Worst offside decision I've ever seen

38 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Worst decision I ever saw was one that went our way. Don't recall the game but Steve McKenzie netted at the Kop end he must have been 5 yards off side.

Barnsley at home mate...scored to make it 3-1..miles offside...everyone stopped except him and the lino lol

• Haha 1

This new business about subbed players having to leave the pitch at the nearest touch line or goal line can only give poor referees another excuse for getting decisions wrong.

Fletcher and Reach both did this (correctly) yesterday and both walked half way round the pitch to get back to the dug out.

Given that refs insist on subs warming up with their playing kit covered, it can only be a matter of time before a ref blows for offside or, vice versa if defending, doesn't blow for offside because they see the shirt and think the player is still active.

What fun will be had when that happens or will the FA address this problem by having strategically placed hi-viz jackets around the perimeter serviced by ball boys/girls?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

That's how the Narzis got started..

Listen matey..I'm on a site wiv no certificate at the moment...I'm embroiled in the dark web ...full of...like dark...stuff...wiv darkness...

I don't give a flyer for who started the Reichstag fire..I'm livin' on the edge!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Shows how hard a linesman’s job can be, especially when defence is pushing out at the same time. This is why I can’t understand the opposition to VAR which if used correctly will help get the decisions correct more often.

7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Shows how hard a linesman’s job can be, especially when defence is pushing out at the same time. This is why I can’t understand the opposition to VAR which if used correctly will help get the decisions correct more often.

Its the waiting....with VAR..I know it works both ways...but the whole kneejerk of emotion goes west...

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Listen matey..I'm on a site wiv no certificate at the moment...I'm embroiled in the dark web ...full of...like dark...stuff...wiv darkness...

I don't give a flyer for who started the Reichstag fire..I'm livin' on the edge!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably going to get my bank account emptied just by typing this..

Can someone turn it off and on again?

The irony of Owlstalk not having an up to date safety certificate isn't lost on us I hope?

On 05/10/2019 at 20:00, Blatter said:

Lee Mason more likely to be in league 1 and it’s no surprise he’s not reffing in the Premier league these days..
The handball/ throw in incident was so bad it was comical really.

So many decisions that were clearly wrong.

Free kicks needlessly and wrongly awarded.

Inconsistent when dishing out cards. 
worst of all the inability to see who should be awarded a throw in even with the help of a linesman.

I really expected better when I saw  we had a ref with so much experience in the top flight.

He's still reffing in the PL, he's had 3 PL games and 2 Championship this season. Absolutely awful though - the only thing he's done right in years was sending off Fat Billy the other week!

I didn't actually realise it was him until afterwards, I just thought it was yet another fussy "look at me" ref (I was right there though!). Still not the worst ref we've had this season though, which says a lot about the current standard of refereeing...

On 05/10/2019 at 17:24, Dan™ said:

Can't really see clearly from this angle, but Fletcher's leg is beyond the last defender's.

fletch_offside.jpg

Fletcher is marginally in front of the defender - offside (if only a bit). Can we give over with the victim sheeet. It gets a bit old. 

• Thanks 1