Sheffield Council Traffic Regulation Order

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Looking at the map, the restriction is way before Herries Rd. I thought the detour was up Herries Rd 

Yeah thought that as well. Makes life more interesting (annoying) if you drive to games. Assume you cant get up to the private run carparks off penistone road. 

Next season they will be preventing buses and trams running on matchdays in a gradual way of starving the club of supporters.

The season after that Hillsborough area will be evacuated and a military restriction zone within two miles of the stadium.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It’s just gettingfuckindaft now. Why not just ban away supporters

Look forward to even worse atmospheres then. I genuinely couldn't be arsed going if they started to ban away fans. Similar reductions in matchday atmosphere over the years have killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the English game. 

Looking at the 2nd bit are they stopping parking on Claywheels lane for any game or just when they choose to park away coaches up there 

39 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Look forward to even worse atmospheres then. I genuinely couldn't be arsed going if they started to ban away fans. Similar reductions in matchday atmosphere over the years have killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the English game. 

Agree with you to a point.  But these measures are put in place even when we play the likes of Millwall and Wigan who bring a bus load of mums and dads. The atmosphere is hardly enhanced by a smattering in the west upper. Yet everyone has to be massively inconvenienced to facilitate it. It’s just bonkers and gone well beyond a joke now. 

Guest Manwithastick
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

That reads like road closures before the game too? 

Taken as printed it means all of Penistone Road is closed from Parkside Road to Law Bros for the entirety of a match day, along with local roads such as 

Vere Road etc. and that it constitutes a 'prohibition of driving' order. This would mean that those residents of those local roads would be prevented from driving 

to/from their houses on match days. 

The 'no waiting' restriction on Herries Road, Herries Road South, Rawson Spring Road could well mean a zero parking zone. 

All of which will make S6 almost unvisitable by car on match days. Disasterous. 

Edited by Manwithastick

Could we just tell the police and the council to do one and we will manage the games ourselves.

OR

Could some one post what safety improvement are needed to the stadium to remove the restrictions in place. 

We have a reduced capacity currently around 30,000 from the near 40,000 we are losing money because of this, what do we need to do, to correct it will it cost a few hundred thousand or millions or can nothing be done. As these restrictions have only come in the last few years. Profit and Sustainability is not affected by stadium improvement so if it cost a few million in the scheme of the problems being created why isn't it been corrected.

Or is the solely down to SYP and the disaster in the 1980's.

This is total overkill by the Council and not for the first time.  Presumably the club will object and as many supporters as possible should do so too.  Somewhere on that letter there will be an email address to which objections to the proposals can be sent.  Haven't had time to look closely yet but off the top of my head, it's probably trafficregulations@sheffield.gov.uk

I'll try any take a more detailed look at the letter later after work and update on here.

Update:  Tim.hilbert@sheffield.gov.uk  seems to be the e-mail address to send objections.

Edited by Kevan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clud17 said:

Next season they will be preventing buses and trams running on matchdays in a gradual way of starving the club of supporters.

The season after that Hillsborough area will be evacuated and a military restriction zone within two miles of the stadium.

slightly out with your prediction :sad::angry:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/match-day-trams-sheffield-suspended-when-wednesday-play-leeds-over-fears

Edited by lt109
  • Haha 2

link doesn't work for some reason 

News

Match day trams in Sheffield suspended when Wednesday play Leeds over fears of disorder

Trams to and from Sheffield city centre and Hillsborough are to be suspended when Wednesday play Leeds next week in a bid to avoid a repeat of disorder.

Thursday, 17th October 2019, 09:55 am
Updated 2 hours ago
  • Haha 1