Worst offside decision I've ever seen

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That is as I understood but I wasn't aware that the hands and arms of the goalkeeper don't count, seems a bit strange given he is permitted to use them but they don't count in this instance.

I think that must be a recent addition, the rule used to be that only parts of the body which can be used to play the ball can be used when judging offside calls, which would obviously include keepers' hands.

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Whats the point having a fourth official if they just sit on their hands and bite their lip...

Poor.

it's clear to see that the 4th. officials job is to silence criticism and objections of the officials on field cockups by those pointing the ****ing obvious out.

21 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I think that must be a recent addition, the rule used to be that only parts of the body which can be used to play the ball can be used when judging offside calls, which would obviously include keepers' hands.

I believe it is parts of the body they can score with.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It looks borderline at best, nowt like giving the benefit of doubt to the attacker.

What doubt? How do you know that the Lino wasn't sure, in his mind, that it was definitely offside?

Even you yourself, eight posts before the one I quoted said "He does look slightly offside". Don't you have it within yourself to accept that perhaps, just maybe, the Lino got it right.

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I saw this on YouTube the other night. Interesting insight into studies on how referees judge video replays of incidents without sound. Where's it going wrong at Hillsborough?

I reckon we fall into a really weird gap in the system.

Big clubs in the premier league get the decisions, based on crowd noise etc. Refs come to our ground knowing we've got a big stadium and fan base and they're desperate not to give home advantage, they think they're being clever but the effect of being in a less than full Hilsborough isn't as big as they expect compared to a full Old Trafford etc and they end up over compensating and we get absolutely fizz all

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Fletcher looks offside from the initial shot, ball flew past him in the keepers eyesight. Interfering with play. That’s from a video I’ve see on Twitter. I was going mental like everyone else initially but, there’s every chance in hindsight the linesman might have got that one right. As for Lee Mason, let’s hope he’s back in the prem soon, completely inept. The blatant handball when their player decided to take a throwing before the ball had gone out was a particular highlight.

Lee Mason more likely to be in league 1 and it’s no surprise he’s not reffing in the Premier league these days..
The handball/ throw in incident was so bad it was comical really.

So many decisions that were clearly wrong.

Free kicks needlessly and wrongly awarded.

Inconsistent when dishing out cards. 
worst of all the inability to see who should be awarded a throw in even with the help of a linesman.

I really expected better when I saw  we had a ref with so much experience in the top flight.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

What doubt? How do you know that the Lino wasn't sure, in his mind, that it was definitely offside?

Even you yourself, eight posts before the one I quoted said "He does look slightly offside". Don't you have it within yourself to accept that perhaps, just maybe, the Lino got it right.

The post you refer to 8 posts before my own was actually by @HirstWhoScoredIt - easy mistake to make though if you are not paying attention! :ghoulguy:

Maybe the lino did get it right, its certainly debatable but I could tell through watching the game with my own eyes that the full set of officials were unsure of what they were doing all afternoon. Credit to him on the North Stand side though, at least unlike the referee he didn't allow Wigan to pick the ball up and take a throw in when the ball clearly hadn't fully crossed the line. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The post you refer to 8 posts before my own was actually by @HirstWhoScoredIt - easy mistake to make though if you are not paying attention! :ghoulguy:

Maybe the lino did get it right, its certainly debatable but I could tell through watching the game with my own eyes that the full set of officials were unsure of what they were doing all afternoon. Credit to him on the North Stand side though, at least unlike the referee he didn't allow Wigan to pick the ball up and take a throw in when the ball clearly hadn't fully crossed the line. 

Fair point.

WTF:

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Don't understand how the linesman has given Fletch offside. There's a player on the goal line ffs.

Looking at the sky sports highlights in not sure there is a player on the goal line. When Reach hits his shot Fletch looks to be slightly behind both defenders and interfering with play. When it comes out to him you are right the defenders are playing him on. I reckon it's close but probably the right decision. 

I was going mad at the tim e though in real-time.

I think it shows how difficult the Lino's job is sometimes.

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

If we want to talk about bad decisions though, another incident from today's game was probably the 'highlight' of the season so far:

handball.thumb.jpg.e33e62fad3a45f2432e2b6ec94e12a4d.jpg

2 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

And the bald headed tool had a great view. 

Bit harsh on Bannan that comment.

:ohmy:

• Haha 4