Worst offside decision I've ever seen

Lee Mason is a complete t*ss pot. As soon as you see he’s in charge you know your going to be treated to the “Lee Mason show” 

He’s responsible for the worst refereeing decision I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough, when he gave a penalty against David Lucas for winning the ball with a chase with a Coventry player in 2005. I’ve held a grudge against the bellend ever since

Edited by Stoop
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How do you make that out?

He looks offside to me.

He's level, the assistant called it because Fletcher was his side.

In these situations the Striker should get the benefit of the doubt.

These decisions plus VAR are just ruling out the most exciting parts of football, goals.

The Nuhiu offside was more comical. Ball played forward when Nuhiu was offside. Nuhiu, knowing this, allows the player to play the ball without interfering with play. The Wigan player promptly slices it backwards towards his own goal and up goes the flag.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The Nuhiu offside was more comical. Ball played forward when Nuhiu was offside. Nuhiu, knowing this, allows the player to play the ball without interfering with play. The Wigan player promptly slices it backwards towards his own goal and up goes the flag.

I agree

That was an awful decision, once the Wigan player plays the ball it is a different phase of play and Nuhiu was onside because their player was the last to play the ball.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't understand how the linesman has given Fletch offside. There's a player on the goal line ffs.

Have to agree. I haven’t got a gypsy as to how that can be offside!

38 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

If the defender was behind the line, it does not count as he at that moment is technically not in the field of play.

The defender would be classed as on the goal line.Otherwise a player could just step off the pitch to play someone offside

• Thanks 1

4. Offences and sanctions

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play.

An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside. A player who deliberately leaves the field of play and re-enters without the referee’s permission and is not penalised for offside and gains an advantage must be cautioned.

If an attacking player remains stationary between the goalposts and inside the goal as the ball enters the goal, a goal must be awarded unless the player commits an offside offence or a Law 12 offence, in which case play is restarted with an indirect or direct free kick.

12 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

The standard of refereeing at times in embarrassing. 

Funny as it was Leeds were totally robbed today when the Millwall player won a penalty and got their man sent off with a blatant dive. 

That decision shows that some refs have preconceived ideas about certain players before a ball is kicked.

Beradi has a reputation for being dirty, the ref couldn't wait to send him off to show who is charge.

Sadly some refs do the same with FF, although he is not dirty some refs never give him a thing and the opposition are allowed to constantly foul him.