Sheffield Council Traffic Regulation Order

How have we got here? Out of nowhere we’re getting pelted by the council, SYP and now stagecoach. I’ve no idea how stagecoach can publicly slate swfc for not reducing the away allocation. We’re a ****** business for goodness sake - why isn’t Stagecoach working with us, the council and the SYP to reduce the risk of trams getting trashed? How about they ask Leeds United to do something about thekr fans smashing up teams? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

How have we got here? Out of nowhere we’re getting pelted by the council, SYP and now stagecoach. I’ve no idea how stagecoach can publicly slate swfc for not reducing the away allocation. We’re a ****** business for goodness sake - why isn’t Stagecoach working with us, the council and the SYP to reduce the risk of trams getting trashed? How about they ask Leeds United to do something about thekr fans smashing up teams? 

Seems like everyone has it in for us these days not discounting the refs, are things the same at the lane, its as congested if not more than Hillsborough.

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Seems like everyone has it in for us these days not discounting the refs, are things the same at the lane, its as congested if not more than Hillsborough.

I have a few blades mates and they're as confused about the situation as we are. There were no restrictions last night v Arsenal, and none versus Liverpool. Yet the stadium layout and the roads nearby are just as complex as S6 + they've seen plenty of restrictions over the years whilst in the EFL. 

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

In any other city a business would welcome fare paying passengers.

Yes takes a bit of planning and security but it happens. Did transport for london shut down the other week when millwall played leeds? London has high risk games every week. When was the last time manchester stopped their trams for a game.

Cant think of any other reason than the council and police are just not fit for purpose. Absolute double standards, where are the road closures at the lane?

Would love to understand how they implement the same road and access closures to the ground for leeds as well as Wigan etc.

Surely safety is about reacting to to the risk or event. Not just overkill regardless.

Agree, someone at the council, Police needs to be accountable and answer the questions. They are publically funded after all.

35 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I have a few blades mates and they're as confused about the situation as we are. There were no restrictions last night v Arsenal, and none versus Liverpool. Yet the stadium layout and the roads nearby are just as complex as S6 + they've seen plenty of restrictions over the years whilst in the EFL. 

100% this. The derby has been fast worse at the lane in recent years and other occasions with different teams. However no enforcement notices, closing stands etc. Just cannot understand the double standards. Wish some one from the council would explain properly. Or is it all wrapped up in any ongoing potential litigation against the Police and Council. If so you would have thought they would be as keen to implement "safety" measures at both clubs.

Is it just me that thinks this, or were  these increasingly draconian measures first put into place, and then

made more severe week by week, since it was decided that Mr Duckenfield was to face a retrial.

It seems to me that the SYP (and Sheffield Council) are doing everything they can to deflect balme from themselves

and try to convince people that the blame lies with the ground design and the football club.

Any ones fault but theirs   -   Absolute R'Soles !!WTF:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

On 17/10/2019 at 12:58, S36 OWL said:

The council have just released more details on their plans 

army-roadblock-at-anti-coup-demonstration-bangkok-thailand-E1A2NC.jpg

Why not go the whole Hog (pardon the pun ) and impose a ' State of Emergency ' seriously though,it looks the Council is trying to force our hand and drive us out of S6.WTF: