Last nights fans

Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday was sung early(as teams came out) and a couple of more times through game but yes poor atmosphere overall. Should the fans try and lift the team during a dull, dreary game ? Or do we have to wait for the team to get the crowd going? 

25 minutes ago, Stockyowl said:

Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday was sung early(as teams came out) and a couple of more times through game but yes poor atmosphere overall. Should the fans try and lift the team during a dull, dreary game ? Or do we have to wait for the team to get the crowd going? 

A bit of both probably, but on a cold dreary Tuesday night in Hull, when lots have gone straight from work ( so no or very little beer consumed) and paid good  money to do so, IF the team show commitment, energy and will to win the game I'm sure the fans would respond and give them great backing.

One thing that is for certain though, the team have let down the fans many more times than vice versa, especially away from home.

22 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

On the subject of Sky coverage, the lass that was doing our game on SSN wants sacking.

She didn't have a clue who was who, and what was going on.

Well established on Radio 5 for many years - Faye Carruthers. I concur that she does come across as absolutely useless when she's on Sky.

It's like she loves being anonymous when she says "I'm fake, are others"?

I'll get me coat :ph34r:

• Haha 1

The support was abysmal.

It was like going back a couple of years ago when the over riding feeling was total negativity surrounded by constant abuse of our own players. (Which led to fighting amongst our own fans).

Two minutes into the game some clown behind us was screaming at Odebajo on his first touch, calling him a "fu***g idiot. 

Another one shouting abuse at Nuhui "To fu***n get onside at a free kick you stupid c**t", when he was clearly dragging their defense back prior to stepping immediately back onside. General knowledge & insight of the game totally lacking. This went on all game & got worse as the game progressed.

The abuse of Adam Reach was off the scale & regardless of his form, it was cringe worthy. He seems to be the favoured target of the moronic majority & it would probably be better for every one (especially himself) if he moved on & we replaced him with someone who flies into tackles with studs showing & doesn't 'nesh' tackles which I'm sure our crowd would appreciate more.

There seemed to be a marked difference in support to most recent away games regardless of result, which I can't really put my finger on, but make no mistake, the atmosphere was pretty much toxic all the way through with constant abuse of our own players & misinformed ranting.

I also don't buy the idea that anyone who went deserved praise. It's about an hour & a bit up the motorway, ( not much further than an average commute in the rush hour). People also seem to have overlooked that Hull were around 3rd in the current form table and because it didn't go our way (and yes we weren't great), it was sulks, moans & abuse all round with constant abuse of our own players.

Whether it was the fact that 'fans' were tired after working all day, showed no respect to Hull expecting us to walk all over them after mullering Boro, or were just plain pis**d I don't know, but there was a marked difference to the usual away following.

Not good!!

On 02/10/2019 at 07:42, Wednesday_Jack said:

The turn out was superb as always and that can’t be knocked but from the outset there was no desire to support the lads...there wasn’t even an Hi-ho Sheffield Wednesday!! 

Far from excellent to be honest. 

To buy a ticket then travel all that way on a dire Friday evening when the game is on sky, they deserve a medal imo.