesting to see how they manage that) - be interested to here how other people’s normal routine will be affected given that it doesn’t say the roads are closed 10-10

Overall though a massive over reaction on here 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Surely, there will be plenty of objections. 

Not just from the club, but local businesses, residents etc. 

It's is ridicilous. 

There will ,but they wont take any notice of them . SCC /SAG /SY PLOD have an agenda 

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

It's closed from Napoleons looking at that

which way will non match north bound traffic take ?

It’s closed from parkside road and through traffic would presumably go up parkside road...or up Rutland Road if signposting is clear and early enough

7 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Taken as printed it means all of Penistone Road is closed from Parkside Road to Law Bros for the entirety of a match day, along with local roads such as 

Vere Road etc. and that it constitutes a 'prohibition of driving' order. This would mean that those residents of those local roads would be prevented from driving 

to/from their houses on match days. 

The 'no waiting' restriction on Herries Road, Herries Road South, Rawson Spring Road could well mean a zero parking zone. 

All of which will make S6 almost unvisitable by car on match days. Disasterous. 

Where do you read that the roads are closed for the entirety of the match day Nev?

I fackin hate Sheffield council and I fackin hate SYP. They don't give a fack about Sheffield Wednesday. Their beloved pigs are in the PL now and that's all that matters. They want us away from Hillsborough and on a sh1tty industrial estate somewhere in the hope that people forget about their fack ups. To55ers!!

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There will ,but they wont take any notice of them . SCC /SAG /SY PLOD have an agenda 

Heard two blokes talking today. 

Then one of them started singing...

We'll move when we want

We'll move when we waaant

Fackk off bent Council

We'll move when we want.

We'll move when we want

Fackk off bent Coppers

We'll move when we want.

We'll move when we want

Fackk off bent SAG

We'll move when we want.

We'll move when we want

Fackk off bent Star

We'll move when we want.

We'll move when we want

Fackk off you bent conkers

We'll move when we want.

Seeing as they all have a mention in here, I was just  wondering if it had any connection, maybe/maybe not?

7 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Roll on the court case in December.

Club needs to get its side out there. 

there is good and there is bad there is black there is white there is right there is wrong , but our club aint got a cat in hells chance in a kangaroo court , some judge will listen to sag/police and our case will fall on deaf ears . its very sad that someone at sag has got a very vindictive hatred for us ,I wonder which team they support? and the police have an agenda because nothing what there doing makes sense . 

I said when the last series of restrictions were announced that there is a deeper vendetta against SWFC behind it, this just compounds that theory, these corrupt numpties probably see that the club has a rich owner and are trying to force a move for reasons unknown, no doubt a few brown envelopes will change hand should their plan succeed, rotten to the core this lot and I'm sure as a collective fan base something could be done.

This is just persecution by SCC,its non stop,has chansiri not paid the council tax on hillsbro or what?

They really have got it in for us these ba$terds,theres an obvious agenda going on here because its two sets of rules for two different clubs under the same council,have they never looked at the sty on matchday? Its far worse than hillsboro on a like for like basis.

Blunkett,Hattersley,Ashton and co need to use their influence to get on top of this poo ,its beyond stupidity.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

If anybody is interested my drive way in North Suffolk can accommodate 2 cars.

I could arrange for cycle hire if required. Journey time by bike is just around 17 hours as per map. 

Reservations in advance with a small deposit to secure your place. Car cleaning can be arranged whilst travelling if required for an additional charge.

Screenshot_20191017-221846.jpg

Don't push your luck, or they might close the road at Kings Lynn.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The disability discrimination act comes to mind

Agree, I mentioned this to my dad earlier who wouldn’t be able to attend based on what’s in the TRO.

Because of his mobility issues I drop him right outside the club shop before parking up in Wisewood near my house. To do that this season I’ve had to go up through Fox Hill and Oughtibridge but that’s worth it to make sure he keeps going as he has done for over 60 years. I’ll be absolutely raging if this TRO means he can no longer attend.

Another thing, to comply with the law don’t they have to advertise in the affected areas rather than just post them to local residents? I’m sure when navigating public places in the past I’ve noticed these things attached to lampposts. Are they trying to push this through on the quiet?  

10 hours ago, Kevan said:

Tim.hilbert@sheffield.gov.uk  seems to be the e-mail address to send objections.

Thats just for queries relating to it.

Formal comments (objections) for consideration should go to the address below. I’d urge everyone concerned to send a letter. Deadline is 7 November 

0C923B36-546B-47DD-B25B-98BBB02537FA.jpeg