• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Harris
    • Murphy
    • Luongo
    • Nuhiu

I'll tell you what, i'm done after this season if this is how it's going to be.  We had that glimmer of hope in the first match, we looked class (albeit now we realise against a poor side)

and all that has gone.  We're crap, as crap as when Jos was here.  My stepson doesn't come anymore, he's in his 20's, never seen us do anything.  This is it for me, this season or i'm out.  

ps I voted for Fletcher, always shows and puts in a good shift.

Edited by Mus
  • Like 1

QPR got their game plan spot on. Appeared to know our weaknesses and exploited them. Run through the middle or knock it to the big man, wait for the CB to follow then play a diagonal ball in behind.

We appeared to pick a team and hope for the best. We then change a few players and appeared to believe more attacking players means more goals, even if they are playing out of position. QPR have two big lads at the back let's knock long balls, instead of trying to turn them.

Reach has the beating of their RB with pace but their LB can keep up with Harris, let's keep them in the same position because it's not working but it might do.

Ratings

Westwood, Borner Fletch 6

Most a 5

A few 4.

1st goal Fox was out of position and did lose the ball but it was about 35 yards from their area and they still had a lot to do.

2nd goal Palmer had no idea what was happening behind him, a trait he had lost but it came back and cost us.

16 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Westwood 4 - just flipping hurry up

Palmer - 4 rustier than an old nail

Iorfa - 3 the lad is not a CB

Borner - 4 Corporal pike could have beaten him

Fox - 5 two great crosses first half

Bannan - 2 awful

Hutch - 5 a life as a sweeper beckons

Reach - -1 woeful, cut your hair and get a bloody foot in

Harris - 4 needs to play on the right

Forestieri - 4 erm....

Fletch - 5 tried I guess

subs - 4 changed nothing

Westwood: I get the feeling he always has to be the centre of attention. Always has to hold onto the ball. He's killing us, because by the time he's done f3cking about the opposition are back in their own half and everyone is marked. 

Really difficult to pick out a man of a match yesterday. All the same problems which got Carlos and Jos sacked are still there. 

My only hope is that Bullen at least acknowledges the problems post match. Where as the last two jokers didn't appear too.  Of which I can agree with Bullen:

- We don't move the ball quickly enough

- There is no communication (That's why we play as 11 individuals bickering with each other)

- The performance wasn't acceptable 

I also think we need to seriously rethink what's going on in the centre of the park. Hutchinson isn't cut out for centre mid anymore, maybe he never was as he can't get up and down the pitch. In fact he's static, most of the time. Whereas Bannan is able to get around the pitch, but for me he needs to do more on the ball bringing the ball forward quickly, and picking better passes moving the ball forward quickly. In fact all this hero worship of Bannan has gone to his head, because just like Westwood he likes to hold onto the ball and slow down play too to be the centre of attention.

And what ever happened to supporting runs? I guess that's why Rhodes is under and embargo, we can't have players running to make themselves available for a pass can we? 

Same old Wednesday (Carlos Edition v1.3)

46 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Westwood: I get the feeling he always has to be the centre of attention. Always has to hold onto the ball. He's killing us, because by the time he's done f3cking about the opposition are back in their own half and everyone is marked. 

Really difficult to pick out a man of a match yesterday. All the same problems which got Carlos and Jos sacked are still there. 

My only hope is that Bullen at least acknowledges the problems post match. Where as the last two jokers didn't appear too.  Of which I can agree with Bullen:

- We don't move the ball quickly enough

- There is no communication (That's why we play as 11 individuals bickering with each other)

- The performance wasn't acceptable 

I also think we need to seriously rethink what's going on in the centre of the park. Hutchinson isn't cut out for centre mid anymore, maybe he never was as he can't get up and down the pitch. In fact he's static, most of the time. Whereas Bannan is able to get around the pitch, but for me he needs to do more on the ball bringing the ball forward quickly, and picking better passes moving the ball forward quickly. In fact all this hero worship of Bannan has gone to his head, because just like Westwood he likes to hold onto the ball and slow down play too to be the centre of attention.

And what ever happened to supporting runs? I guess that's why Rhodes is under and embargo, we can't have players running to make themselves available for a pass can we? 

Same old Wednesday (Carlos Edition v1.3)

Agree totally, but Bullen has to be ruthless in his management and team selection and training.

Stop being mates with the players and always pick a team of HIS chosing, to win games.

Bring in some one to help out with the coaching duties, Stuart Gray?.

9 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Agree totally, but Bullen has to be ruthless in his management and team selection and training.

Stop being mates with the players and always pick a team of HIS chosing, to win games.

Bring in some one to help out with the coaching duties, Stuart Gray?.

Definitely need too bring in more coaches, as you would assume the three Steve's were actually doing some work when they were here...

Jos tried to drop players, ultimately I suspect that caused problems within the club which then led to a deterioration of performance on the field.

I think you can see in it in Bullen's response after the game he's angry about what our players thought was an acceptable level of performance yesterday. Most of them have been playing at Hillsborough or in this league for three seasons or more now, they know what to expect. 

It needs ripping up and starting again this team, but that's a very difficult tightrope to walk. 

They need to back Bullen or get someone in now. Let's not get fooled into thinking Alex Neil is going to come in and get Sam Hutchinson's knees to work again though. We need way more workrate and creativity in midfield than what we have currently, and that's been the problem since the playoff final. The forwards looked isolated yesterday as our midfield was none existent as an attacking threat. 

think you can see in it in Bullen's response after the game he's angry about what our players thought was an acceptable level of performance yesterday.

Maybe he needs to look closer to home. Give the players a structure to play in and in general they will. The manager changing the formation from game to game and the players don't know their arris from there elbow is down to the manager.

Bullen chose the wrong formation on the day, was slow to change when it didn't work and made the wrong decision when he finally made one.

Look in the mirror Lee. Up your game or move aside.

For my money 433, high press, high tempo from the off. We will win more than we lose. Sit back and we will get picked off. If we want to sit back we need better strikers and maybe big Hec in the middle. If he still wants to come he should be cheap at the next window. 

Westwood 5

Palmer 5

Iorfa 4

Borner 6

Fox 5

Reach 5

Hutchinson 5

Bannan 5

Harris 5

Fletcher 5

Forestieri 4

I went with Borner, in my opinion he looked like the only one to know his job

Iorfa is kidding himself if he thinks he's a centre half

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Football fans are weird.

Fox is poor and gets dogs abuse, has an upturn in form and gets dogs abuse, carries on playing well and gets dogs abuse, players and managers criticise fans for giving Fox dogs abuse, someone wants to buy Fox, fans up in arms about selling him, Fox has a poor game, 38 people vote Fox MoTM

The unthinking football fan is quite something 

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Football fans are weird.

Fox is poor and gets dogs abuse, has an upturn in form and gets dogs abuse, carries on playing well and gets dogs abuse, players and managers criticise fans for giving Fox dogs abuse, someone wants to buy Fox, fans up in arms about selling him, Fox has a poor game, 38 people vote Fox MoTM

"Fox is poor"

just summarised it for you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Football fans are weird.

He's managed to lower expectations so successfully that he can only complete 60% of his passes, give the ball away under no pressure leading to the equalising goal and most of the fans still think he's had a good game by his standards.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2019 at 18:33, McRightSide said:

Football fans are weird.

Who the thinking fan vote for?

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

On 01/09/2019 at 11:10, Mus said:

I'll tell you what, i'm done after this season if this is how it's going to be.  We had that glimmer of hope in the first match, we looked class (albeit now we realise against a poor side)

and all that has gone.  We're crap, as crap as when Jos was here.  My stepson doesn't come anymore, he's in his 20's, never seen us do anything.  This is it for me, this season or i'm out.  

ps I voted for Fletcher, always shows and puts in a good shift.

I know exactly what you’re saying. I spend hundreds watching them home and away. Then there’s the time it involves as well. I’ve got 2 kids, one likes footy the other can’t stand it. I should be spending my time with both of them, not Wednesday.

It’s  getting to the stage now where I’m thinking fvuck it. And am prepared to walk away. I don’t mind us losing, but I do mind wasting my time and money on a basket case of a club that I could run better than the people that are doing at the minute. 

Think this will be my last season under the current regime as well. Yet another managerial farce has done it for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steelman said:

I know exactly what you’re saying. I spend hundreds watching them home and away. Then there’s the time it involves as well. I’ve got 2 kids, one likes footy the other can’t stand it. I should be spending my time with both of them, not Wednesday.

It’s  getting to the stage now where I’m thinking fvuck it. And am prepared to walk away. I don’t mind us losing, but I do mind wasting my time and money on a basket case of a club that I could run better than the people that are doing at the minute. 

Think this will be my last season under the current regime as well. Yet another managerial farce has done it for me.

Well thank you my friend, hope you don't get as much abuse as I have, been told to f**k off and don't come back, i'm not a proper fan etc etc.  I have been home and away since 1966 (not every away but a lot) so think I do count as a proper fan but I have had enough.  I love the Owls but its just a complete farce AGAIN!!!  

4 hours ago, Mus said:

Well thank you my friend, hope you don't get as much abuse as I have, been told to f**k off and don't come back, i'm not a proper fan etc etc.  I have been home and away since 1966 (not every away but a lot) so think I do count as a proper fan but I have had enough.  I love the Owls but its just a complete farce AGAIN!!!  

TBF we are one point off the play-offs and almost certainly due a new manager. I’d be thinking about sticking with it a bit longer.

But if you’ve been getting a kicking for your earlier post that’s plain wrong.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

TBF we are one point off the play-offs and almost certainly due a new manager. I’d be thinking about sticking with it a bit longer.

But if you’ve been getting a kicking for your earlier post that’s plain wrong.

Thanks, I've calmed down now, was just a knee jerk reaction after Saturday's game, i'll still be there come rain or shine, it's in the blood!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1