Sheffield Council Traffic Regulation Order

35 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Think about it, current road closures and diversions are not in accordance with the law as they've not gone through a TRO whether than be temporary or permanent

Bingo.  The hysterical overreaction on here has been hilarious to read.

Edited by Sham67

35 minutes ago, Animis said:

The council will have the amend these plans significantly.

Penistone Road is a main arterial route in and out of the city. There's no way they can close this on a Saturday when it's at its busiest. The diversion will mean traffic significantly backing up to the jcn of Parkside Road onto Penistone Road for most of the day, which in itself causes issues with emergency vehicle movements, which is one of the so called reasons given for the plans in the first place.

How do the residents of the terrace streets on the North side of the ground function - essential the plans say you can't drive, unless they have dispensation. I suspect this is a deprivation of liability issue and could be easily challenged.

Why have they targeted no parking restrictions on Rawson Spring Road? Is there a safety issue here?

Bizarre.

Not to mention night matches - Penistone Road is already chocka at rush hour, so how is all that traffic going to cope when it's closed?

To think all this has stemmed directly from SYP not policing one game properly. I feel sorry for people at the SCC Christmas party, with all those sledgehammers being used to crack the nuts...

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2019 at 13:44, A12owl said:

Nobody really likes us do they?

It's a conspiracy.

Is it since the blunts went up? It seems to have got worse since then.

it appears that someone in power somewhere is doing their best to stifle SWFC from plying their trade in front of paying customers.

perhaps we need to hire some serious professionals to look into how things run so smoothly at the lane, or to ask if finding they're not running any smoother, why restrictions have not been implemented there?

could it be that someone with a dislike of SWFC has, and is driving their own agenda?

it looks a tad lopsided from someone from outside looking in I can assure you.

9 hours ago, edited said:

Wonder if we’d still be in the same situation if the ground had been updated like these plans. Still no room outside Leppings, Still cramped for space all round the ground in fact. Imagine all that money getting spent and we still got done over by the SAG

217EEC2B-1148-4428-B0DC-305531BA7991.jpeg

have you never been to QPR their ground has been worse than ours for 20 years...the concourses are death traps and god help if there was ever a fire

9 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it appears that someone in power somewhere is doing their best to stifle SWFC from plying their trade in front of paying customers.

perhaps we need to hire some serious professionals to look into how things run so smoothly at the lane, or to ask if finding they're not running any smoother, why restrictions have not been implemented there?

could it be that someone with a dislike of SWFC has, and is driving their own agenda?

We should hire the same Manchester University fella and see what he makes of Brammall Lane

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

couldn't agree more ,the trouble is the council and westminister are a bunch b*st*ards who don't do whats right . if the PLO or IRA were in town they would roll out the red carpet like they would for bin ladens family that's what we are up against . not 1 person even a child can make any sense on whats going off around our ground , in fact I think they have deliberately allowed us to sell 4500 to leeds scum this Saturday on the hope that they will cause as much mayhem as possible in there agenda to shut us down. 

On 17/10/2019 at 11:11, matty1968 said:

Just had this popped through my letterbox. Looks like the temporary traffic restrictions in place are being proposed to be permanent. Not sure if this means the access to the ground restrictions and capacity reductions will stay too.

IMG_20191017_105931.jpg

IMG_20191017_105947.jpg

Anything similar being rolled out around bumhole stain? Thought not 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

couldn't agree more ,the trouble is the council and westminister are a bunch b*st*ards who don't do whats right . if the PLO or IRA were in town they would roll out the red carpet like they would for bin ladens family that's what we are up against . not 1 person even a child can make any sense on whats going off around our ground , in fact I think they have deliberately allowed us to sell 4500 to leeds scum this Saturday on the hope that they will cause as much mayhem as possible in there agenda to shut us down. 

All kicking off at Birmingham this evening 

On 18/10/2019 at 14:17, alanharper said:

Not to mention night matches - Penistone Road is already chocka at rush hour, so how is all that traffic going to cope when it's closed?

To think all this has stemmed directly from SYP not policing one game properly. I feel sorry for people at the SCC Christmas party, with all those sledgehammers being used to crack the nuts...

Spoke to the head of Sheffield Highways earlier this year on this issue we have with the carriageway width, sighting distance, turning radii and lack of adequate markings. He was quite content to state that the road in question did not meet current highway standards and acknowledged the accidents on it were probably down to it. Said they did not have any cash to rectify anything. Great to know that was clearly pap as they have managed to conduct a study with a view to implementing the points.

23 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

have you never been to QPR their ground has been worse than ours for 20 years...the concourses are death traps and god help if there was ever a fire

yer ive mention about loftus road many time when sag have reduced our capacity over last 3 years . its unreal how little space there is in there and its in middle of a housing estate ,our ground has way more room. but this has nothing to do with safety what there doing I know that you know that everyone who goes to Hillsborough knows that. 

Although the council are complicit in all these sanctions against the club I think darker forces namely the pigs are behind this. They are so desperate to claim the city and although they currently have the upper hand they know if we went up we would without restrictions get bigger crowds. It’s funny how key people making these decisions have links to United and they have no restrictions despite more violence occurring at the lane . I’d just move to a bigger better stadium although I suspect they’d stick their snouts into that 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dorian gray said:

Couldn’t agree more,  I think a huge part of the latest issue is there’s been a breakdown of communication between the club and SYPD , doesn’t particularly surprise me and I probably won’t call the club out on this one because my own personal opinions of SYPD are probably best not shared on this forum or anywhere  else 

I think this is where the issue is though, the police and the club aren’t talking properly and the police are pressurising the council into a hardline approach 

On 17/10/2019 at 19:07, Adem Poric said:

What restrictions are being put in place for the surrounding areas of Bramall Lane on match days?

I can only assume they are similar. Right?

They do close Bramall Lane (I Think). Not sure about surrounding areas.

19 minutes ago, thommo said:

They do close Bramall Lane (I Think). Not sure about surrounding areas.

A blade I know has said that they close two roads before and after the game. Bramall Lane is closed and John Street.