Sheffield Council Traffic Regulation Order

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Makes sense!

Although on match days I normally get taxi from city centre to Beres at Wadsley Bridge. Im guessing that won't be possible now.

Basically they're all absolute twaats and the agenda is clear isn't it. 

• Thanks 1

This basically the plan i posted about 2 weeks ago but in more detail 

The only available parking is a School to the City Side of the ground and Niagara Sports ground to the north side and will be charged at £5 a car .............to start with 

Starts as of the 17th of October with consultation between 17th Oct to 17th November apparently 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I know we are making a lot of noise on here but I think we need to get this into the public domain even more

How long before folk stop coming to games because of this - I promise you after driving 2 hours min to get to home games I don't want to be using public transport or find that parking out the way on Claywheels Lane is now not permitted.

I park on my mothers drive on Shenstone rd , bang across from the away end . if this happens thats me knackered. 

and again letter to Clive Betts...

Hi Clive,

The situation at Hillsborough is becoming much more volatile. The situation now for myself and other disabled fans is that they will be excluded from attending games thus ...https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/285407-sheffield-council-traffic-regulation-order/#comments  

Sorry we have not had the anticipated reply from Julie Dore, Alan Billings or Mr Shrubsole.

This is/has escalated into a vendetta contrived as a cover for Police incompetence.

Please do your best to intervene.

Comradely Neville Wright.  
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

What restrictions are being put in place for the surrounding areas of Bramall Lane on match days?

I can only assume they are similar. Right?

Yes, they will probably close Penistone Rd when the pigs are at home too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

and again letter to Clive Betts...

Hi Clive,

The situation at Hillsborough is becoming much more volatile. The situation now for myself and other disabled fans is that they will be excluded from attending games thus ...https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/285407-sheffield-council-traffic-regulation-order/#comments  

Sorry we have not had the anticipated reply from Julie Dore, Alan Billings or Mr Shrubsole.

This is/has escalated into a vendetta contrived as a cover for Police incompetence.

Please do your best to intervene.

Comradely Neville Wright.  

This has become seriously over the top and disabled and some elderly fans will simply be excluded from perhaps their only pastime. Is there any other ground in the country that has anywhere near these restrictions?  Making the whole North Stand exit through one end is virtually guaranteeing problems and maybe a disaster. Anyone can see that. 

Keep away fans (when there are some !) in for 15 minutes, proper stewarding and sensible policing is easily enough when both exits are open.

people will just stop coming, affecting the club and local businesses.

The disability discrimination act comes to mind...add to that the objections from locals too... ( im ex Very Rd born and bred ) and this will get thrown out...

They are a phooking disgrace... incompetent phookers with blood on their hands...attempting to pass blame for their failures years past.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So who is for a Hongkong style slow driving lock down of those same areas Mon to Friday ?

My mobility is such that I won't be able to get to the games.

Restricting you is a bloody disgrace.

I sincerely hope that measures to assist can be provided.

Pretty funny in the letter where is says if there are no objections............:mad:

Its actually quite bizarre the magnitude of the restrictions. 

Look at Bramall Lane on match days. Queens road is impossible to drive up because one lane is full of parked cars. 

More trouble at United games, more arrests, same issue of away fans coming out amongst home fans yet there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on them at all.

I simply dont understand it. I've been walking out of the north stand onto leppings lane for nearly 40 years and never experienced many issues at all other than a bit of shouting and pointing every now and again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I think there are alot of us knackered matey. 

Its really getting daft now. 

Its not me im concerned about, but if this stupidity comes into force, my elderly mother wont be able to get out in her car to go to the shops. she cant walk very far ,so rely s on the car . This will make her a prisoner in her own home on matchdays.